PDA

View Full Version : Colin Mcrae Rally 3

hachirokku
02-22-2003, 10:53 AM
I've been reading up on this game and I hear that the single player is supposed to be great.

However I've been trying to find out more on the multiplayer aspect. I heard that you can race with up to 4 friends simultaneously, however you won't be able to see each other on each individual screen. Is that true?

Also is there damage in multiplayer mode? The main reason I want this game is mainly for the multiplayer, but if you can't even see or interact with your friends, then I guess I will have to stick w/ Rallisport.

studepaber
02-22-2003, 12:05 PM
First read this thread on the general discussion board......

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32642

And no you can't see your opponents in multiplayer (don't really understand this :( ) So stick with Rallisport if that's what you're looking for in multiplayer.

hachirokku
02-22-2003, 12:13 PM
hey thanks for the reply.

l Maximus l
02-22-2003, 01:16 PM
Expect fast replies here in the Addict :)

Carnage
02-22-2003, 03:53 PM
As far as I know, you compete against your friends time; much like real Rallying.

If there were other cars on the track, it would hinder your time.
Colin Mcrae 3 is going for absolute realism :)

studepaber
02-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Carnage
As far as I know, you compete against your friends time; much like real Rallying.

Which would you rather do though, compete against your friend's time or knock him off a hill into a bunch of trees? :D They could've made an exception for multiplayer.

Carnage
02-22-2003, 05:13 PM
I'll admit, I had a blast doing just that in Rallisport.
But wheres the realism?! :D

shrew king
02-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Carnage

You are right, real Rallying is done with times, not head to head 'racing'. I think it just makes it that much better, I'll have to try the game.

Unreal
02-23-2003, 12:12 PM
I am going to try and rent it later today.

stilly
02-24-2003, 04:03 AM
there are no other cars on the track, it you vs the clock, even in mulitplayer, but believe me, the best rally game out there.