PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive MotoGP 2 Interview!!! Check It Out!!

radiohead_o0o
03-01-2003, 08:09 PM
from OTLLIVE (http://www.otllive.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=123)
Thanks to our good friends at Planet Moto GP (http://www.planetmgp.com) we are able to bring out part of their exclusive coverage of the forthecoming Live enabled racing game, Moto GP 2.

Planet Moto GP: Were you surprised at the lengths that people went to climb the leaderboard (i.e. taking shortcuts and glitches)?

[Damyan Pepper]
Totally.... when I was playing the game it never crossed my mind to cut the first corner on Sachsenring, or the last corner of Jerez. I did occasionally cut the last corner on Valencia, but that was because I couldn't get around it otherwise. Why would anyone want to cheat at a game like this? I suppose it is a shame, and it comes from the same mentality as people who want to race around backwards and form roadblocks. I am kinda torn on this, because I do think that anything the game lets you do should be counted as valid - so if you get a faster time by going over grass, or can exploit some weird resetting bug then good on you. But it is extremely annoying when people do it!! This time round we've fixed it so you can't do any of those things to get up the scoreboards, so all should be well.

Planet Moto GP: What issues surfaced after the demo was launched that you wanted to rectify?

[Damyan Pepper]
Interesting that Shawn passes this one to me....(Shawn adds: you've played it on Live more than I have)... well there's obviously the *ahem* digital triggers problem which fortunately
did get fixed in the update. All of the glitches and shortcuts we wanted to fix. We lost faith in thinking that the sun looked good, so we did a new one for MotoGP2.

There were lots of things in the single-player game that we found annoying and these all got fixed - many small niggly things that add together to make the game feel that much better. For example, being able to change the difficulty of a GP series mid season, or being able to restart one if you want to, or changing number of laps in a race. We spent quite a long time redesigning the interface to quick race, stunt mode and time trials - making all of them behave more like a Live game with a "hub" screen that provides most of the information you need to know about the race. These single player screens now provide you with, on one screen, the Local or Live scoreboards for the current track, a scrolling list of things you could unlock by the game you're about to start, and information about the game you're doing. I'm extremely pleased with the way these came out, even if it was quite a painful process getting there.

I seem to have gone a little away from the question there....one other thing that surfaced after the demo was the idea that there was a "best bike", so this is something else we've been trying to rectify.

Planet Moto GP: What new online functions were incorporated into the game?

[Damyan Pepper]
We now have online scoreboards for the single player stunt mode. Also there's a scoreboard that is reset every week, the host can ban players from sessions, we've tweaked the naming for various settings ("No Collisions"...I don't think so!), fixed the problem where sessions stop accepting new players after a while.

Planet Moto GP:What changes were made in the game engine (for example, physics, handling, environment)?

[George Foot]
The physics model has been extended to bring some of the sim physics options from the Live demo into the regular races, and of course we have the new four stroke bikes, which have a very different feel to the two strokes - they're heavier, but their extra power compensates for this, and they don't have such a sharp power band as the two strokes. They also feature engine braking, which is almost non-existent on two stroke bikes, and this can greatly affect how you adjust your speed when approaching a corner.

In addition, we have added a bike setup option, allowing players to change their tyre compound, adjust their suspension, select different gearbox lengths to trade off acceleration against top speed. "

Thanks again to our friends at Planet Moto GP for allowing us to post a portion of their exclusive interview of what is sure to be a sure fire winnner, for more of the interview and dozens of exclusive pics check them out at http://www.planetmgp.com

OTLLIVE (http://www.otllive.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=123)

radiohead_o0o
03-02-2003, 11:47 AM
i guess you guys dont play much motogp? :eek: i love the first one, and this interview is incredible for anyone following the second version.

Discretion
03-02-2003, 12:43 PM
This thread should be deleted. This is not supposed to be posted @ any sites. If they want this seen, go to Planet Moto GP to see it yourself. I am not being mean, but I am a racer on their team and they don't want this stuff on the net. So it would help if you edit the post.

I just noticed the other site took it off PMGP. I dont know if there was permission but whatever. Sorry bout that.

Discretion
03-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Well, they got permission. Ok, that's ok than. I saw all this last night with all the nice pics too :cool:

This game is totally going to be sweet. Moto GP is my favorite XBOX Live game so you bet your @$$ I have this pre-ordered already :cool: