PDA

View Full Version : Halo....best FPS ever???...Hmmm

aronx
11-29-2001, 01:34 PM
I just finished Halo and here are my thoughts.

Bad things:

1. Same old storylines. I predicted that stupid blue flying thing would turn against me.
2. Gameplay too linear. Its basically the same old thing: find the key, open the door. Or in this case, follow the arrows.
3. Re-fighting through the same environments. This wasn't necessarily bad, but it didn't help.
4. Ease. I found it extremely easy to kill the flood. Just get them into a bottleneck and blast em with the shotgun.
5. Some of those huge rooms were very empty.

Good things:
1. The addition of vehicles rocked! I just wish there were more opportunities to use them.
2. Unique environment. A halo planet? How cool would that be.
3. Decent job of adding the flood to the list of enemies. I especially liked that everyone was fighting against each other. I would rarely disrupt a battle between the covenent and the flood.

Great things:
1. See #1 under "Good things".
2. The graphics. Did you ever go into a dark corner and turn on your flashlight? Check out the textures on the wall!! Wow!! I spent hours looking around.
3. Probably the greatest thing, and most innovative, was the team based fighting with the other marines. It was cool to feel like you were just another soldier in the battles.

Well thats it, off the top of my head.

In conclusion, Halo is NOT the best FPS ever. Its good and fun, but not the best.

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 01:42 PM
Blue flying thing turning on you at the end..? I've never played it but plan on buying it soon once I get my Xbox this weekend.. was that a spoiler? DOH!:D

scarecrow kfj
11-29-2001, 02:55 PM
what did you play it on? I thought it was rather easy on normal myself. I am going to play it again on legendary to see if it makes it better.

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
what did you play it on? I thought it was rather easy on normal myself. I am going to play it again on legendary to see if it makes it better.

Hey, Scarecrow...Just so you know, Legendary is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT! I'm not kidding...It took me 2 hours to get out of the ship so I could get to the first level! lol...And this was even on Co-op mode! :D Good luck!!!!!!!!

aronx
11-29-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Blue flying thing turning on you at the end..? I've never played it but plan on buying it soon once I get my Xbox this weekend.. was that a spoiler? DOH!:D

Not a spoiler. Knowing that fact does not ruin the game.

scarecrow kfj
11-30-2001, 12:38 PM
yeah I know but OXM has a contest going....