PDA

View Full Version : just got morrinowind and have question



TkAY
02-21-2003, 11:03 PM
ok i just got morrowind i started it and made my own skills
now i just did this to play around and get used to the stuff
i did like 2quests i think one with killing rats and some other one for the main quest anyways i wanted to start playing this game for real
what should my class be and my minor major skills? i dont know which are best can some1 tell me there fav or recomend me to start off with some good ones,
i dont want the hardest to use because i just started and i dont want the lame ones i just want the best setup thx

Dulacc
02-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by TkAY
ok i just got morrowind i started it and made my own skills
now i just did this to play around and get used to the stuff
i did like 2quests i think one with killing rats and some other one for the main quest anyways i wanted to start playing this game for real
what should my class be and my minor major skills? i dont know which are best can some1 tell me there fav or recomend me to start off with some good ones,
i dont want the hardest to use because i just started and i dont want the lame ones i just want the best setup thx

It really depends on the type of character you want, but I do have a few suggestions:

1) Every skill has a governing attribute(Strength, Agility, Intelligence, etc).Make sure each of your attributes is represented in your major/minor skills. This will make it easier to build up those attributes.

2) Choose at least 1 armor and 1 weapon skill as a major/minor skill. That way you'll start off with a better ability to strike monsters and protect yourself.

3) Don't make athletics, acrobatics, or mercantilism major/minor skills. Because you use these skills frequently, they will build up fast enough on their own. If they are major/minor skills, you may gain levels too fast, and your character will become underdeveloped for the tougher monsters.

Personally, I would suggest Light Armor and Long Blade as your armor/weapon skills.

TheCovenant
02-22-2003, 07:34 PM
light armor?!?!?!

medium armor is what i would go with, and long blades don't allow you to hold a shield......i say go with a short but magic blade.....

Dulacc
02-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
light armor?!?!?!

medium armor is what i would go with, and long blades don't allow you to hold a shield......i say go with a short but magic blade.....

1) Light armor is easier to get
2) Since it weighs less, you can carry more stuff
3) The top light armor in the game is just as good as any other top armor, AND it weighs less

As for the long blade, there are tons of long blades that are 1-handed so you can use a shield. I personally went with a daedric katana, but there's also the daedric long sword.

Kraft
02-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Dulacc

3) Don't make athletics, acrobatics, or mercantilism major/minor skills. Because you use these skills frequently, they will build up fast enough on their own. If they are major/minor skills, you may gain levels too fast, and your character will become underdeveloped for the tougher monsters.


Hmm... I would disagree with you here. After playing Morrowind for quite some time I started a new character for the sole purpose of seeing how fast I could build him up. After a while I found a neat little loophole that would fill my pockets with money:

Make merchantilism and speechcraft two of your major skills and pick personality as one of your major traits. Start trading stuff as much as you can. Also keep talking to lots of people to build up your speechcraft. Pretty soon you can do some pretty cool things, like buy something from a shop owner, and immediately sell it back to him for a profit. You don't even have to leave the room or anything to do it, he'll buy it right back.

Once you hit this point the game is a breeze. With a neverending money supply you don't have to work for skill levels, you can just buy them.

xboxman_1
02-25-2003, 10:39 PM
medium armor is what i would go with

I dont think you should ever go with medium armor....glass armor and a lvl 100 light armor level is just as good as the best medium armor, and it weighs less. Only ever go with light or heavy. Most like heavy because it gives you a higher armor rating...with lvl 100 you can get really high armor levels...way higher than with light or medium, but it weighs a ton.

Tkay, I'm the one who kind of helped you get the game. Make sure that one armor and at least long blade are in your major or minor skills. I also like marksmanship...because then you get to shoot arrows well...and thats always fun. I really dont recommend any magic as a major/minor skill, considering you can just enchant things to do everything for you.

And what are you talking about TheCovenant???? TONS of long blades allow you to use a shield. And if your sword is good enough, you dont need a shield anyway.

Slayer02
02-27-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
light armor?!?!?!

medium armor is what i would go with, and long blades don't allow you to hold a shield......i say go with a short but magic blade.....
Light armor weighs less, is just as good, plus there is no master trainer for medium armor (is supposed to be on docks in Tel Fyr but isn't there)

Dulacc
03-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Hmm... I would disagree with you here. After playing Morrowind for quite some time I started a new character for the sole purpose of seeing how fast I could build him up. After a while I found a neat little loophole that would fill my pockets with money:

Make merchantilism and speechcraft two of your major skills and pick personality as one of your major traits. Start trading stuff as much as you can. Also keep talking to lots of people to build up your speechcraft. Pretty soon you can do some pretty cool things, like buy something from a shop owner, and immediately sell it back to him for a profit. You don't even have to leave the room or anything to do it, he'll buy it right back.

Once you hit this point the game is a breeze. With a neverending money supply you don't have to work for skill levels, you can just buy them.

I do the buy/sell for profit stuff too, but you don't need to have mercantile as a major/minor skill to do it. My point is, if you pick those skills, and you do the buy/sell for profit, you can level up too quickly and leave your fighting skills underdeveloped while the monsters get tougher.

Kraft
03-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Dulacc
I do the buy/sell for profit stuff too, but you don't need to have mercantile as a major/minor skill to do it. My point is, if you pick those skills, and you do the buy/sell for profit, you can level up too quickly and leave your fighting skills underdeveloped while the monsters get tougher.

This might be true except you can buy skills unbelievably fast with an unlimited source of money. Another tip, when you level up you get multipliers based on the skills you achieved between levels. Focuse on 2 different types of skills between each level up for max multipliers where you need them.

Slayer02
03-06-2003, 02:08 PM
If you want your attributes to go up REAL fast get a ton of cash, and some good trainers. Figure out the three attributes you want to level up, increase your one of your skills by 10 that uses that attribute, do the same for your second attribute, and the same for your third unless it's luck. Then go take a nap, when you wake up you will get the level up message, place one coin to each of the attributes you did the skill thing for, instead of it increasing by 1 it will increase by 5. This is impossible to do for luck that's why high luck at start is always nice.