PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and mouse or controller??

:X:._D_O_A_.:X:
02-19-2003, 04:52 PM
Recently there have been loads of PC ports to the xbox. What do u think is more comfortable and easier to use, for a 3D shooter the controller or keyboard? Personally, i'd go with the keyboard. i bought Unreal 2 last week and it pplays supremely. i doubt the PC port will go down well with the controller...

c--b
02-21-2003, 12:45 AM
If I had a choice to use either a keyboard/mouse or a controller for a FPS, I would most definatly choose a keyboard/mouse. However if I need to, I can play on par with anyone else using a controller.

Just a thought, if there ever was an X-box game that used a Keyboard/Mouse combo as well as a Controller for online play, it would be a huge disaster. The Keyboard/Mouse players would kick ass, and give people with the money to buy them a huge (And unfair) advantage. Sorta like the MotoGp demo on live.

[oXo]
02-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Keyboard and mouse is the best for FPS but in Splinter Cell the analog thumbsticks that control how fast you are walking/running is still better than the wheel control of the mouse IMO.

c--b
02-21-2003, 04:12 PM
I completly and utterly agree, I played the Splinter Cell PC demo at a freinds house one day...It was horrible, it just didnt work out.

Exatox
02-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Controller is nice for pressure sensitivity and analog controls and all that, but keyboard and mouse is way better for shooters. Can't get any more accurate than using my dual-opti logitech:D

[oXo]
02-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Well you could try the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 USB/PS2.
I have 1 of these babies and it is the best mouse I've ever had. The sucka has 6000 fps:p

I'm not a big fan of mouse with batteries in 'em....

....not to get off topic at all LOL

c--b
02-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Screw it, let the topic fly where it wishes. What kind of conversation only stays on one topic? Besides, its about Mice :P

I too have an Intellimouse Explorer, and the cordless one(whatever anyone says, dont buy the cordless one). The Intellimouse Explorer is the best mouse I've ever had, just so perfect.

On the other hand, the cordless version....It wastes batterys, my sister changes them every week or so. Its totally inaccurate in games (And in the OS) it you try and move it horizontally, it goes in a slightly vertical/horizontal line! I makes aiming in FPS impossible! As well as using imaging programs and anything else that requires the mouse to go in a straight line (It jerks around while it move too). Oh yeah, lets say you're typing in a FPS and a guy runs around a corner. You try and aim, but cant because it hasnt turned back on yet! Thats the battery saving feature at work for yah :rolleyes:

What a hunk of crap...

[oXo]
02-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Thankfully mine has a cord.....hard to beat constant accuracy;)