PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs. Predator: Extinction announced

Casper
02-20-2003, 08:49 AM
Though their past effort at a console game starring the eponymous movie monsters failed, EA and Fox Interactive are having another go at an Aliens Versus Predator game for PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction, coming this summer, allows players to take on the role of humans, Predators, or Aliens in the violent crossover action made familiar by past AvP creations.
Extinction is described as a tactical strategy game, where the player commands one of the three species vying for control of the colony planet LV-742. Human players control squads of Marines using advanced weaponry and teamwork to protect their fellow colonists. Predators use more individualized units, equipped with stealth capabilities and unusual hunting weapons. Aliens, of course, have relatively uniform equipment (fangs, claws, etc.), but can attack in large numbers and impregnate their enemies to swell their ranks.

While the familiar movies form the basis of the game, its developers at Zono, Inc. are creating new units and weapons to broaden the options available to the player -- Alien Carriers, Predator Hydras, and Marine Snipers. Look forward to more details as the game takes shape later in the year.

linky (http://gamers.com/news/1319372)

Unfortunately, I haven't found any screens for this game, but it does sound interesting. And being that EA has their hands on it....anyone wanna bet that it won't be on XBL? :rolleyes:

RudedogX
02-20-2003, 09:00 AM
This would have been a good game on Live!:(

Hitman101
02-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Wait a second...............Aren't the Alien Vs. Predator video games owned buy Fox Interactive ?????:cool:

Casper
02-20-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Wait a second...............Aren't the Alien Vs. Predator video games owned buy Fox Interactive ?????:cool:

Wait a minute....didn't I just put the article right there for you?

Though their past effort at a console game starring the eponymous movie monsters failed, EA and Fox Interactive are having another go at an Aliens Versus Predator game for PlayStation 2 and Xbox.

:rolleyes:

JJaX
02-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Sweet, ive been dying for a AvP gameā€¦

I have the arcade game, and I played the PC demo (wasn't really impressed)

Please let this be a good game.