PDA

View Full Version : 2 for 2: XBOX CONSOLE GAME OF THE YEAR

MixMasta
03-02-2003, 04:46 PM
im too lazy to link it, but xbox did it again, console game of the year with splinter cell, check the main page, interactive science awards..

thats sweet that both years xbox has gotten console game of the year!

Master Gracey
03-02-2003, 04:59 PM
SWEET AVATAR, Mix!!! :D

Oh yeah... cool news too!

maximan00
03-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Well its easy for Xbox to win these awards seeing that it is the most powerful console with the best content games.

Cloud Strife
03-02-2003, 07:22 PM
I never heard about Xbox getting console of the year anywhere last year from what I know. If it did, I would like to know because the only places I've seen do it is EGM, Game Informer, etc.

I'm not about to say what my console of the year is.;)

LTM360
03-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger

I'm not about to say what my console of the year is.;)

yes, belive me we ALL know what that is... anyways, I also didn't relize Xbox got CONSOLE of the year last year, I knew it had the exclusive game of the year, but Console? But im glad Xbox is getting good recognition...now only if Gamecube would get the recognition it deserves, and PS2 get what it deserves (thrown in the pooper ;))

xboxman_1
03-02-2003, 07:39 PM
I never heard about Xbox getting console of the year anywhere last year from what I know.

I assume you mean console GOTY...and the association is the AIAS - Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. Don't know if you've ever heard of them, they give the equivalent of the gaming Oscars.

A little game we call Halo got it last year, Burning, don't know if you play those good games or not, or if you just stick to the sucky PS2 ports.

MixMasta
03-02-2003, 08:24 PM
thank u xboxman, i never said console of the year, it was console game of the year!!! halo and splinter cell, winners of this award the pass 2 years.

thanks for the compliment gracey!!

speaking of game of the year, what game on the xbox that is coming out this year do u think has the best chance of making a third year for the xbox recieving console game of the year??

my bets are going towards brute force and kotor! what do u guys think?

y2kash_14
03-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
thank u xboxman, i never said console of the year, it was console game of the year!!! halo and splinter cell, winners of this award the pass 2 years.

thanks for the compliment gracey!!

speaking of game of the year, what game on the xbox that is coming out this year do u think has the best chance of making a third year for the xbox recieving console game of the year??

my bets are going towards brute force and kotor! what do u guys think?

my money is on either Halo 2, Doom 3 or Fable

MixMasta
03-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
my money is on either Halo 2, Doom 3 or Fable

woa, i cant believe i totally forgot that, halo 2, omg, what was i thinking. ill add halo 2 to my list, but fable isnt coming out till 1/04 and doom 3 i think will win the awards on the computer version and not the xbox version.

Cloud Strife
03-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
I assume you mean console GOTY...and the association is the AIAS - Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. Don't know if you've ever heard of them, they give the equivalent of the gaming Oscars.

A little game we call Halo got it last year, Burning, don't know if you play those good games or not, or if you just stick to the sucky PS2 ports. My Xbox only has three games that were on PS2 and none of them were Japanese. My PS2 only has one game that's available on Xbox. I do have Halo but I don't think the game is that great compared to Gun Valkyrie, Zone of the Enders, Final Fantasy X, etc. mainly because I'm not very big on FPS. I will admit that Halo was the first FPS I ever did like a little. I just like games best with:
-Japanese voices
-Anime
-Cel Shaded
-lots of lenghty cinemas
-Turn based style RPG gameplay
-quirkyness

Originally posted by LTM360
yes, belive me we ALL know what that is... anyways, I also didn't relize Xbox got CONSOLE of the year last year, I knew it had the exclusive game of the year, but Console? But im glad Xbox is getting good recognition...now only if Gamecube would get the recognition it deserves, and PS2 get what it deserves (thrown in the pooper ;)) I don't think the PS2 deserves that. It's the console I support most. I like every console I own very much, even the Gamecube.;)

Dre
03-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
My Xbox only has three games that were on PS2 and none of them were Japanese. My PS2 only has one game that's available on Xbox. I do have Halo but I don't think the game is that great compared to Gun Valkyrie, Zone of the Enders, Final Fantasy X, etc. mainly because I'm not very big on FPS. I will admit that Halo was the first FPS I ever did like a little. I just like games best with:
-Japanese voices
-Anime
-Cel Shaded
-lots of lenghty cinemas
-Turn based style RPG gameplay
-quirkyness

Who ****** cares what PS2 or Xbox games you own? Why do you always do that crap? You go into a thread that talks about one thing and talk about something totally irrelevant that no one gives a **** about. I'm pretty tolerant, but half of your million pathetic posts a day are like this. [/end rant]

SiGuy
03-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Who fukin cares what PS2 or Xbox games you own? Why do you always do that crap? You go into a thread that talks about one thing and talk about something totally irrelevant that no one gives a shti about. I'm pretty tolerant, but half of your million pathetic posts a day are like this. [/end rant]
thats harsh man, but well said

shrew king
03-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Who fukin cares what PS2 or Xbox games you own? Why do you always do that crap? You go into a thread that talks about one thing and talk about something totally irrelevant that no one gives a shti about. I'm pretty tolerant, but half of your million pathetic posts a day are like this. [/end rant]

He likes attention, which is the reason he is on my ignore list. I'd recommend you do the same.