PDA

View Full Version : wats the freaking deal with the dvd kits.

batman46st
11-29-2001, 12:48 PM
**** dudes i have since the launch of xbox been looking for a dvd kit real bad...... ive looked everywhere bestbuy,toysrus,circuitcity,egb,kbtoys n my local gaming stores thats about 15 of them..........

n its really in the present time the only thing i want right now...
so far i got nfl fever,nba live 2002,halo,munch, (present time)
i just wish i had my dvd kit. n a shiiiiiiisz load of other games i want. so gates if your reading this send some more dvd kits for xbox out please i needdddds my kit.....;) thank you

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting patiently for mine, too. But, I figure that I have waited over 2 years for XBox...what's a few more weeks just so I can watch movies? Atleast the games will keep me occupied! Atleast!!!!!!! lol

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 01:14 PM
:eek: Maximus I'll be over around 3! :eek:

terrapin
11-29-2001, 02:07 PM
I've been searching around the web for the next ship date to get an idea when the stores might have them available. Here's what I came up with. Amazon's website says they have it available. Gamestop has it shipping 1/2/2002 (*OUCH*).

I guess I am lucky. I walked into Best Buy a week ago and they had about 25 available. So I snatched one up.

LynxFX
11-29-2001, 02:28 PM
Too bad you weren't in the Denver area. Every store I go in has at least 5. Of course none have actual Xboxes. I haven't seen one on the shelves....well....ever. :) I managed to get mine from 'the back' before they got them to the shelves if they ever made it that far.

mojo__31
11-29-2001, 02:28 PM
hmm, the DVD kit is in stock in almost every store around here.

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 03:13 PM
I keep hearing that it is everywhere, too. I'm just waiting until it comes out at the Electronics store that I work for part-time...I get a discount :) It's only 10%, but, some days I get 20%...hey, everything adds up after a while!

batman46st
11-29-2001, 03:19 PM
well my local kb said they get a shipment next friday and this store called new line games gets a shipment next fri as well so i asked how many there expecting they said about 2 cases at kb n one case at new line games soim kind of a lil relieved im just an impatient basterd i still cant get over how calmly i waited for the xbox.........:cool:

Koolice98
11-29-2001, 03:23 PM
just got mine today, just 10 minutes ago, just walked in to my local Best Buy and there were 25 of them or more, all the stores in my area got shipments today, and to think i almost spent 60.00 bucks for one at ebay, don't buy them from ebay, just wait a week or two and you'll get one

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Koolice98
just got mine today, just 10 minutes ago, just walked in to my local Best Buy and there were 25 of them or more, all the stores in my area got shipments today, and to think i almost spent 60.00 bucks for one at ebay, don't buy them from ebay, just wait a week or two and you'll get one

Nice, Koolice...I'm going to call Best Buy and if they have one, I will pick one up today on my way home from work :D Thanks, pal!

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 03:39 PM
Maximus... Why would you want another one?? OH silly me! *smacks head* your giving it to me,,, sorry im so stupid :D
Thanks though pal!

GokuX
11-30-2001, 09:14 AM
Hmm, I go tmy DVD kit on launch day, of course a friend and I had to drive an for an hour after getting the X-Box at one store. I believe we were on the road until like 3 am that night but it was worth it though, Episode One looks fantastic on the X-Box.

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 10:31 AM
Well, folks...I got my DVD playback kit :D One thing I really like about it versus the PoS2's DVD playback kit is that the XBox remote doesn't look the XBox controller. In other words, it doesn't have A, B, X, Y buttons...the PoS2 remote actually has the infamous triangle, square, circle, and X on it.

Could you imagine telling your wife or girlfriend if you had a PoS2 and you were wanting to watch a movie and you tell her "Oh, to hit play, hit the pink sqaure button"!?!?!? Does this sound stupid or what?

Personally, I like how the XBox remote looks like any normal remote but with the trademark black and green colors. Oh yeah, some of the buttons are white :)

dimwit
12-03-2001, 05:26 PM
tell her "Oh, to hit play, hit the pink sqaure button"!?!?!?

She shouldn't have the remote anyway!

JeremyX
12-03-2001, 07:36 PM
I finally found a DVD kit!! I love my Xbox so much more now that I can watch DVD movies on it. The first DVD I bought was Shrek. I too love the fact that the remote looks nothing like the controller. My aunt didn't even know it was a video game system when she saw it. I can't wait untill saturday when all my friends come over for some Halo, DOA3, Fuzion Frenzy and Tommy Boy on DVD. Can I get a OH YEAH!?

Jason1010
12-03-2001, 07:43 PM
I've had mine since launch... but i never use it lol... it just sits there and collects dust... :D

skoot182
12-03-2001, 08:18 PM
ummmmm.... oh yeah

Frostberg
12-03-2001, 10:21 PM
I guess now that there are a bunch of Xboxes out there the dvd kit is in demand now. I found the last one at my local walmart on the 17th and all the GhastlyCrap fanboys were there camping...jeez they are all geeky with their GBAs and I dunno they were like the opposite of us laid back superior Xbox lovers. Geez maybe it was that we took the nice fold out recliners with foortests and they just sat on the floor. Silly people...

My only complaint is that I wish it had controls for your television. I mean, it already has the number buttons and up, down, left, and right buttons! It feels nice, but I hate having all these controllers all over the place. Actually, I really only need volume controls (left and right) But maybe later they will make another remote, as I would love to see some kind of universal remote. I dont want it from a third party because I now trust MS quality more than ever!

l Maximus l
12-04-2001, 04:35 PM
Frostberg...good point. But, by having more remotes, this decreases the likeliness of your wife/girlfriend (which ever applies) grabbing the remote control since it belongs in the hands of a dude instead :D

Multiple controllers = Man control :D
One universal controller = Good luck, fellow dudes...the chick has it. :(