PDA

View Full Version : Omg!! Look At This Game!

hiter101
02-27-2003, 10:59 PM
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO! (http://www.crytek.com/games/index.php?px=xisle)

this game looks amazing and its made by UBI Soft OMG! thanx to Suranga at Tradegamesnow.com for this info.

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/helicopter_near_waterfall.jpg

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/scout_near_beach.jpg

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/Sunset.jpg

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/encounter_at_forest.jpg

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/Untitled-40_copy.jpg

thanx to Suranga at Tradegamesnow.com for this info.

hiter101
02-27-2003, 11:00 PM
http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/fight_at_beachrocks.jpg

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/Untitled-22_copy.jpg

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/xisle/sniper_scope.jpg

MerimacHamwich
02-27-2003, 11:30 PM
It looks like Photoshop work. It does look good but not as good as some games coming out this spring. Nice find though.

shrew king
02-27-2003, 11:33 PM
Those are amazing, what is with the coulds though? They seem to be the same pattern over and over again...

MerimacHamwich
02-27-2003, 11:38 PM
That they do kingy, that they do.

MidniteArrow
02-27-2003, 11:58 PM
The clouds look fractal generated. And the screens, sad to say, are most likely rendered on the PC. I'd love for those to be Xbox screens though.

yall
02-28-2003, 07:25 AM
If this thing pans out, it looks like it could be a great game (graphically anyway). The part that really makes me interested is that it will be published by Ubisoft, who IMHO has one of the best track records so far on the xbox (splinter cell, ghost recon, deathrow).

rothgar
02-28-2003, 01:09 PM
ya it looks pretty good. my only problems graphicly are that same cloud pattern (the loop thing) is repeated 6 times in just the few pics you have :( (im also counting the ones that were reversed ) and in the other shot with the close up leaves. the very tip is floating.

other than that. i thought it looked good. (the guy and vehicle to be spacific)

yall
02-28-2003, 01:29 PM
Its entirely possible that the repeating cloud patten is due to the fact that the game engine is still under development, and they just slapped some clouds in for effect.

Chaotic
02-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Looks awesome!

Dark Enemy
02-28-2003, 03:59 PM
I like the way the grass looks in the 1st picture

Yannie Boy
02-28-2003, 04:52 PM
looks good as a matter of a fact very good......... just want some more info on it though good find

canadianboi3
02-28-2003, 05:11 PM
That looks incredibly sweet. Hopefully a game that can take advantage of the Xbox.

Shadow20002
02-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Cool graphics. Now, everything is going with the ability to drive vehicles. ;)

The Jackal
03-01-2003, 12:24 AM
aaaand so much for ghost recon

Hitman101
03-01-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by yall
If this thing pans out, it looks like it could be a great game (graphically anyway). The part that really makes me interested is that it will be published by Ubisoft, who IMHO has one of the best track records so far on the xbox (splinter cell, ghost recon, deathrow).

Did I just here you say that Ubisoft made Deathrow.:eek:

shrew king
03-01-2003, 01:16 AM
This game will be on Live right?

yall
03-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Well I don't think Ubisoft made Deathrow, but they are the publisher. And this is a little off topic, but I have been playing Deathrow 2 player against the computer, and I gotta tell ya, it rocks!

hiter101
03-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
This game will be on Live right?

i dunno it doesnt sya but if its not they should kill themselves

MerimacHamwich
03-01-2003, 02:17 PM
Deathrow is an amazing game that got barely any attention. It should have been a must buy for the Xbox system, instead games like Panzer Dragoon Orta are the "must buys."

Cloud Strife
03-01-2003, 02:17 PM
I'll admit that the graphics look fantastic but I'm starting to think there's way too many first person shooter. I think it's time for a Parappa The Rapper, Samba De Amigo, etc. music game.;)

shrew king
03-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
instead games like Panzer Dragoon Orta are the "must buys."

And rightfully so. Panzer Dragoon Orta is an awesome game.

Chandlz
03-02-2003, 10:52 AM
About the clouds....maybe the screens were taken around the period of time. The evening screen has different clouds. Then again they could just be repeating.

Nameless
03-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Does it really matter? Come on they're only clouds.

Snake Eyez
03-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I'll admit that the graphics look fantastic but I'm starting to think there's way too many first person shooter. I think it's time for a Parappa The Rapper, Samba De Amigo, etc. music game.;)

I'll take the fps anyday over any music game. I see the music games as being tailored to the younger Xbox owners out there.

Discretion
03-02-2003, 05:37 PM
To me, it still looks like someone used POSER and Photoshop to make these... I don't really know but it looks very very similar to the people you make in POSER and edited in Photoshop...

