PDA

View Full Version : Baseball games!!!!

Chiefroberts
02-17-2003, 07:08 PM
What baseball game is going to be the best this year? I heard that sega has a good game, but inside pitch from microsoft has online play. Almost all of them look good. I would say it's between sega, acclaim, EA, and Microsoft. What do you think?

CrazyCougar
02-17-2003, 07:27 PM
World Series Baseball 2k3(Sega) seems to be the cream of the crop this year. High Heat 2004(3DO) is a close second due to the depth of the game. HH 2004 had downloadable content. But neither title has online play.

I am skeptical on Microsofts Baseball title. If its online thats kewl, but last I heard it was undetermined. Microsoft had a good basbeall title for the PC but it still couldnt compare to High Heat.

High Heat comes out this week. Sega comes out in March.

mediasource
02-17-2003, 07:42 PM
I really don't like baseball, though I have always liked the 'WSB 2K' games from Sega. So I would have to go with that one.

BORNGD
02-17-2003, 09:52 PM
world series baseball last year was tight! i loved that game, i have high hopes for this years edition

VenoM
02-17-2003, 10:56 PM
wsb 2k4 without a doubt....plus it'll have online play...cant beat that:p

CrazyCougar
02-18-2003, 12:00 AM
WSB 2k4 does NOT have online play. Nor does it have downloadable content. Which is a major bummer. High Heat is the online with downloadable content so far.

VenoM
02-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
WSB 2k4 does NOT have online play. Nor does it have downloadable content. Which is a major bummer. High Heat is the online with downloadable content so far.

wsb 2k4 aint gonna be on xboxlive???? why would sega do that?? :confused:

bbchs_trash
02-18-2003, 08:06 AM
High Heat comes out March 3rd not this week. WSB 2k4 comes out March 13th or 14th not next week.

Sega didn't put it in online play because they were having trouble with the way the game was acting up online and they didn't want to postpone the game any longer. They need the downloadable content though.... thats unforgivable...

LTM360
02-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
I am skeptical on Microsofts Baseball title. If its online thats kewl, but last I heard it was undetermined.

I just recently got my Game Informer (last issue thank god), and it say that Online Play for Inside Pitch was 'Yes'. But as you said, I also am skeptical of Inside Pitch. Same like Inside Drive and NFL Fever, they are decent games but they lacked depth, this seems to be the case with Inside Pitch, since it lacks 'Franchise Mode', 'Hall of Fame', 'Retro Jerseys', 'Retired and Old-Time Players', 'Online Roster Updates', 'Broken Bats', 'Create-a-Team', & 'Expansion Mode'. I think, looking at all the yes's and no's, I would have to go with All-Star 2004, since it has much more depth than all the other games.

Unreal
02-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Chiefroberts
What baseball game is going to be the best this year? I heard that sega has a good game, but inside pitch from microsoft has online play. Almost all of them look good. I would say it's between sega, acclaim, EA, and Microsoft. What do you think?
My vote goes to Sega this year. I am giving my cousin my last years version when I pick up WSB2K3 :D

Cloud Strife
02-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Unreal
My vote goes to Sega this year. I am giving my cousin my last years version when I pick up WSB2K3 :D You're giving him a free videogame, how nice of you.;) Will you give me several of your Xbox games.:)

carlbme
02-18-2003, 09:59 AM
I'd end up getting the MS one as long as it has online play.

# 1 Stunner
02-18-2003, 11:47 AM
i love basebal games, th sega one will be good but come on, u made all ur sega titles online and not this? come on,too lazy?dont wanna waste ur time and maske a good game?oh wait wanna charge a monthly fee on this biitch now? oh screw it.:D

LTM360
02-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by carlbme
I'd end up getting the MS one as long as it has online play.

Why don't you just get depth, along with online play? All-Star Baseball 2004 anyone?

tWoTOMA
02-18-2003, 12:05 PM
Microsoft's game will probably look incredible but have no depth at all, like their other games. High Heat has all types of depth and options, but I was never a big fan of the gameplay. EA's game will have players with enormous heads, an arcade-like gameplay system, and no defense like every one of their other games. ASB will be a damn good game, but I'll have to go with WSB. Just like last year, those were the only two decent titles, but Sega took the edge with a great franchise mode and better visuals. With the ESPN license and an even more improved franchise mode, Sega is the game to buy this year.

XBOX MSSC
02-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
Why don't you just get depth, along with online play? All-Star Baseball 2004 anyone?

dude, whan you have a job and family, you don't need too much depth. You just want to sit down, and play a game.

But, I know you're helping him get more bang for his buck. ;)

robnyack
02-18-2003, 03:12 PM
the only LIVE baseball we are going to get is MS's Inside Pitch. I agree with the above who said it will look good but leave you wanting alot more depth. Typical of MS sport titles.

I am most enticed by High Heat 2004 . For the last 4 years, HH has RULED the baseball world with their PC version. Their console version on the PS2 sucked, but their PC version was without a doubt THE best baseball game going. Graphics lacked, but the gameplay and simulation was almost perfect every year.

With the new graphics engine, I am hoping they have got the graphics to take advantage of the xbox, plus bring the same great baseball gameplay and simulation as in the pc version. Man, would the be the ****za!

WSB 2004. 2003 was the best baseball game on the console last year...however that was not saying much. This game was decent, at best. Way too many GLARING deficiencies. Some were inexcusable. But, it looked really good and the got the atmosphere of being at the ballpark down pretty well. I'm hoping they come back strong with 2004 and build on what they started.

ASB 2004 . 2003 was not a very good game. It was SOOO BORING. It was like watching grass grow. They did the worse job of anyone in terms of bringing the fun of the ballpark to the player. Graphics were ok, gameplay was ok...but everything was just BORING. I am really hoping they worked on bringing the ambiance of the ballpark to the player.

MVP Baseball Thankfully, EA finally killed off the Triple Play franchise. That was the WORST of all franchises. We will see what this offers.

There has not been a really good baseball for the console in many many years. I think we are getting closer. What makes a great baseball game? Great graphics and animations. Great ballpark ambiance. Gonig to a baseball game is FUN. They need to bring the fun of a ballpark to the console player. Have the ambiance of each specific ballpark!!!! If Giambi hits a HR at Yankee stadium, then I want to hear the yankee bells!! And most importantly, GAME PLAY and LIFE LIKE SIMULATION. And great DEPTH.

CrazyCougar
02-18-2003, 04:12 PM
The thing I am looking forward to most about High Heat is the A-AA-AAA minors rosters you can work with. That is depth. The only thing that I am worried about would be the controls. I am hoping High Heat gives full control to the human and not the CPU. I want to make the diving catches, leaping grabs over the wall, chase down that long fly ball, etc.... I think High Heat has great potential on the Xbox and I hope they use all the power available to them. Will it top the PC version? Most likely not but it can still be a great console baseball game.

WSB 2k3 should be totally awesome since this was the best game on the market. Its going to be a tough choice, I'll probably get both of these titles.

Inside Pitch I will most likely pass on. A baseball game needs more than an online play option to reel me in.