PDA

View Full Version : New XBox

Himji
03-04-2003, 06:32 AM
My wifes buying me an xbox for my birthday (yeah I know it's meant to be a surprise but she's got no imagination, whaddoIdo? Divorce her for it?)

Anyway, I'm going to buy a blank xbox and then buy the games I want forit. But, can you guys help me pick? I'm limiting the amount of games cos I won't play that much, maybe 6 hours a week tops (family man, what can I say)

Here's my list

Halo
Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon or Hitman 2 or Metal Gear Solid 2
DOA 3 or Capcom vs or another better fighting game
GTA (the free one) or another better racing game
Mororwmind or a better RPG

Yes a short list, I'll buy more once, I've completed some of the longer games...

edit, changed title and added games

Kortiz
03-04-2003, 07:20 AM
all those games are great.

Halo, Splinter cell, Capcom vs, Rallisport Challenge, and morrowind are the games you should pick up.

all of those games will be saweet for your collection.

i have all but capcom vs... and morrowind.

Highlite23
03-04-2003, 08:21 AM
As a right of passage, I think you need to get Halo.........believe the hype.

I wouold suggest variety to avoid repetativness.

Halo
Splinte Cell
DOA3
Project Gotham Racing OR RalliSport (Both $19.99 now!)

Welcome to the club and enjoy.:)

SkoalMint
03-04-2003, 09:21 AM
IMO, you definitely need to pick up Halo. As for the rest of them, alot depends on whether or not you will be getting XBL. If so, then I'd definitely get Ghost Recon. Hitman 2 was a great game, but I think you might have more fun with Splinter Cell as it at least supports downloadable content. As far as racing games go, again it depends on whether or not you're getting XBL. If you're getting XBL, you may want to wait until some of the online racers come out. Regadless, you have some great games listed there, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

JJaX
03-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Splinter cell is much better than Hitman2 and Metal gear combined.

If you have broadband, i suggest you get Xbox live.