PDA

View Full Version : The 360

leecow
11-29-2001, 12:39 PM
I've seen a couple of "how to" requests and one poorly written answer that didn't make much sense - thought a dedicated thread might yield something useful.

Musings for a left handed 360 (Nascar fan ya know ... don't do right very well :rolleyes: ). I haven't pulled this off successfully yet but seem to be getting close (in my head anyway). In thinking about the physics weight transfer and grip, I think the following might work :confused: Note: Car type shouldn't matter since the maneuver doesn't rely on which end of the car is applying power to the pavement.

1) Get off the gas and tag the hand break and turn left just enough to start the slide.
2) After the @$$ end has unloaded and starts to kick around get off the hand brake.
3) When the car passes the 90° mark steer into the slide (opposite direction from the desired rotation direction). Any earlier and there will still be enough momentum on the nose that the nose will probably snap back to the right.
4) Since you're no longer on the gas or brakes this should allow the nose to roll pretty freely through about 180°.
5) After the nose passes 180° reverse the wheels to continue steering into the rotation. IE, if you started a left hand 360 and steered right in step #3 you'll need to steer right at this point.
6) When the nose passes 270°, mash the gas and steer out of the spin.

Whaddy'all think?

Msterrrr
11-29-2001, 02:16 PM
sounds like you have had some first hand experince,,

:cool:
i havent been able to pull it off in the game but i just got the vette which doesnt handle very well put it on a wet surface maybe that will do it
btw did you see my screenshot
i took with my dig camera,, lol jumped clear over that car i had to take pics!!

SciFi
11-29-2001, 02:25 PM
is this for PGR, Nascar, or both?

leecow
11-29-2001, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SciFi
is this for PGR, Nascar, or both?

PGR ... last Cup car I was in didn't have a hand brake and they keep waving that silly black flag when I try this down the front stretch ;)

SciFi
12-02-2001, 03:36 AM
any recomended speed/car for he 360???

leecow
12-02-2001, 11:58 AM
Disclaimer: My musings are not based on successfully completing a 360 in the game .. yet. Never thought a game would be more difficult that the real deal :D

It shouldn't matter once you get the move down. That said, when you're pulling out of the spin, a rear wheel drive car with decent horsepower would help swing the back around since you can to a certain extent, steer with the the throttle.

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 02:43 PM
I wonder if the 360 spin would be easier if we used one of the steering wheels instead of the controller? Hmmm....I can't pull one off successfully either, quite yet.

This game is so addicting...The last time I played, I played for 6 hours and thought I was only playing for about 2!! lol..where in the hell did my day go!?!?!? :D