PDA

View Full Version : New racing games

SiGuy
02-19-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm looking for a new racing game to buy. preferably compatible wih a Mad cats racing wheel. i already own Sega GT 2002. Already released or soon to be (like next month or so) any suggestions?

Chaotic
02-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Apex looks promising but im going to wait on some reviews!

JJaX
02-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Mid night club II should be coming out too

Or whatever its called.

Viper87227
02-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage
Apex looks promising but im going to wait on some reviews!

I agree Apex looks great but I'm renting 1st....i hear its like RR and that scares me.

Midnight Club II should also be good....but right now i've got my eyes on Pro Race Driver

Xbox Owner
02-19-2003, 06:16 PM
What's RR?

Blah.. I am really looking forward to Apex.. but something that bothers me I found on Gamers.com..

Making a game that allows players to manufacture and race their own cars can be risky. While it's a cool idea, a lot of videogame racing junkies won't look at a title that doesn't feature licensed cars from the likes of Ford, Toyota, or Mitsubishi. So, Milestone went the extra mile and created a game that should please all racing fans. Apex is an addictive driving game that's unique but not so high-concept as to scare away the masses. Basically, all you have to worry about is finishing well in each race, and your car company will more or less take care of itself. It's kind of fun to watch your headquarters expand from a grimy garage to a massive factory, but the real entertainment begins when you get your cars out on the track. Apex is fast, pretty, and controls almost perfectly. The balanced opponent A.I. won't let you lap the field, but you also won't suffer from any surprising bursts of speed from the second-place car. I have only one major gripe--there's no way to win a shoving match. If another car touches you anywhere, it'll always pass you. It's an annoying, but not fatal,

SiGuy
02-19-2003, 07:05 PM
I havent heard much about that Midnight Club II yet. Havent heard of a release date or anything. But Apex does sound good and I already planned on buying that upon release. any other suggestions?

Xbox Owner
02-19-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
I havent heard much about that Midnight Club II yet. Havent heard of a release date or anything. But Apex does sound good and I already planned on buying that upon release. any other suggestions? http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/genre/0,11892,xbox-driving,00.html

SiGuy
02-19-2003, 07:32 PM
sweet thanx. I seriously need to start going to gamespot more often