PDA

View Full Version : Let's hope MSFT buys Sega...

tWoTOMA
03-02-2003, 08:43 PM
It would bring all of the 2K fans over to Xbox, and would certainly add other quality titles. We would have the rights to Sonic, Panzer, DOA, JSRF, SegaGT, and other great games. I know Sega already gives us Xbox exclusive games, but just knowing that they will never go anywhere else would be huge.

Even if MSFT doesn't buy them, we should hope EA doesn't. From what I hear they would kill off the 2K series, because they don't want to have to publish games that compete with the almighty
Madden, Live, and Triple Play games. Also, any other franchises would go to waste, with EA focusing so much on presentation and not enough on gameplay or innovation. Hell, with thier bias towards PS2, we may never see a great Sega game on the Xbox again. I know that I would lose my mind if I had to play any other sports games!

shrew king
03-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Yeah I think we're all with you on wanting MS to buy Sega. I am pretty doubtful that it will happen though. Would MS keep 2k, considering it competes with Fever?

MerimacHamwich
03-02-2003, 08:53 PM
I think they probably would do good to buy SEGA. I myself don't personally like the company, however, Microsoft could force some quality into their games if they own them.

Shrew, if it sells more consoles, I am sure they would keep it. I personally prefer Fever as do many other people I know.

Cloud Strife
03-02-2003, 09:02 PM
I've heard this rumor way to many times. I don't think Sega will be bought out by anyone. I seriously feel they will stay multi-platform. Even if Sega was bought out, there's no guarntee that Yuji Naka, Yu Suzuki, etc. will stay. They may want to do things another way, who knows.

I don't believe that EA really hates Xbox. They still give Xbox a good number of games although they don't take advantage of the Xbox. It's just that EA wants to make money, not lose it like Sega so they have to take the safest approach. If Xbox was the best selling system, I guarantee EA's support would mainly be Xbox. I happen to pay a lot of attention to EA's releases and they release over 90% of their games multi-platform. The only games I know their keeping away from Xbox is Shox and Def Jam Vendette. EA is second to Microsoft as far as publisher sales on Xbox though so EA isn't that bad.

Insane Jester
03-03-2003, 07:04 AM
poor sega poor poor sega. Like the Romans they once rocked and look at them now ..

xboxman_1
03-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Not sure if this will officially shut down the rumor.......Gamespydaily (http://www.gamespydaily.com)

"Sega Denies EA & Microsoft Bids
Aramo | 7:38 | Industry Buzz

Strong denial by Sega of a possible takeover by either Electronic Arts or Microsoft, which was speculated in the Asian Wall Street Journal last Friday, have caused shares in the Japanese company to dive. Its stock surged 15 percent on Friday, but closed 6 percent lower today after a spokesman said the firm would keep working on its merger talks with Sammy as a priority.

Analysts deem it unlikely EA will launch a bid, though Microsoft is considered to be a serious threat to Sammy, which said it had not been contacted by EA or Microsoft, adding that it will map out the merger details with Sega as early as next month. "

MerimacHamwich
03-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Pff, they also said they wouldn't leave the console production world.