PDA

View Full Version : MVP Baseball 2003 Goes Gold

SkoalMint
02-28-2003, 05:58 AM
I know that most of us probably hate EA and will never buy another one of their products, but for those that are interested, the shipping date has been moved up to March 11, 2003. As it is made by EA and doesn't support online play, I definitely won't be getting this one.

Link (http://wire.ign.com/articles/387/387482p1.html)

--------------------------------
February 27, 2003 - EA SPORTS is excited to announce that MVP Baseball 2003 has GONE GOLD on the PS2 and Xbox. The release date has been moved up and the game will now ship on March 11, 2003. A PC version will ship in early April.

This is a whole new ballgame . . . knock the dirt off your cleats in the first season of MVP Baseball 2003, an all-new reengineered baseball franchise from EA SPORTS. MVP Baseball 2003 incorporates a new pitcher/batter interface that will give players the opportunity to be more strategic with their pitching and batting. An all-new "picture-in-picture" on-base view will create an added dimension and strategy to baserunning. Adding to the depth of the game, MVP Baseball 2003 will include a robust franchise mode that incorporates rookie drafts, player development, career ending injuries, contracts and hirings/firings.

The all-new baseball franchise from EA SPORTS, MVP Baseball 2003 is a completely new game with a rebuilt engine that is being created by a new internal development team at EA Canada. The game is rated "E" (Everyone).

CrazyCougar
02-28-2003, 09:47 AM
EA's baseball titles (Triple Play) has sucked ass the last few years. I wouldnt even feel the least bit confident that this new title is any better. It'll be either WSB 2k3 or High Heat 2004 for me. I say no thanks to EA and Microsoft baseball titles.

SkoalMint
02-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Well, if I pick up a BB title this year, it will definitely be Inside Pitch since its the only one on XBL.