PDA

View Full Version : Why most people chose XBOX...

DT21
11-28-2001, 10:41 PM
To end all this console war argument, here are reasons why each console is good:

PS2:
1. PS1 did good, so PS2 should...
2. Final Fantasy
3. DVD ready w/out remote
4. Most # of games currently
5. Has the most 3rd pary support

GameCube:
1. Lots of good 1st party games (Zelda, Mario, Metroid...)
2. Very quiet
3. Small
4. Resident Evil
5. GBA as a controller

XBOX:
1. Most powerful system
2. Broadband ready
3. Best DVD playback quality
4. Good 1st party games (Halo, Oddworld...)
5. Hard drive

Each system has good qualities, but most people pick the XBOX because it is a new experience and has lots of good specs to make entirely new types of games(therefore, lots of potential!).

dysrhythmia
11-29-2001, 09:36 AM
Good call....I think you hit the nail on the head. Especially RE for gamecube :D Halo was the reason I bought an xbox, now I'm knee deep in Oddworld.

SACK
11-29-2001, 10:03 AM
I agree.

I got mine because, admit it Microsoft only swallows up the BEST. Look at their PC titles.... Motocross Madness, Age of Empires Series just ROCK! .... then they swallowed up Bungie and FASA.... can't go wrong there either with the Mechwarrior series. I'm still a PC over console person due to Netgaming but for sports, racing and shootem ups (non-quakestyle because the mouse/kb combo will always be better than these controllers) the console kicks the PCs but.

Even my LAN Parties dont get as loud as 2 people kicking each others but in DOA3. :)

My 2 cents.

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DT21
[B]To end all this console war argument, here are reasons why each console is good:

PS2:
1. PS1 did good, so PS2 should... - I agree that PS2 is already doing good. But, you have to admit, it's a little sketchy that Sony already started the first stage of development for the PS3.

2. Final Fantasy - I understand that Final Fantasy 11 is coming out for XBox. That's what I have heard in rumorville thus far.

3. DVD ready w/out remote - This is pretty minor, but, I will give you that one. Personally, I would rather have a remote anyway...my wife wouldn't know what to do with the controller..lol

4. Most # of games currently - Absolutely correct. But, you have to admit, there are atleast 250 games scheduled to come out for XBox within one year...many of which you can find on the PS2 but will be better graphically and in many cases, there will be added levels and a major increase in polygon count. My reasoning is that if you want to get the best version of a certain game title, get the XBox instead.

5. Has the most 3rd pary support - I'm not sure how many 3rd party companies that are making games for Sony, but, I agree that it must be impressive. I do know, however, that Microsoft has a more than 220 3rd party game developers that I am aware of so far.

GameCube:
1. Lots of good 1st party games (Zelda, Mario, Metroid...) - I agree that Nintendo will, most likely, never give up on Zelda, Mario, and Metroid...they are flagship titles practically...especially Mario. I have to seriously admit, Metroid looks absolutely amazing!

2. Very quiet - XBox also purs like a kitten...so, nothing very special here, in my opinion.

3. Small - This has never been a concern for me...but, I agree that it could be an advantage for Nintendo. One thing I don't like about the size and shape of the GameCube is that it probably looks very tacky sitting next to the rest of the electronic appliances on an entertainment stand. The XBox, by contrast, is about the same size as a traditional VCR and is black, therefore, blending in with popular home entertainment appliances. XBox, to me, is a much better size because of this viewpoint.

4. Resident Evil - Quite honestly, I'm not all that disappointed about Resident Evil not being on XBox. That game has already been milked for all it's worth and nothing extraordinarily new has come out of this series for me to water from my mouth. I will admit, it is a very cool series...House of the Dead is extremely close. Also, XBox has Silent Hill 2 which is another great game.

5. GBA as a controller - I never knew about this. I suppose it could be a pretty cool idea..but, I'm not sure what the main purpose is since the GameCube already has controllers. What else could you tell me about this?

XBOX:
1. Most powerful system - I couldn't agree more. It seems to me that experienced gamers versus up and coming gamers will appreciate the power of the XBox console over it's rivals.

2. Broadband ready - This is huge! Especially since you are a PC gamer...I think, because of this fact, that it's safe to assume that you enjoy playing on-line. It's a great value for consumers to have this already built in rather than an upgrade.

3. Best DVD playback quality - I agree...it's pretty solid. It's not the best that's out there, but, for a gaming console to have 16-bit power for it's DVD player, that's pretty cool. Personally, I didn't buy a DVD player since I knew I was going to buy an XBox. This is a great value for someone like myself.

4. Good 1st party games (Halo, Oddworld...) - Also, Amped, NFL Fever, and PGR...I own all of these games. They are amazing titles...I think it's safe to assume that this is just the beginning of some great 1st party titles. It's also noteworthy to mention that XBox also will have exclusive titles like DOA3 because of the console's power.

5. Hard drive - God bless the hard drive! Gamers have been, and will be able to do some amazing things because of this feauture that they never have before. We have already enjoyed ripping our own CD collection so we can listen to our own music on selected games like Amped and PGR...I absolutely love this feature. Also, there is no real need for expansion packs..besides, expansion packs are so small...only 8 mg. In addition, Microsoft and 3rd party companies will be able to offer game upgrades :)

Each system has good qualities, but most people pick the XBOX because it is a new experience and has lots of good specs to make entirely new types of games(therefore, lots of potential!).

I agree, but, not completely. This will come across as being biased towards XBox...but, I suppose you would expect that from an XBoxaddict like myself and because this is an XBox website :D Note my comments above. But, overall, I believe the best value for your dollar is to go with the XBox. It has everything and more than a PS2 for the same price which includes a hard-drive, on-line broadband built in, four controller ports, Bump mapping, anti-alliasing, etc. As compared to the GameCube, the XBox is $100 more, however, it has all of the additions compared to the PS2 plus the XBox is a DVD and CD player which is a value to me because I didn't have one before.