PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox Will Do Even More!!!

ARONO129
02-26-2003, 06:49 AM
Here's the link:

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2003/02/24/story2.html

CrazyCougar
02-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Oh goody, windows on the xbox now too. BAH!!!! Thats a bunch of crap! Just make the xbox more powerful, we dont need media player or other windows programs on there. Thats what a PC is for. Geeeeeez! And they beter not update my current Xbox with that crap. All I can say is we better have a choice ot download the update or not.

SiGuy
02-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Oh goody, windows on the xbox now too. BAH!!!! Thats a bunch of crap! Just make the xbox more powerful, we dont need media player or other windows programs on there. Thats what a PC is for. Geeeeeez! And they beter not update my current Xbox with that crap. All I can say is we better have a choice ot download the update or not.
well put. The xbox doesnt need all this ****. It was intended as a gaming console not a second computer. Just make it more powerful and maybe enhance the graphics (if at all possible) and everyone will be happy

JJaX
02-26-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA

Id love a media player on my box. You know how much HD space i could save if i could burn all my Mpegs and movies to Disc. At least 10 Gigs...

I know id rather watch movies sitting at my computer.

*assuming the "media player" will examine CDR and CDR-ws for certain video formats. But im sure a simple burning tool or method would resolve any issues MS tries to toss in the mix.

LynxFX
02-26-2003, 11:18 AM
More features, the better. Bring em all on. This is one reason why people mod their consoles....to do more things with it. As long as this doesn't make the Xbox cost more than the competitors then they can put anything they want in it. Just as long as the next Xbox continues to stay superior to Sony and Nintendo whom will be looking to do similar things with their next gen.

net44
02-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Digital Media Recorder? kickass! It just better have a **** load of GB's on there. right now there are 200 GBer'. in 2005? 500GB?

shrew king
02-26-2003, 07:47 PM
This is just going to make the price go even higher, hopefully they will have a console version of this 'thing' they want to create.

Xbox Owner
02-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Blah.. I don't think that they'll raise the price more than 50$.. especially if the economy is still down whenever it's released.

But I agree with Lynxfx, more features, the better.

ScorpionX
02-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Sounds like a nice idea.

The Xbox-Linux team sent a letter to Microsoft asking them for permission to legally put Linux on the XBox I think that is a great idea ;)

net44
02-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Did you hear of any response? I haven't been to that site in a while

ShannonX
02-26-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
More features, the better. Bring em all on. This is one reason why people mod their consoles....to do more things with it. As long as this doesn't make the Xbox cost more than the competitors then they can put anything they want in it. Just as long as the next Xbox continues to stay superior to Sony and Nintendo whom will be looking to do similar things with their next gen.

i'm sure MS will be taking a HUGE loss on their next console. They will be trying to get as much power as they can becuase you know that sony and nintendo are going to copy what ms did with the xbox (harddrive, etc...)

NINE BREAKER
02-27-2003, 02:09 AM
Yeah, you know every console from here on out is going to have a HD like tha box, just like every console is going to be backward compatible like the pos2. It would just be stupid not to. As for the Media recorder, that would be cool, but as long as it still has the best graphics, games, and the live service is still superior, I don't give a s4!t, I'm in!

CrazyCougar
02-27-2003, 09:10 AM
Well count me out of the next generation. I get eonough of Windows on my PC. I dont need that aggravation on my Xbox which is meant to fun and relaxing. BAH Microsoft! Always trying to put their product everywhere. Its a freaking monopoly. Gawd I hate Microsoft the company!

Snoopy7548
02-27-2003, 03:21 PM
if u have a modchip, u can watch movies on your xbox. like avi, mpeg, divx, vcd, etc.