PDA

View Full Version : LAN link help

Monjava
02-26-2003, 10:42 PM
I reside on a college campus that that has a LAN. For a friend and I to link our xboxs (in separate rooms) do we just plug our ethernet cables into the xboxs and then to the wall jacks (which is what I do for my computer)? thanks

MerimacHamwich
02-26-2003, 11:30 PM
Should work. I am not completely sure though. Try it.

Rochey69r
02-27-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Monjava
I reside on a college campus that that has a LAN. For a friend and I to link our xboxs (in separate rooms) do we just plug our ethernet cables into the xboxs and then to the wall jacks (which is what I do for my computer)? thanks

Holy Crab!!

imagine that guys!

if college dorm rooms all had access to the local network. then any ppl who stayed in them could link there xbox in. you would easily have 16 player lans!!

thats awsome but i wonder if it will work?

:cool: good luck dude! :D

JJaX
02-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Monjava

If you do system link games the xboxs should detect each other...

But the 2 of you should get XBL, that would be sweet.

SiGuy
02-27-2003, 03:00 PM
i got a question that has something to do with this. I want Xbox Live, but I have a dial up which is unusually slow. Is it even possible to get Xbox live?
and what can i do to speed up my internet to make it faster if it can be done.

carlbme
02-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
i got a question that has something to do with this. I want Xbox Live, but I have a dial up which is unusually slow. Is it even possible to get Xbox live?
and what can i do to speed up my internet to make it faster if it can be done.

Xbox Live FAQ (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28515)

Yannie Boy
02-27-2003, 04:59 PM
yeah it should work both ways,,, via Live or System..

thats what i do sometimes when i go to a friends house...he lives on a drorm to...

we just plug up a play