PDA

View Full Version : What is "THE.BEST****.SPORTS GAME.EVER"?

Ninja Scroll
11-28-2001, 01:47 PM
I want to know what does everyone think the best sports game ever created is? And why.
I gotta go with NBA 2K2 by far.
It is not perfect (but what sports game is) but it is da,mn near if you ask me.:D

The models, animation, graphics, commentary, ect. It's the most balanced sports title I have ever played. And not to meantion the A.I. is the smartest the have ever seen other than NFL2K2.

EA Sports, eat dust you rehashing money hungry has beens.

Sega Sports/Visual Concepts just took you undeserving crown,....... well, actually they took it on 9/9/99:p

leecow
11-29-2001, 04:42 PM
Atari football circa 1980. :D Now there's a game that made you WORK!

Krugar
12-01-2001, 02:33 PM
NFL2K2-
By far the best overall balanced game and fun as hell to play. I await the day that series comes to the XBox.

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2001, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Krugar
NFL2K2-
By far the best overall balanced game and fun as hell to play. I await the day that series comes to the XBox.

Hey Krugar, you make a good case for NFL2K2. I loved it on my Dreamcast, and im taking it you own the DC version as well.
But the question is are you gonna purchase the same game for Xbox? I wont, i'll just wait until NFL2K3 comes out next fall for Xbox.
It's a shame no one was ever online with SegaNet for NFL,... for tha matter all the Sega games with the exception of PSO & PSO Version 2.0
Online was sooooo much fun (except when cats would quit all th time) even with all the lag problems Sega had.
Oh well, atleast Xbox wont have those issues to worry about next fall:)

jeah
12-06-2001, 02:29 AM
1. Tecmo Superbowl III - SNES
2. NES Open (golf) - NES
3. Bad News Baseball - NES
4. Fifa 98 - PC (that's what i had it for)
5. NBA Jam TE - SNES

Those are my favorites in order.

Rancey
12-06-2001, 05:44 AM
International Superstar Soccer, Konami soccer games are always top notch ;)

1337h4x
12-06-2001, 06:36 AM
Tecmo Superbowl III - I agree

Ninja Scroll
12-11-2001, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 1337h4x
Tecmo Superbowl III - I agree

Give me just 1 good reason why Tecmo Bowl is better than NFL2K2. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz, im beggin ya!:rolleyes:

Big Ben
12-18-2001, 01:26 AM
Tecmo allowed you to sit back and have fun without immersing yourself... it's not on my top 5, but I understand the feeling:

Big Ben's Top Five Sports Games of All Time:

5. EA Sports NHL 2002 (PC) - too addictive... good god...

4. Microsoft's NBA Inside Drive 2000 (PC) - Best BBall ever

3. Street Sports Baseball (Commodore 64) - trash can lid home plate, what more is there to say...

2. Sega Sports World Series Baseball 98 (Sega Saturn) - 1st at bat ever, Jose Canseco fouls a ball of his foot and has to leave the game... You just can't beat that.

AND

1. Sega Sports Virtual Tennis (Arcade) - I've spent more money on that game than on my Xbox, 4 controllers, and 6 games... what does that say... I still can't beat the last guy...

True, most of these are recent, but if I extended the top 10, it would include Mutant League Football and Hockey, Blades of Steel, Super Punch Out! (if boxing is counted), RBI Baseball 3 (with Dennis Eckersly's 1986 0.69 ERA), and finally, that stupid football game on my cell phone I play druing class.

-Big Ben

Ninja Scroll
12-18-2001, 11:43 AM
Hey, I like your opinions on your sports thoughts.
WSB98 on Sega Saturn is truly a classic. And to this date, the best baseball game ever.
I never bought Virtua Tennis for my DC but I still intend to get it soon.
One more thing, I am not trying to down play Tecmo Bowl. I love both games on NES. I just said it was not the best sports game ever.

;)

Rancey
12-18-2001, 11:47 AM
I'm with you on Virtual Tennis Big Ben, whenever I see somebody playing I just HAVE to challenge...my most wins from challenges is 14 in one sitting until I completed it...the first time I beat Master was awesome aswell (if you don't lose many points after you beat the final round Master challenges you)...I still kept playing till I flushed him though :D

Slider1981
12-18-2001, 01:21 PM
My favorite sports game is Mac Football, that game rules

xboxman_1
12-19-2001, 09:25 PM
With all this talk of football, does anyone know if any college football games are scheduled for release anytime soon on xbox?

