PDA

View Full Version : 2K3 player progression

chili325
02-23-2003, 12:41 PM
I realize that the sports forums would most likely be more suited but also would like a response sometime before next year. I was wondering what type of system the 2k games use to make players better during franchise mode. Do they get better by play time, or just at a set rate? any insight is appreciated

canadianboi3
02-23-2003, 10:58 PM
I don't think they do improve, because my team only changed when I load the roster update. So, I don't know if they even do progress sorry.

Corona
02-24-2003, 02:38 PM
They even get worse! :cool:

Sory i can only speak for NFL 2k3, but i'm sure sega treated all of their sports franchises equally.

The players progress and degress on the "Franchise mode" only, meaning that if you play a regular season, as far as i've seen, nothing happens to the players skill level on yours or any other team no matter how supurb of sucky you perform!

You can always edit your players skill level though, lets say you don't agree with sega's opinion that edgerin james will be down to a 72 rating during the year '04 from his current 88 skill level. :o

CrazyCougar
02-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I've had players go down AND up. My rookies that I draft always seem to progress one way or the other. If I dont see any movement then its time to dump that player on someone else.

As for James being at 72 in '04, no doubt thats probably right seeing as he is afraid to run now. That knee messed with his mind real bad.

canadianboi3
03-01-2003, 02:28 PM
When I played my first season, Isaac Bruce was 92, and Terry Holt was 88 or 89. I would only throw to Bruce, and at the end of the season/start of next Bruce was 86, and Holt was 92??

CrazyCougar
03-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Holt is a lot younger than Bruce. he improves with age. Bruce ont he other hand is getting up there in age and will get slower and worse as time passes. Hence the decline and rise of your 2 players. Throwing to him over and over doesnt mean he's going toAnd get better.

canadianboi3
03-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Oh, ok I see. Thanks. Will they get better because of good stats?

Big Ben
03-12-2003, 04:44 PM
in 2K2 they did. If your player did great in comparison to the rest of the NFL, they would improve more than if they were an average player.

tWoTOMA
03-12-2003, 11:23 PM
I've been playing all the Sega sports games since 2k, and the system is great.

a lot of it has to do with stats. if you play great with a guy, he will go up. simple.

but it also has to do with age. a great rookie year will only bring you up so much, because you could be just a fluke. you have to do it over time. also, despite great stats, older players will tend to go down at 10 years of experience or so.

also each player has a certain range. meaning desmond howard can catch 150 balls if i throw to him every time, but he will probably not go higher than 75 or so. on the other hand, i can hardly ever throw to randy moss, and he will probably never drop under 90. great players will stay at least good, and mediocre palyers will become good at most. in other words, you are not gonna turn a 7th round draft pick into a star.

so its a combo of stats, age, and growth potential. this is true for all games, nfl, nba, wsbb, ncaafb, ncaabb. I know, I have them all. and ill get them all this year too. sega sports are great. the realism is WOW!!:eek: