PDA

View Full Version : MArvel licencing??? Hulk etc.

Corona
03-02-2003, 10:02 PM
They must be outrageously expensive, because the games that are created seem like crap too me.:eek:

Personally I would have like to see "The Hulk" and "Wolverine" in the same game, with the option to play as both characters and have them meet paths somewhere down the line in the game!

I was watching that show "g4" on g4tv, and I thought that the wolverine game that's coming out looked mediocre at best, the graphics look strangely similar to "The Thing," also "The Hulk" screen shots don't look to hot either.

Though I guess with the whole "Block Buster movie" thing and all there obviously trying to follow suite like those before them (spidy, super guy, batboy, etc.), but one of my favorite marvel comic issues as a child was "The Hulk vs. Wolverine":cool

Insane Jester
03-03-2003, 06:58 AM
yes i agree most comic to game projects do seem crap. alot like games to films. .. ive also seen a preview (10 minute clip) of the house of the dead movie . the effects of the monsters look quite good but that means nothing.

SiGuy
03-03-2003, 05:01 PM
They havent even come close to what they can do yet. What Id really like to see is a strictly Marvel game featuring all the Marvel characters... thats like 100and something, maybe more. Or a Marvel verse Mortal Kombat game

Hitman101
03-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Lol I must say that the House of the dead movie looks like crap.

Judge for your self. Here's a link (http://www.house-of-the-dead.com/trailer/official_trailer_large.htm) to the large quicktime trailer.

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-03-2003, 06:20 PM
i don't want to go too far off topic, but what do some teenagers have to do with house of the dead? Where is Goldman and G? Where are my government agents fighting a zombie making mad doctor? We do people have to change s*** from the videogame when they make a movie?

VeNoMiZA
03-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Evil_Dr_Beefy
i don't want to go too far off topic, but what do some teenagers have to do with house of the dead? Where is Goldman and G? Where are my government agents fighting a zombie making mad doctor? We do people have to change s*** from the videogame when they make a movie? becuzz these *** ass directors do the movies BASED ON THEIR VIEWS. not what the shat really is based on u know? lets say if resident evil wasa book and this directopr reads it.. than he deicdes to make a movie and he sees that leonardo decaprio would be a great hero in this movie he will do it and FU*KUP the resident series.:rolleyes:
EDIT: dont mind my typing im too lazy to fix it.

Corona
03-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
They havent even come close to what they can do yet. What Id really like to see is a strictly Marvel game featuring all the Marvel characters... thats like 100and something, maybe more. Or a Marvel verse Mortal Kombat game

I think that marvel vs. MK would be crazy, it would make MArv vs SNK look like trash especialy with the new fighting engine that midway has.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as you other guys "not meaning" to alter the topic regardless, have already done so. So please move it along botsy Boys! :(

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-04-2003, 06:59 PM
I think that marvel doesn't care if the game is good or bad, they just want to see their charactors in a game so they will have something to show their stockholders at the board meetings....it's a shame if you ask me....marvel charactors have so much history..with so many storylines to chose from.....you get your hopes up so high for what ends up being a hack job..I got this feeling that the upcoming daredevil game based on the movie..is going to be rushed out the door piece of S**T ,just in time for the DVD release of the movie....i don't have much hope for that hulk game either.....