PDA

View Full Version : BF 1942 - Xbox or Not?

robnyack
02-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Sorry to ask th is question that has probably been asked a hundred times, but the 100 times it was asked, I never cared! I just d/l the demo for the pc, and tried to play but could not get it to work. Now, I am obsessed! Is this game coming out on the xbox or do I have to go buy a new pc???

The Informer
02-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Sorry the Xbox version was cancelled some time ago. Go buy yourself a new PC (make sure its over 1 ghz).

GokuX
02-16-2003, 10:22 PM
It's worth a new PC IMO.

Unreal
02-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by The Informer
Sorry the Xbox version was cancelled some time ago.

Professor Kaos
02-17-2003, 10:35 AM
no BF for us. EA can lick my nutz for all I care.

CrazyCougar
02-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Battlefield 1942 is a PC game anyhow. There is no way it would have even come close to making it on the xbox. The xbox nor the online service is powerful enough. I'll just play Battlefield on the PC where its meant to be.

Stormlord
02-17-2003, 03:47 PM
What kind of Xbox do you have cougar? Xbox is no joke when it comes to power. If Xbox version of Deus Ex 2 is said to look a bit better than the PC version then I think it shouldn't have a problem with a game like BF1942. BF looks like a juiced up Half-Life engined game. But maybe BF hasn't made it to Xbox because of LIVE. But no doubt Xbox should have gotten BF. I mean it was announced for Xbox before Xbox was even out. Plus I know it is a multiplayer game but they promised to make a deep singelplayer just in case. Looks like EA and Dice's promise aren't worth a rusted penny. :) :D :mad: :rolleyes:

GokuX
02-17-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
What kind of Xbox do you have cougar? Xbox is no joke when it comes to power. If Xbox version of Deus Ex 2 is said to look a bit better than the PC version then I think it shouldn't have a problem with a game like BF1942. BF looks like a juiced up Half-Life engined game. But maybe BF hasn't made it to Xbox because of LIVE. But no doubt Xbox should have gotten BF. I mean it was announced for Xbox before Xbox was even out. Plus I know it is a multiplayer game but they promised to make a deep singelplayer just in case. Looks like EA and Dice's promise aren't worth a rusted penny. :) :D :mad: :rolleyes:

It's not a juiced up Half-Life engine. It is soooooo far from it and so far superior in every stinkin way that it isn't funny.

Stormlord
02-17-2003, 05:34 PM
You miss read. I said it looks like a juiced up Half-life engine. And yes it's inferior to every other next gen engine. Everyone that reviewed said it's a pain in the ass on their systems for a game that doesn't have superb graphics. So if it was as graphically detailed like Halo, Splinter Cell, or Panzer Dragoon and has all the same features then I would see why it would be a picky game. Road to Rome finally fixed its problems but to say Xbox can't handle BF is just a shame. :D :cool: :)

CrazyCougar
02-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I still dont think it could...LOL! But of course thats my own opinion. I would love to be pleasantly surprised but doesnt look like EA will let that happen. So its all a moot point now.

Stormlord
02-17-2003, 07:58 PM
EA just canceled it because they can. I've played Road to Rome and I just laughed at how they cancelled BF1942 for Xbox just to produce this tiny expansion. "We want to focus and finishing Road to Rome" and then shortly after it's released. :confused: :confused: :eek: Uh we lost a possible great LIVE game just for a few maps and vehicles.
::I will now go on a homicidal rage at the EA headquarters:: :D

GokuX
02-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
You miss read. I said it looks like a juiced up Half-life engine. And yes it's inferior to every other next gen engine. Everyone that reviewed said it's a pain in the ass on their systems for a game that doesn't have superb graphics. So if it was as graphically detailed like Halo, Splinter Cell, or Panzer Dragoon and has all the same features then I would see why it would be a picky game. Road to Rome finally fixed its problems but to say Xbox can't handle BF is just a shame. :D :cool: :)

The graphics are amazing when you see all of the soldiers and what not moving around on screen. Textures are high quality, the environments are vast on some areas, water looks nice....I could go on. You have to play the game with graphics maxed at 1024 x 768 on a 64 player server in order to appreciate it. I think the Xbox could handle it if it wasn't a straight port from the PC, but rather built from the ground up specifically for the Xbox. People are running this game with Radeon 9700 Pro's and 2.0ghz+ processors in order to achieve a smooth/consistent framerate. I really think if it was just ported that the player limit would have to be cut down and maybe the draw distance cut a little to keep framerate consistent. However I think that since the Xbox only has to bother rendering at a low resolution that the framerate could be acceptable.