PDA

View Full Version : When did you buy Xbox?

Jupiter
02-24-2003, 02:24 AM
I remember when I bought the first issue of XBM in November and the other mag with it. I also remember buying Xbox for 299.99+6% I was so happy. How about anyone else did they buy Xbox when it first came out? :cool:

Reclaimer
02-24-2003, 04:37 AM
If I remember right, it was the day after it came out. Halo, Project Gotham Racing, and 3 other controllers. It seems so long ago. BTW, over a year of owning an Xbox, and I've had no malfunctions, or dirty disk errors.

Jupiter
02-24-2003, 04:48 AM
Same here. No problems at all. Still love my big green and black beast :)

Ninja Scroll
02-24-2003, 09:33 AM
I bought my Xbox right before Christmas of 2001 along with Dead or Alive 3 & Halo.

Da experience was'nt as exciting as when I was in line for my Sega Dreamcast at Midnight back on 9/9/99 when I also copped Sonic Adventure, NFL2K, Ready 2 Rumble, & Soul Calibur.
But none da less, im happy with my purchase.:)

There is NO Greater Power Than X :cool:

Ya Herrred Me!?

LTM360
02-24-2003, 10:30 AM
I got mine for Christmas of 2001, I got another controller, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x, and Halo. I have never had any problems with my big black box.

DIGITAL
02-24-2003, 10:41 AM
i got mine on November 15 th 2001 ,but i think i paid for it in october ,i rember taking it home an playing DOA3 then Fever i was too scared to play Halo cause it looked so hard but when my little brother got home me an him sat down an playeed some co-op ,what fond memorys:D

Insane Jester
02-24-2003, 10:48 AM
i had pre orded myne from toys r us for some wierd reason lol. day one of u.k release i walked into the store at 11.00am walked stright upto the counter gave them my recipt and was at home playing halo/gotham raching at 11.25am.

and same ive had only 1 ever dirty disc error and it was a rental from blockbusters. never had any trouble at all .

Crazy Joe
02-24-2003, 11:18 AM
nov. 18, 2001.. it was purely a spontaneous purchase, i didn't even know that much about the console. now over a year later i have spent over $3000 CDN on the system, accesories and games for it

ShannonX
02-24-2003, 11:25 AM
i got mine on the day it came out... no problems so far. =)

AlBoogy
02-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
i got mine on the day it came out... no problems so far. =)

Lucky. I bought my first one the first day with replacement plan. A year later it took a dump so I got my second one in late november. That one took a dump and got a third one in Jan. No problems YET.

AlBoogy
02-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I bought my Xbox right before Christmas of 2001 along with Dead or Alive 3 & Halo.

Da experience was'nt as exciting as when I was in line for my Sega Dreamcast at Midnight back on 9/9/99 when I also copped Sonic Adventure, NFL2K, Ready 2 Rumble, & Soul Calibur.
But none da less, im happy with my purchase.:)

There is NO Greater Power Than X :cool:

Ya Herrred Me!?

You couldnt have said it any better. Granted, I was blown away by halo. But not as much when I first popped in NFL2K and Ready 2 Rumble. WOW.

xboxgamer142
02-24-2003, 12:36 PM
I got it for Christmas 2001, about a month after it came out. I got it with Oddworld and Amped. I bought Halo a few months later, after renting it first. The graphics and games were amazing and I knew I would be dedicated to this console for years!

MerimacHamwich
02-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Launch day.

JimmieDoogan
02-24-2003, 12:45 PM
The one I am currently using is a Launch Box, the one I had before it I bought in Febuary of last year, died right after the limited warrantee. The one I have now used to be my sisters, but she gave it to me for my bday (today) with all her games both because she never plays and because mine broke and I'm too broke to get a new one. ROCK ON SIS!!!

Ninja Scroll
02-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
You couldnt have said it any better. Granted, I was blown away by halo. But not as much when I first popped in NFL2K and Ready 2 Rumble. WOW.

Dont forget Soul Calibur, I was up until 7am da next day playing it until my eyes started bleeding!:eek: :o :eek:

l Maximus l
02-24-2003, 02:55 PM
I got mine on Launch day after spending 14 hours of camping overnight just so I could be first in line to get one :D I bought Halo and PGR one week before the launch. I bought Amped one week after launch.

I still play Halo practically every other day...and Amped I play atleast once a week. PGR...well, I haven't touched it in several months.

SiGuy
02-24-2003, 03:07 PM
last November along with halo and I havent put it down since

MixMasta
02-24-2003, 03:11 PM
from the beggining, and i will be with it till the end!

GO X GO X GO X!!! w00t!:)

Xbox Owner
02-24-2003, 03:34 PM

6am.

CrazyCougar
02-24-2003, 04:29 PM
March of 2002. I finally played enough of my PS2 and gave it to my son. Went out and got the Xbox and the first game I had was Rallisport Challenge. I dont care for Halo at all so it never entered my Xbox until my brother brought it over to play. I think I have played Halo twice total in my Xbox life...LOL..No thanks, I'll take the sports games.

OuFtb
02-24-2003, 05:36 PM
I got mine for Christmas, the first Christmas it was out. I payed the full 300$(I think it was that much) how much it was when it came out.I got Fever 02 and PGR with it and then a week later get Halo.

CrazyCougar, You said you would take sports over Halo, for me it would depend on the sport, The best sports game out I think is NCAA Football 03 (EA), thats the only one that would come close. I also recomend it to anyone how hasn't already played it, its great.

ARONO129
02-24-2003, 05:44 PM
I bought mine one week after launch and could not believe the graphics when I popped in Fever '02. I've been hooked ever since.

The game I'm playing the most right now is Madden '03. It's going to be tough to decide next tiime between Fever, NFL 2K4 or Madden.

I remember paying $525 CDN for the console alone. Ouch. painful but worth it. Anyone here see any pics of Xbox Lite yet?

Snoopy7548
02-24-2003, 07:31 PM
i preordered mine in like february of 2001. i was going to babbages to buy a ps2 (cause i got a lot of money and stuff for christmas). so i went down to the mall, and they were sold out everywhere. so i asked the guy when he would get some more in, and he said not to bother with it, and he told me about the xbox (i already knew about the xbox, i just didnt think it was good, i thought that it was stupid, lol). he told me about all the cool things (like the harddrive and stuff). so i preordered the xbox.

then on nov 15th, my mom picked me up from school and we went down and i got my xbox, i also bought halo, doa3, and an extra controller. so as we're walking out, i saw that i still had like 60 bucks left. so we go to toys r us (its like 1 minute away from the mall), and i bought project gotham. and when i got home i hooked it up and i think the first game i played was doa3, and i was like oooooh man these graphics are cool. lol. then i played project gotham, then i played halo. and i played halo until like 10 at night (cause it was a school night). lol. but i played my xbox like all weekend.

haha. and the next day. in my website design class, some loser kid was looking at xbox.com, and he was checking out the xbox. and then he went to some website, i dont know what it was. and he was talking to the teacher. and he was like "yea, so the xbox looks really cool. it says that you can install like MS Office on it and use programs." lol i just laughed and didnt say anything.

Highlite23
02-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Launch day with Halo and Project Gotham Racing.:)

DZNUTZ
02-25-2003, 12:42 PM
launch day..with halo, madden and .....someother game...i can't remember.

Seawolf X
02-25-2003, 02:19 PM
I got mine a month or so before christmas 2002 and set it up i got those two sega sports titles that came with it and played those only alittle bit. I got and played new games for christmas morning. I got 8 or 10 xbox games total or something like that. I don't feel like listing them.

Mahlon
02-26-2003, 10:51 AM
Got mine in February of '02. The only other video game I'd owned was Pong, but I'd caught the media coverage of the launch. I went to a couple of web sites that said if you could only get one Xbox game to show off the box get Halo. Logged off, drove to Wal Mart, and got both. Never a regret.

Stormlord
02-28-2003, 09:14 PM
I got my Xbox on launch day with Munch's Odyssee and Halo. I woke up at 3 a.m., skipped school and I was number 3 at Target. Man I felt sorry for the dude being criticised by his PS2 fanboy friends. LMAO They were talking smack on a system they didn't even play yet. But he took Halo and DOA3 and I bet the laughing stopped when they saw the Xbox in action. :D :cool: :)

BCan
03-01-2003, 01:35 AM
I got mine the day that they dropped price here in Australia. I had never really wanted a console, but when I heard the XBOX was dropping in price, I thought I might look over what it had to offer, dropped into a few sites, read up about it a little. Also read a few PC games mags, which were dabbling in mentioning the PC-like XBOX in their mag as well.

