PDA

View Full Version : Inside Pitch 2003!

Xbox Owner
02-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Looks like MS is making a baseball sim, like NFL Fever/NBA ID, and this looks really nice so far. It comes out on May 15th, this year. And it seriously does look good, and Xbox Live! Graphics look amazing (for a baseball game anywho..) Check it out here..

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2911626,00.html

I'll rent it considering MS doesn't make the best games. (Although I'd prefer NBA ID over any basketball game, well maybe a tie w/ NBA Live 2003.)

But.. since Xbox doesn't have a exclusive Baseball game, this is good.

carlbme
02-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Considering that it's on Live i'm seriously thinking of getting this one.

Buccaneer21
02-26-2003, 10:32 PM
The only drawbacks seem to be no franchise mode and it doesn't keep track of your career statistics, but who really plays more than one season in baseball games?:cool:

VenoM
02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
this will be the one i will be getting just cause it has online play......i have no idea why sega decided to cut the live play on there next wsb game...that was a dumb move sega and which is why i'll be buying inside pitch now instead...are they gonna cut the live play on there next nfl and nhl games now too??:confused:

Xbox Owner
02-27-2003, 02:59 PM
GS: What kind of tech features are going to be included?

RR: Our audio will be Dolby 5.1, and we will also provide play and content download on Xbox Live. In addition, players can use their ripped audio as integrated stadium music so that they choose what music plays during games. Players will be able to select where a track begins so that their music is cued up automatically within the game. We truly believe that Xbox owners will need to look no further than Inside Pitch 2003 for their baseball fix.

DAMN!!

Casper
02-27-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
GS: What kind of tech features are going to be included?

RR: Our audio will be Dolby 5.1, and we will also provide play and content download on Xbox Live. In addition, players can use their ripped audio as integrated stadium music so that they choose what music plays during games. Players will be able to select where a track begins so that their music is cued up automatically within the game. We truly believe that Xbox owners will need to look no further than Inside Pitch 2003 for their baseball fix.

DAMN!!

NICE :eek: Now I can setup all the intros for the Yankees, being that I know them all, especially Rivera - Enter Sandman and Jeter - Like Woah (that's DZ's fav track :D )

CrazyCougar
02-27-2003, 05:08 PM
There is no doubt in my mind this will be a watered down version of baseball. I will be getting High Heat or WSB 2k3. They will both have downloadable rosters and guaranteed much better gameplay. M$ didnt have a very good baseball title on the PC and I am expecting this to follow suit.

canadianboi3
03-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Is it just me, or does the picture of the ball in picture #1 look like a glass ball?

Big Ben
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
There's still no official word from EA on whether Live! will be incorporated into MVP... From what I can tell, it's unlikely, but I still haven't seen anything that says it's definitely not there.

50/50
03-27-2003, 03:21 PM
I guess I am a bit jadded by WSB2k3 - It just seems like a better all around game. Looking at the movies and pictures of Inside Pitch, well, the player models must have been created by the same group who attended the "EA school of players with oversized bodies" and "How to create cartoon features on real people class." I mean, I am sure you have seen the size of the hands on those player models? Holy crap, and I thought the gloves were too big in WSB? The guys in this WBOX title should be able to Gold Glove every year, with or without the use of a glove. And the videos only prove the fact that this title is a bit weak. Good graphical representation of the stadiums, (Only saw Fenway) but the player animations and the sound of the ball hitting the bat reminded me of Brett Saberhagen baseball on the Sega Genesis. In the words of Bill Walton, " Horrrriblllle ". This one will disappoint many as did the NFL Fever series so far. Great titles in theory, but the in house sports games need to be rethought for XBOX. If the ending numbers for all baseball titles will be -
#1 WSB2k3
#2 ASB2004
#3 MVP Baseball 2003
#4 High Heat 2004
#5 MLB Slugfest 2004
6# Inside Pitch Baseball 2004

ImmortalTech
03-28-2003, 12:59 PM
has anybody played it yet it looks good