PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION all you Xbox, Gamecube or PS2 Haters!

rawiswar
11-29-2001, 05:13 PM
(This post is especially for MS-Xbox and lunkrots, the 2 biggest Xbox haters I've ever seen!)

First off, let me say that I am DEFINITELY in favor of bashing other consoles (it can be quite fun at times!). I have nothing wrong with that.

Now that I have said that, I have noticed in the last few months that their is a fine line between making fun of other consoles (i.e. Gamecube's kewl handle-WOW) and HATING other consoles/companies. These people are WAY BEYOND the "fanboy" level. I hear people at school and outside school that have GENUINE HATRED towards other consoles (especially at places like EBX). What those people don't realize is that if their was no Sony or Microsoft, we would all be SCREWED. Competition is what MAKES good consoles. Competition is what MAKES good games. For example, say Sony had a monopoly over the video game business. This would suck. How would you like to pay $600 for the PS3, have the graphics look identical, and have 4 games come out a MONTH! That's what would happen if there was no COMPETITION. Gaming companies would be able to do WHATEVER THEY WANT :eek:

So, again, I am all for "opinions", but for those people that have ANIMOSITY towards other game consoles may want to get a reality check.

P.S.

G*ycube and

Piece of
Sh*t

Suck:D

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 05:28 PM
http://www.gurney.co.uk/rotary/man_beer.jpg

Toonz
11-29-2001, 05:29 PM
I agree with ya Dude. IMO any " real gamer " won't commit to just one system. I wish I could afford to buy them all. They all have great stuff to offer

XBOX - Halo is amazing, Oddworld is incredibly fun especially if you are fan of the series

PS2 - Who can argue with the huge list a great games already offered by this system. They have great fanbase and are here to stay.

Gamecube - 3 words " Super Monkey Ball " just saying the name brings a smile to my face. With a name like that its guranteed fun. Star Wars looks really fun as well.

DC - IMO very underated. This baby plays VCD's, MP3's, and Games. To bad piracy is so easy of the games. I think DOA2 is every bit as good and DOA3 for XBOX just not as pretty.

How can I deprive myself by only choosing only 1

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I agree with ya Dude. IMO any " real gamer " won't commit to just one system. I wish I could afford to buy them all. They all have great stuff to offer

XBOX - Halo is amazing, Oddworld is incredibly fun especially if you are fan of the series

PS2 - Who can argue with the huge list a great games already offered by this system. They have great fanbase and are here to stay.

Gamecube - 3 words " Super Monkey Ball " just saying the name brings a smile to my face. With a name like that its guranteed fun. Star Wars looks really fun as well.

DC - IMO very underated. This baby plays VCD's, MP3's, and Games. To bad piracy is so easy of the games. I think DOA2 is every bit as good and DOA3 for XBOX just not as pretty.

How can I deprive myself by only choosing only 1

Easy...just get the XBox. :D

MaxPain
11-29-2001, 05:50 PM
Maximus .......very right :D You should deprive yourself to just one, the XBox, you will save alot of money to :D, It's like real life, The XBox people are the RICH and then..... you got your bottom of the barrel sandwich makers, pos2 gc... we got to have them or who would make the sandwiches!?

l Maximus l
11-29-2001, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by MaxPain
Maximus .......very right :D You should deprive yourself to just one, the XBox, you will save alot of money to :D, It's like real life, The XBox people are the RICH and then..... you got your bottom of the barrel sandwich makers, pos2 gc... we got to have them or who would make the sandwiches!?

Hell yeah, I'm right. I'm trying to save this dude from kicking himself or getting beat up everywhere he goes because he might be the victim of a LameCube or G a y station consumer :D

MS-xbox
11-29-2001, 10:08 PM
Toonz is the only one who makes sense

I buy a consle for games, not specs

As for max pain, and maximus...well you guys are fools just to like one system over all the others, i guess all that drinking destroyed your brain cells
JK

BTW i would get an x-box is some good games that I would happen to like come out

Shenmue 2! sega sold out and made it an x-box only game in the US, but japan and UK get it on DC..Good thing i can just borrow rawiswar's x-box and rent Shenmue 2 /grin

Marc
11-30-2001, 12:16 AM
Well what if you have great games, but the specs suck? What would you do then, dip****?

MS-xbox
11-30-2001, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Marc
Well what if you have great games, but the specs suck? What would you do then, dip****?

Well marc if I had great games and the specs sucks, i would stilll play them, because like you said they are "great games" heck i still play some Snes games like earthbound and FF2 because as you say they are "great games" and who cares about specs, i dont need eye candy to play a game

Plewis
11-30-2001, 10:44 AM
i agree that graphics arent everything, but it is a pretty big deal to me!:D :D :D

l Maximus l
11-30-2001, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by MS-xbox

Well marc if I had great games and the specs sucks, i would stilll play them, because like you said they are "great games" heck i still play some Snes games like earthbound and FF2 because as you say they are "great games" and who cares about specs, i dont need eye candy to play a game

No offense, MS-Xbox...but, that is the exact mentality that Nintendo and Sony are praying for. To me, I want absolute innovation. If a system is going to boast a title like "Next Generation Console", it better be just that. The hype will never live up to the XBox...and the PoS2 and the LameCube will never live up to the hype.

Almost every single game that Sony has, XBox has or will have but will make them with faster gameplay, more screen action due to it's power and high polygon capability, in many cases there will be more levels, and to top it all off - better graphics. Now, here's my reasoning: If the same game can be found on the XBox that is on the PoS2 but it's a lot better on the XBox, wouldn't you, as a gamer, want the best of the best version of the same game? I know I would, especially if the price is the same.

Concerning the LameCube...this is a no brainer. Their launch titles alone (all 3 of them) blow serious ass...the only one that looks relatively decent is Rogue Leader, which I believe, could have been done much better...but, I don't think Nintendo has the ability to make it better because of the limitations on the system. Don't get me wrong, there are some lame ass titles on the XBox, too...take Kabuki Warriors for example...but, every system will have *some* bad games.

I just hope that game developers will use every ounce of capability of what the XBox can do. If and when that happens, be ready to play the best version of the best games.

Frostberg
11-30-2001, 08:58 PM
I think my siggy covers this

MS-xbox
11-30-2001, 09:10 PM
Stranged i was banned from the xbox addict forums for a few hours, then i emailed the webmaster and know i can get back on

Anyway maximus you make a good point

It is true, many of the titles are going to be cross platform

But just because the x-box is more powerful, it does not me all the games will look that much better, unless the developers spend a lot of time changing them. Gaming systems are not like computers, The way a game looks depends on a game. Thats why PS1 games run, and look the same on PS2

And not all Great PS2 games are going to Mainly FF games* [*FFXI will be out for PC as well as PS@], Now for metal gear, what is metal gear x? i am not saying its bad or anything, but could you show me a URL where i could find out more information, because i have heard lots of different things about this game, and have no idea which are true

And i dont think that gamecube is that bad, i love super monkey ball, its a really fun game if ya play it

The x-box has halo, that game is great, but is coming for PC, and i would rather play a 1st person shooter on a PC then a gaming system any day

Frostberg
11-30-2001, 09:16 PM
yeah i did the same, it said my IP was banned and I know I didnt do anything wrong, so if it happened to more people than me, it must of been something on their side

LynxFX
11-30-2001, 09:28 PM
Yeah weird IP ban thing. I emailed the webmaster too. Looks like it wasn't their fault, just some bad bug or hacker or mistake.