PDA

View Full Version : Live content Splinter Cell new mission shots!

XboxGamers
02-19-2003, 01:35 PM
I still haven't beaten this game yet. :D

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/news/news.php?idNews=257#1

World Exclusive. Screenshots of new Splinter Cell 'downloadable' missions!

Xboxworld has received some exclusive screenshots from the upcoming 'downloadable' mission "Kola Cell" coming soon via Xbox Live. The level will be available for download via Xbox Live as of March 14th. The new level deals with the Phillip Masse story (in case you've forgotten, Phillip Masse is they guy in the Ministry of Defence elevator that you have to eavesdrop with the microphone. He's a notorious hacker that the bad guys employ to do some pretty nasty coding.)

This is nice timing for all European Xbox Live purchasers as its release will coincide with the release of Xbox Live for them!

As to how these levels will be made available to Australian Splinter Cell fans (as an XBL release date for us is still to be announced) XBoxworld spoke to Owen Hughes from Ubisoft Australia and had a brief chat about how they plan to make this level available to us..

"How will we get it to Aussie gamers? This is the first of the downloadable missions and it's only one level so creating a CD for a 38mb file would be pretty expensive, especially if we have to do this for each new level. We have already spoken to OAXM about this and they're looking into covermounting it sometime between March and June (schedules permitting).

We will be sent this new level on a disc within ten days so we'll evaluate what should be done after we've seen it."

There you have it, it's great to see a publisher working out ways to get that XBL content to us poor Aussies! Xboxworld will have more info on this as news breaks.

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/previews/images/s_cell_kola_03.jpg
http://www.xboxworld.com.au/previews/images/s_cell_kola_02.jpg
http://www.xboxworld.com.au/previews/images/s_cell_kola_01.jpg

Shadow20002
02-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Look really good. But i don't have XBL. Maybe i must wait until June or July to get it on a OXM disc. :rolleyes:

XboxGamers
02-19-2003, 02:09 PM
I don't have Live to so likewise.

No Fear 23
02-19-2003, 02:17 PM
i need to finish the game before that stuff comes out. damn xbl is keeping me from playin it :(

Xbox Owner
02-19-2003, 02:22 PM
meh.. am I the only one who thinks those graphics look like they're on PS2?

JJaX
02-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
meh.. am I the only one who thinks those graphics look like they're on PS2?

You need glasses...

RudedogX
02-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
You need glasses...
LOL, someone had to say it!

Xbox Owner
02-19-2003, 02:42 PM
well, i think they look jaggy as hell :eek:

RudedogX
02-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Two questions to that...Have you played the game, and have you seen the amount of stuff you can interact with?

OuFtb
02-19-2003, 04:10 PM
I was wondering, I don't have live so I have to wait for it to come out on the OXM disk, how long will it be until its on the disk, I seen people saying June or July, is that the offical date or just geusing. I hope it comes sooner.

hebgbz
02-19-2003, 04:57 PM
I think that is a hopeful guesstimate.

wweomaniac
02-19-2003, 05:45 PM
about the whole issue regarding not having XBL...

well I doubt that itll be on an OXM disc. I think thsi because I think that this downloadable content is being used by MS as an incentive to get XBL. It makes sense if you think about it.

OuFtb
02-19-2003, 06:25 PM
It does make sense I just hope they don't do it. I don't have live and probably won't get it. My only live game is Splinter Cell and thats just downlodable content, and it wouldn't make sense just to buy live for that. Hopefully its on the OXM disk I guess we will have to wait and see.

No Fear 23
02-19-2003, 07:49 PM
OXM said they will have it on :)

xbox owner,

heres some sweet glasses for ya :)

O=O

JJaX
02-20-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
well, i think they look jaggy as hell :eek:

I think your a jaggy! :eek:

Shadow20002
02-20-2003, 08:52 AM
The first screenshot looks like it's taken in the PS2 version (look on the right of the screenshot, where are show your life bar, mission objective and what type of weapon you use now). The other two are (i'm sure) in the Xbox version.

JJaX
02-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
The first screenshot looks like it's taken in the PS2 version (look on the right of the screenshot, where are show your life bar, mission objective and what type of weapon you use now). The other two are (i'm sure) in the Xbox version.

i must be missing something. I dont see any difference... :confused:

RudedogX
02-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I think your a jaggy! :eek:

LOL, leave it to JJax to turn a term into a name!:D

Xeon
02-20-2003, 08:20 PM
I wish they could have come up with a better name for the level. The new level for "Splinter Cell " " Kola Cell "

Resemblance anyone?

l Maximus l
02-21-2003, 02:14 AM
Bring the Content Downloads on...This is sweetness :D

BCan
02-25-2003, 06:19 AM
The reference to OXM in that article was almost exclusively to mean Australian OXM readers, since we do not have a confirmed release time for the release of XBL here. Do not read into it as meaning all OXM's will have this level on them.

Read and Comprehend, then speak....

Kortiz
02-27-2003, 08:18 AM
pics are prob a lil distorted.....so dat why they look a lil fugly.

not bad though is there a way to get it early even if i dont have bb and xbl? like if i hooked it up to some foo with xbl/bb?

Duke
02-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Bring the Content Downloads on...This is sweetness :D

I agree, I just wonder when we'll have to start paying for them..........