View Full Version : VEXX or INDI JONES?

DOOM
02-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Which Game Do You Guy's Think I Should Take Home:
JONES or VEXX?
Thanks...;)

shrew king
02-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Jones is pretty fun, but I haven't played Vexx. I think Indiana Jones comes with a free copy of Jedi Starfighter too.

CrazyCougar
02-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Vexx is a downright fun game. Large and lots of collectibles. Its a great platformer for the Xbox. I havent played Indy but I am sure it could be fun too. But I highly recommend Vexx.

Knight
02-27-2003, 09:40 AM
Get Indy it's alot like Buffy. If you don't have Buffy I would get it(EB it's $25 for a new copy) and maybe less at a costco!?

Duke
02-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Indy I can defintely say is a fun game, but I've only played the demo of Vexx.

I hated it, but everyone who has played the full version (mostly) agrees that the demo sucked and there's a lot more to it than OXM gave us.

xboxgamer142
02-27-2003, 12:44 PM
Try playing both demos on the new OXM disc. I would suggest Indy. However, I think that shrew king is wrong, because Indy doesn't come with a free copy of Jedi Starfighter. That would just be TOO GOOD.

FuNkY mOnK
02-27-2003, 08:49 PM
You own the damn store bring them both home, whats the matter with you. either way they're both good games.

chili325
02-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
You own the damn store bring them both home, whats the matter with you. either way they're both good games. that made me laugh

shrew king
02-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142
Try playing both demos on the new OXM disc. I would suggest Indy. However, I think that shrew king is wrong, because Indy doesn't come with a free copy of Jedi Starfighter. That would just be TOO GOOD.

Check out the thread that is stickied in the General Discussion Forum, I am not sure when the deal ends, but there was/is a deal where you get Jedi Starfighter with Indy.

I can't remember the name of the thread, but it is Lynx's thread where he tells about the deals.

Cloud Strife
03-01-2003, 07:44 AM
Neither. Their both terrible games. I'd wait to buy Rent A Hero No. 1 or Murakumo: Mech Hunter

Kraft
03-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Neither. Their both terrible games. I'd wait to buy Rent A Hero No. 1 or Murakumo: Mech Hunter

I'd be holding my breath on if we ever see the release of Rent A Hero outside of Dreamcast. With Sega being bought out by Sammy there is a good chance that allocation of development was shuffled around.

Also, why is it that the bigger the mechs are, the less gameplay there is involved? I don't understand your big fetish with japanese games, as I thought you were someone who cared about storylines and it is pretty hard to get the storyline from something when it is all in japanese. The only japanese games I have even bothered with are ones that require no reading, like Ikaruga.

Doom, I've heard mixed reviews either way. Personally I'd pick up Indiana Jones because... well... come on, it's Indiana freakin Jones! I remember when those movies first came out and when I played the Tengen version of it on my NES... what a great movie license.

Highlite23
03-01-2003, 12:08 PM
Both great games IMO, but i have to chime in with Funky.........Your the big kahuna in your own store snag 'em both for a few days.:D

And as much as i try to ignore Burning Ranger, I just can't anymore........BR, your a follower, a lemming, I just won a PS2, so now i'm covered on all ends.

I bought Kingdom Hearts cause it interested me since release, and i also got Xeonosaga.

KH isn't bad, Xeonosaga............well, another turn based fighting fantasy game like so many others. That went back, and was replaced by Dark Cloud 2. Still giving it a chance but I can see why you like it....one long cut scene after another, I actually nodded off a couple of times waiting for the game to start.

I would rather PLAY a game than watch never ending CUT SCENES.

I at least play a game before commenting, did you paly anything besides the demo concerning these 2 games??

:rolleyes:

DOOM
03-02-2003, 07:47 PM
OK Guys, Thanks a Lot!!!!
I Have A Copy Of Each Here In My Hands & I Think I Will Be Cracking Open INDY JONES!!! I Was Hoping Someone Would Bring In A Used Copy Of Either At My Shop But that Didnt Happen... Oh Well...
Thanks Again Guys!!!
:)

FuNkY mOnK
03-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Enjoy :)

Liteweight
03-12-2003, 11:15 PM
I just bought a copy of vexx and am not a big platform type player but htis game is excellent the play is good graphics tight and sounds better than most. I also have IJ but have not played it because i am busy playing vexx but i agreewith evryone else snag them both i don't think you will be disappointed.