PDA

View Full Version : Audio Soundtrack

supersoul76
11-28-2001, 03:52 PM
Anyone figured out how to make a soundtrack out of burned cd's yet??

leecow
11-28-2001, 04:02 PM
It's extremely simple. From memory (sorry for any errors in the order or prompt names):

Throw in a CD
Head for the music section of the Dashboard
Choose"Record" (or copy ... can't remember)
Select the tracks you want to rip
Choose "Copy"
You'll be prompted to create a new or select an existing soundtrack.
Watch the status bar

I imagine each game will deal with custom soundtracks in a different manner. In PGR you use the Music Manager and the process is pretty clearly doc'd in the manual.

l Maximus l
11-28-2001, 04:08 PM
Exactly...Shove in a CD and select the Music or Soundtracks option from your control pannel.

I would strongly recommend listening to each track for a few seconds to confirm which ones you want to copy...when you know which ones you want to be copied on your hard-drive, go back to the copy section and select which tracks you want. You can rename the tracks after they are copied if you like instead of them just being "Track 1, Track 2", etc...

While playing on the games, PGR has a Music Manager just as leecow stated. Just select your soundtrack and turn off the others if you only want to listen to your music. You can keep their music and have your music play as well if you like the game's songs.

I also have Amped Freestyle Snowboarding. On this game, simply go to the Soundtracks option and choose which soundtrack you want after you have selected your new career mode. It's simple..enjoy :D

LynxFX
11-28-2001, 05:56 PM
I think he is talking about making CDRs work, not the actualy process of creating a soundtrack.

CDRW's work fine as long as you have a 2 second gap between tracks.

Expensive silver CDRs work as well. Not memorex, not pacific digital, or Imation. (those are what I own and tried) I think someone confirmed Pinco CDRs work. Same 2 second gap applies or it can only read one track.

If I were you I would just purchase one or two CDRWs. I haven't found a single one that didn't work yet and then just copy any music CDRs you have created to the CDRWs and just erase and repeat.

Happy gaming w/ custom soundtracks. Happy generic ingame music PS/2 and GC gamers. :)

supersoul76
11-30-2001, 03:23 PM
Thanks Lynxfx!! You answered my question...:D