Pre-ordered it, to be picked up about a day or two after the price drop was made, along with PGR. It became a very good buddy when I had my knee reconstruction about 11 weeks ago, Sam Fischer was also a good friend then too!!

Master Gracey
03-01-2003, 03:25 AM
Um... the Xbox I use is my brother's. No point in having two in the house. :D I may get one as soon as I find a good job and move out, but I really need a new car (a Mini), I also want to save up for a Vespa and donate some money to the orgs I subscribe to.

I pay the cost of 3 Xboxes a month just for health insurance, car insurance, and student loan payment, and am currently unemployed. Ouch! :(

Cloud Strife
03-01-2003, 07:18 AM
I got my Xbox at 8:00 am at EB on 11/15/01. I preoordered on Sept. 1, 2001, the day preoroders started. I also was the first in line to pick up my Xbox. I can remember myself walking arounf the mall carrying around my Xbox down the stairs. My arm was very tired after that walk carrying my Xbox.

Unreal
03-01-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Jupiter
I remember when I bought the first issue of XBM in November and the other mag with it. I also remember buying Xbox for 299.99+6% I was so happy. How about anyone else did they buy Xbox when it first came out? :cool:
I preordered my Xbox 6 months ahead of time. I picked it up on day one with 4 games (Halo, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, Dead Or Alive 3, and Project Gotham Racing), and the DVD kit.

wbio
03-01-2003, 12:52 PM
I got mine for Christmas along with NFL Fever 2002.

sandeep
03-01-2003, 02:01 PM
i didn't get mine until early november 2002. first game i bought was tony hawk 4.

since then i've wasted a good 1000 bucks on mine, but i'm still having a blast doing so ;)

xbl live kit, nhl 2k3, mechassault, ssx tricky, motogp, halo, segagt/jsrf, 2 s-controllers, 1 original controller and the dvd kit.

the xbox is a huge money drain, but boy is it fun.

CharlieHustle
03-01-2003, 07:41 PM
I bought mine that weekend after it was first released. I thought i had no chance to get one, but those dummies who reserved it didnt pick it up and i just came in with cash. Anyways i had only ONE dirty disk error and no other problems. I currently have 5 games in my library and soon to be 6 when wsb drops. I had bought 20 since i had the xbox. and i have live. The 375 bones i spent for the box and halo has more than proved its worth with me.

killerclint
03-01-2003, 08:59 PM
i bought mine about 2 weeks before the first price drop,paid about $675 Canadian for it with Halo,,,lucky i got it at Wal-mart so i took mine back after the price drop and got $175 refund back and kept my same X-box with all my saves,,i thought it was worth every penny when i paid $675 for it and i still do.

Wolf
03-01-2003, 11:27 PM
i got mine when it first came out.

Masta Ace
03-02-2003, 09:09 AM
I bought my Xbox on launch day.

bob808
03-02-2003, 11:04 AM
My x-girlfriend bought it for me on the day of xbox launch, along with Halo. Best present ever from a girlfriend!
I now have 27 games. Have had dirty disk errors on Morrowind and Turok but no other problems.

WynnFire
03-03-2003, 04:23 AM
Ahh, got mine 3 days before Christmas 2001. It came bundled with and extra controller, NFL Fever 2002, and Oddworld. In Mid November I had already bought Halo and Amped. I read those manuals over and over and over in anticipation. I still have the Xbox box plus every OXM issue and Disk that have come out.

stilly
03-03-2003, 04:48 AM
got mine march 14 last year, also picked halo and pgr up aswell. had 2 days off work, to play the beast. getting loads of dirty disc errors, and have had call service message pop up 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

Gotenks7233
03-04-2003, 11:47 AM
I've had 3 xboxs so far. My first one was defective and had to get it replaced. Then two months later a disk got stuck in my new one. the people at best buy had to rip my poor xbox apart to get it out. Its a good thing i had a warrenty. Now i am praying this one lasts longer than a few months