Seawolf X
03-02-2003, 05:54 PM
This look likes a sweet game! This is a must for me if released!

shrew king
03-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Discretion
To me, it still looks like someone used POSER and Photoshop to make these... I don't really know but it looks very very similar to the people you make in POSER and edited in Photoshop...

What makes you say that?

WynnFire
03-03-2003, 04:17 AM
Couldn't be in game graphics, No jaggies at all. Even if FSAA was turned up to the max, you would still see some jaggies here and there on the plants leaves.

MidniteArrow
03-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
Couldn't be in game graphics, No jaggies at all. Even if FSAA was turned up to the max, you would still see some jaggies here and there on the plants leaves.

Not if the resolution the game engine is rendering is rediculously high, like 2048x1536.

MerimacHamwich
03-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Those clouds really really bother me now.

Shrew, I think Panzer Dragoon may be fun to some extent but it is such a simple and shallow game that it doesn't really deserve the attention it got. That is just my view though.

MidniteArrow
03-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Those clouds really really bother me now.

Shrew, I think Panzer Dragoon may be fun to some extent but it is such a simple and shallow game that it doesn't really deserve the attention it got. That is just my view though.
I'll second this opinion. I'm a little more on one side of the fence though. Orta sucks monkey balls. Rail shooters? On the Xbox? come one man, develop a real game. And no, and I mean NO, self respecting software team would release a game for the Xbox, even a demo, that does not support 480p. The demo of Orta only supported 480i. As such, my opinion is that Orta sucketh.

Nato King
03-03-2003, 11:50 AM
What can I say but awsome. If you have anymore information about this game let us know.:)

MerimacHamwich
03-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by MidniteArrow
I'll second this opinion. I'm a little more on one side of the fence though. Orta sucks monkey balls. Rail shooters? On the Xbox? come one man, develop a real game. And no, and I mean NO, self respecting software team would release a game for the Xbox, even a demo, that does not support 480p. The demo of Orta only supported 480i. As such, my opinion is that Orta sucketh.

Heh, I second that opinion. I was gonna be a little more blunt but wasn't sure if anyone would agree with me and I didn't feel like starting a flame war. So, yeah, PDO sucketh the monkey balls.

LynxFX
03-03-2003, 12:33 PM
It looks promising but those pics surely don't showcase what the game will really look like. They are way too clean to be xbox pics. Like others have said, at 640x480 there would be tons of aliasing. Looks like it is a super hi rez pc screenshot that has been cleaned up.

Not a poser model though. come on. :)

# 1 Stunner
03-03-2003, 01:59 PM
this game would be awesome, i wounder what itll be about.

Seawolf X
03-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
It looks promising but those pics surely don't showcase what the game will really look like. They are way too clean to be xbox pics. Like others have said, at 640x480 there would be tons of aliasing. Looks like it is a super hi rez pc screenshot that has been cleaned up.

Not a poser model though. come on. :)

Xbox 2 should be just like a computer, but for really only playing games. It would be awesome no huge updates. Just stick game in and let it play. We could than have a game like this.

MerimacHamwich
03-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Dude, computer games are all about huge updates.

VeNoMiZA
03-03-2003, 08:30 PM
looks great. :D

Liquid Gears
03-03-2003, 08:58 PM
whow man

Those grafics look all sorts of crazy cool. I'm gonna look into this one

shrew king
03-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by MidniteArrow
Rail shooters? On the Xbox? come one man, develop a real game.

A real game? What is your definition of a real game?

As such, my opinion is that Orta sucketh.

So you're making your choice on whether or not you like the game after playing a demo? All I can say is, your loss.

If you are saying this after only playing the demo, then I would suggest trying the full version, but like I told Midnite, it's your loss.

If either of you have played the full version and didn't like that no problem, I don't like every game I play either.

MidniteArrow
03-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
A real game? What is your definition of a real game?

Non-Rail-Shooter would be one definition, but there are many. I guess I just hate that genre and find it near-worthless. If I want to play a flier, I want to have full control over the path.

So you're making your choice on whether or not you like the game after playing a demo? All I can say is, your loss.
Absolutely. What's the purpose of the Demo? To "demonstrate" the game. If you can't get your act together for the demo, I'm not wasting my time on your product.

Reclaimer
03-04-2003, 01:41 AM
So this game is called Far Cry? I just don't know. The website seems legite, for as much as I scanned through it.
http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/cryengine/engine_01.jpg

They're really proud of the game engine behind this game. A huge part of this site is just devoted to the engine itself. Am I missing something here?
Well, I just hope it's real.
Real time editing, bump mapping, static lights, network system, integrated physics system, shaders, shadows and a dynamic music system are just some of the state of-the-art features the CryENGINE™ offers.

