PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Vs. Capcom STILL on track for a March Release, ... but...

Ninja Scroll
02-27-2003, 08:43 PM
IT WONT BE LIVE, ... XBL! http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Capcom not to supprt XBL for Mvs.C! (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2911788,00.html)

So how do you all feel about this?
I know without LIVE support im passing this title up.
Oh well, atleast we still have Capcom Vs. SNK2EO for LIVE, and im loving it.:)

Dark Enemy
02-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Good thing i bought Snk then :(

VenoM
02-27-2003, 10:27 PM
this sucks big time...this was the one 2d live fighting game i was waiting for and to hear it wont be on live just sucks :( they might as well not even release it...why waste there time and there blank dvds

Azazel
02-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Not again!!

Xbox sure has turned into a waste of money in my opinion. I have been faithful for a long time, but I am sick of it.

Glad I made the decision to Mod my xbox. I am going to attempt to do it myself just for the fun of it (creating your own Bios skins and running your own Utils sounds really cool). Plus I figure if I fail on the Mod who cares Xbox doesnt have anything good anyway.

NINE BREAKER
02-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Well, I'll still be picking this bad-boy up, Live or no Live. Though it would be 10x better, this should still be a great game.

VenoM
02-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
Well, I'll still be picking this bad-boy up, Live or no Live. Though it would be 10x better, this should still be a great game.

why??...dont you have a dreamcast?

NINE BREAKER
02-28-2003, 12:16 AM
No, I don't have a Dreamcast. Besides, I really like Marvel super-heros and fighting games. And I don't plan on letting good games slip by just because they aren't Live.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
02-28-2003, 07:00 AM
i felt the same way, when i first bought the game for my dreamcast 3 years ago..Don't worry guys, i'm sure the hacks at activision are going to make a marvel based fighter you can all play on Xbox live.......i wouldn't touch a fighter from activision with a ten foot pole........

studepaber
02-28-2003, 08:20 AM
Ok, well why was this game delayed then?? This is really disappointing news, but this will just give me more $ to spend on other xbox games and maybe a GBA SP when that comes out.

Shadow20002
02-28-2003, 08:37 AM
The Xbox version will it have new characters or just the same as the dreamcast version ?

The Jackal
02-28-2003, 11:18 AM
dont care if its live... just as long as the thing finally comes out

Evil_Dr_Beefy
02-28-2003, 11:25 AM
It's the same game as the dreamcast...activision won't allow any new charactors or the xbox live service..activision won't allow upgrades of any kind.....it's not capcom, activision is the one playing hardball...

Ninja Scroll
02-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Azazel
Not again!!

Xbox sure has turned into a waste of money in my opinion. I have been faithful for a long time, but I am sick of it.

Glad I made the decision to Mod my xbox. I am going to attempt to do it myself just for the fun of it (creating your own Bios skins and running your own Utils sounds really cool). Plus I figure if I fail on the Mod who cares Xbox doesnt have anything good anyway.

You mod'd your Xbox huh? I hope your ass is having fun offline since mod'd console cant get on XBL.
And dont act like you can, cause Microsoft has there servers protected to avoid mod'd Xbox hardware.

Originally posted by Shadow20002
The Xbox version will it have new characters or just the same as the dreamcast version ?
Like "Evil" said, it's just da same game dat was in da arcades, then perfectly ported to Dreamcast, which from there was ported to dat PoS console and now onto da Xbox.

Same as for Capcom Vs. SNK2EO, except it was XBL compatible and got my sales dollar.
Too bad for Marvel, cause with LIVE support I would have been all over it as most online fans would have.

Oh well, Capcom might as well cancel it to save it's cost.:rolleyes:

I would really like to hear Capcom's excuse.

studepaber
02-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I would really like to hear Capcom's excuse.

I was at the Gamefaq boards to see what the general response response would be about this news. Seems a guy from Capcom basically said they couldn't release it on Live b/c on legal issues *cough* Activision *cough*. Here's a link to the thread....

Capcom's response (http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=33175&topic=6755867)

shrew king
02-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Couldn't this game have been on the psx or N64 if the developers wanted to? It just looks like crap IMO.

Ninja Scroll
02-28-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
I was at the Gamefaq boards to see what the general response response would be about this news. Seems a guy from Capcom basically said they couldn't release it on Live b/c on legal issues *cough* Activision *cough*. Here's a link to the thread....

Capcom's response (http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=33175&topic=6755867)

Dat makes no sense whatsoever! WTF does XBL have to do with anything?

Bottom line is da game is still getting shipped in March. So by it coming out means nothing concerning XBL.

Now I know Activision has official exclusive licensed rights to Spider-Man, the X-Men, and a few other Marvel characters, but if capcom is able to still release Marvel Vs. Capcom then there's no reason for it not to be LIVE compatible.

Until I hear something from a Capcom Spokesperson I just cant except any rumors or what have you.