PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts can't ride elevators.

jeah
11-29-2001, 05:22 PM
Me and a buddy were playing Halo co-op last night and we got some ghosts deep inside some of the indoor environments. We even had to back down some small hallways to get them through. The bummer was when we got to an elevator the ghosts would fall through and hit the bottom of the elevator shaft (try being in it as it falls, or get out and watch it "sink" through the elevator).

Anyone else have this problem? If anyone can figure out a way to get those things up the elevators let me know.

PS. Co-op rules.

Toonz
11-29-2001, 05:38 PM
LoL ya I had the same prob with ghost. I love taking the vehicles where they were not meant to go. I wedged the Warthog between some trees than using a grenade I managed to blast it through. Got back in and drove into a building. The hallways were so narrow that the covenant could not move and I simply ran them over.

ChaZ
11-29-2001, 07:36 PM
I think the Ghosts were coded to "hover" over the specific floor, however, the game developer probably didn't code the elevator floor as the "floor" for ghosts, so that's why they went through the elevator floor, not you.

-ChaZ

Toonz
11-29-2001, 09:26 PM
Never thought of that.......Exellent point

aronx
11-30-2001, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
LoL ya I had the same prob with ghost. I love taking the vehicles where they were not meant to go. I wedged the Warthog between some trees than using a grenade I managed to blast it through. Got back in and drove into a building. The hallways were so narrow that the covenant could not move and I simply ran them over.

LOL dude, thats genius!

ChaZ
11-30-2001, 04:45 PM
Here's my idea how you can take ghost with you through elevator.

You'll need another person for co-op game.

First guy get on elevator and press X to go down, he goes down alone, leaving 2nd guy in the hallway with ghost. When 1st get to bottom, he leaves elevator area in the hall and wait.

Then 2nd guy will go down with ghost, sacrificing himself in the process. 2nd guy will "reincarnate along with 1st guy on the lower level and they get to pick up ghost on the bottom floor of elevator...

I haven't tried that, so let me know if it works!

-ChaZ