Ninja Scroll
12-20-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
With all this talk of football, does anyone know if any college football games are scheduled for release anytime soon on xbox?

Thus far xboxman_1 nothing has been confirmed or announced yet, so I would'nt expect any college football opinion plays until fall 2002.
Sega Sports College Football 2K3 & EA Sports College 2003 will probably be the first the ship next 3rd quarter of 2003.

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 11:02 AM
you guys didnt believe me, but like I said before, NBA2K2 is the best sports game of all-times!
Still aint conviced by my Ninja words?
Check out videogames.com's Best Of 2001.
They not only gave NBA2K2 on Dreamcast the best "overall" sports title of the year beating out all the PS2, KiddyCube, and Xbox sports titles but they also claimed it the most balanced, as perfect as a sports games as gone at this point in time.

BTW, the game is coming to Xbox in the 1st Quarter of 2002 so I hope everyone will give it a shot that has not already. The rosters and everything else will be updated from it's DC brother!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/bestof_2001/p3_12.html

VAN
12-27-2001, 11:52 AM
Pro Wrestling for the NES!

King Slender, The Amazon, Starman etc. Man that was a fun game.

I also enjoyed Bases Loaded and 10 yard fight. :)

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by VAN
Pro Wrestling for the NES!

King Slender, The Amazon, Starman etc. Man that was a fun game.

I also enjoyed Bases Loaded and 10 yard fight. :)

Awwwwww VAN, now your taking me back to da good old days (not saying those days were better than these Xbox days by any means:D ) when Pro Wrestling on the NES was the end all be all of my social life!
That game is a classic even though a child could had made up most of those characters in a second!:D
I think we all loved Star Man. The Lex Luger wanna be dudewas cool too.
I remember always having to start my game over any time I didnt win 20 matches in a row to get a true undisputed title shot at the White Tiger guy. I cant remember his exsact man though.
I miss that game:(

Big Ben
12-27-2001, 01:55 PM
Remember, Lex Luger came about 7-10 years after Pro Wrestling for the NES...

-Ben

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Big Ben
Remember, Lex Luger came about 7-10 years after Pro Wrestling for the NES...

-Ben

Hey Ben, I beg to differ that statement about the total package!
Pro Wrestling came out in the late 80's.
Do you know how old Luger really is? That man is an old goat yo! He's in his early to mid 40's now.
Lex started his career back in the mid 80's.
Waaaaaaaaay before the WCW & NWA he was in the idependent curcuits kid!
This coming from a hardcore wretling fan who is just droooooooooling in anticaption for WWF RAW on Xbox! Can you say,.... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Da Nature Boy!!

Note: i know it aint on it butsay whoooooo is just 2 sweeeeeeeet!:D

Big Ben
12-27-2001, 02:18 PM
The first time I heard of him, not being much of a wrestling fan, was 92-3 when he body slammed Yokozuna on a destroyer and was invited to Wrestlemania... As far as Pro Wrestling goes, didn't it come out with the release of the NES in 86?

-Big Ben

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Big Ben
The first time I heard of him, not being much of a wrestling fan, was 92-3 when he body slammed Yokozuna on a destroyer and was invited to Wrestlemania... As far as Pro Wrestling goes, didn't it come out with the release of the NES in 86?

-Big Ben

Yo Ben,
Now your talking it really back in the days.
Yeah I remember Lex slamming Yoko on that military boat! That was when he first came to the WWF with that corny USA hero gimmick crap. It was like the was replacing Hulk Hogans gimmick or something. anyway, you may be right about the NES release of Pro Wrestling coming out in 86 but dont quote me on that. I still believe it may have been a year or too after that!? never the less, Luger came out before that wrestling game did. Im telling you, that's where Nintendo go the idea for that Luger rip off you Pro Wrstling. But it's all good cause I still have love for that game!

Now it's time for RAW on Xbox to ship!
D@mn Feb 1st release date :(