The CryENGINE™ comes complete with all of its internal tools and also includes the CryEDIT world editing system. Licensees receive full source code and documentation for the engine and tools. Support is provided directly from the R & D Team that continuously develops the engine and can arrange teaching workshops for your team to increase the learning process.

The engine supports all video and hardware currently on the market. New hardware support is constantly added as it becomes available.

CryEDIT: Is a real-time game editor offering "What you see is what you PLAY" feedback.
Renderer: integrates indoor and outdoor technology seamlessly. Offers rendering support for OpenGL & DirectX 8/9, XBox using latest HW features, PS2 and GameCube.

Physics System: supports character inverse kinematics, vehicles, rigid bodies, liquid, rag doll, cloth and soft body effects. The system is integrated with the game and tools.

Character Inverse Kinematics & Animation Blending: Allows a character model to have multiple animations while looking believable.

AI System: Enables team based AI and AI behaviors defined by scripts. Ability to create custom enemies and behaviors without touching the C++ code.

Interactive Dynamic Music System: Tracks and responds to the player's actions and situations and offers CD Quality playback in full 5.1 surround sound.

Environmental Audio & SFS Engine: Ability to accurately reproduce sounds from nature with seamless blending between environments and interior/exterior locations in 5.1 audio. Includes EAX 2.0 audio support.

Network Client and Server System: Manages all network connections for the multiplayer mode. It is a low-latency network system based on client/server architecture.

Shaders: A script system used to combine textures in different ways to produce visual effects. Supports real time per-pixel lighting, bumpy reflections, refractions, volumetric glow effects, animated textures, transparent computer displays, windows, bullet holes, and shinny surfaces.

Terrain: Uses an advanced heightmap system and polygon reduction to create massive, realistic environments. The view distance can be up to 2km when converted from game units.

Lighting and Shadows: A combination of precalculated, real time shadows, stencil shadows and lightmaps to produce a dynamic environment. Includes high-resolution, correct perspective, and volumetric smooth-shadow implementations for dramatic and realistic indoor shadowing. Supports advanced particles
technology and any kind of volumetric lighting effects on particles.

Fog: Includes volumetric, layer and view distance fogging to enhance atmosphere and tension.

Tools Integration: Objects and buildings created using 3ds max™ or Maya® are integrated within the game and editor.

Polybump™: Standalone or fully integrated with other tools including 3ds max™.

Scripting system: Based on the popular LUA language. This easy to use system allows the setup and tweaking of weapons/game parameters, playing of sounds and loading of graphics without touching the C++ code.

Modularity: Entirely written in modular C++, with comments, documentation and subdivisions into multiple DLLs.

CryEDIT: Is a real-time game editor offering "What you see is what you PLAY" feedback.

Renderer: integrates indoor and outdoor technology seamlessly.
Offers rendering support for OpenGL & DirectX 8/9, XBox using latest HW features, PS2 and GameCube.

Physics System: supports character inverse kinematics, vehicles, rigid bodies, liquid, rag doll, cloth and soft body effects. The system is integrated with the game and tools.

Character Inverse Kinematics & Animation Blending: Allows a character model to have multiple animations while looking believable.

AI System: Enables team based AI and AI behaviors defined by scripts. Ability to create custom enemies and behaviors without touching the C++ code.

Interactive Dynamic Music System: Tracks and responds to the player's actions and situations and offers CD Quality playback in full 5.1 surround sound.

Environmental Audio & SFS Engine: Ability to accurately reproduce sounds from nature with seamless blending between environments and interior/exterior locations in 5.1 audio. Includes EAX 2.0 audio support.

Network Client and Server System: Manages all network connections for the multiplayer mode. It is a low-latency network system based on client/server architecture.

Shaders: A script system used to combine textures in different ways to produce visual effects. Supports real time per-pixel lighting, bumpy reflections, refractions, volumetric glow effects, animated textures, transparent computer displays, windows, bullet holes, and shinny surfaces.

Reclaimer
03-04-2003, 01:43 AM
One more for the road:

http://www.crytek.com/images/gallery/cryengine/vegetation_painting.jpg

Someone needs to teach me the HTML code for sizing images to fit within a boundry.

MerimacHamwich
03-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Those are impressive screenshots.

-edit-
All the info. (http://www.crytek.com/news/index.php?lang=eng&english.x=14&english.y=17)

l Maximus l
03-07-2003, 02:40 AM
All I can say is...BRING ON THE FPSs!!!

50CeNt
03-09-2003, 05:15 PM
ya looks like a great game. I hope the graphics dont change one xbox. Everything looks so realistic .