PDA

View Full Version : It's Official KOTOR(XBox Version) has ben delayed to June

Knight
03-04-2003, 01:43 PM
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/splash.htm

I'm getting sick of delays. :mad: :mad:

VeNoMiZA
03-04-2003, 01:45 PM
good that they delayed it when i saw the video it reminded me of morrowind too gaddam much and i fuc*ing hate morrowind, who da hell wants to fight rats???

studepaber
03-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Yea that definitely sucks, I just found out (according to EB games if you wanna believe their date) that Phantasy Star Online was pushed back to 4/22 :mad: Thank goodness for Tao Feng and Zelda next month to keep me busy for awhile, I just hope they don't tack on another delay to Brute Force (now that we know it isnt going Live there shouldn't be another delay, right?)

MerimacHamwich
03-04-2003, 02:40 PM
I can almostgaruantee you will be disapointed with PSO. Anyway, yeah, the thing about fighting rats and stuff in Morrowind and other good games like that is this. You are just starting out to be an adventurer, thus you wouldn't be able to handle larger enemies. Ofcourse you are going to up your skills by killing smaller things first. That way when you get to the bigger badder harder enemies you will be able to survive. After you gain a level or two you start fighting harder things.

VeNoMiZA
03-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I can almostgaruantee you will be disapointed with PSO. Anyway, yeah, the thing about fighting rats and stuff in Morrowind and other good games like that is this. You are just starting out to be an adventurer, thus you wouldn't be able to handle larger enemies. Ofcourse you are going to up your skills by killing smaller things first. That way when you get to the bigger badder harder enemies you will be able to survive. After you gain a level or two you start fighting harder things. heh never thought of it that way, but cmon tell me the truth fighting rats is just lame :P

MerimacHamwich
03-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Its lame when you fight them when your character is good. When you are just starting out though it can be quite intense as the rat could very well kill you.
:)

studepaber
03-04-2003, 03:04 PM
I can almostgaruantee you will be disapointed with PSO.

What makes you say that? I played the Dreamcast version for hours upon end and found it highly addictive. With voice communication, additional character types & weapons and more levels this version should be so much better. Hopefully there won't be a way to dupe online but really I don't mind paying the monthly fee so uhhhhhhh how am I gonna be disappointed again? :confused:

MerimacHamwich
03-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Well, I was really disapointed with it on DreamCast. I found it incredibly lame how linear the game was. I also was extremely aggravated with how enemies respawn in the exact same spot you killed them after you leave the area. So evertime you pass through an area where there was enemies to begin with you have to kill the exact same enemies. The rest of the game was ok. There is also absolutely no logical reason for Sega to charge any sort of fee. For those reasons I expect many people would be disapointed.

studepaber
03-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Well, I was really disapointed with it on DreamCast. I found it incredibly lame how linear the game was.

Doh! I wouldn't say the game is THAT linear. You have the option to progress in the levels to gain experience, to look for a HUGE list of items/armor/weapons/mags. On top of that there are several quests you have at your disposal (along with downloadable ones as well) and for the most part everytime you log on you play with different players of different classes/races to make your PSO unique most of the time. Well enough of my rant on this game, back to KOTOR....Galaxies for PC comes out soon doesn't it? I guess that will have to fulfill my Star Wars needs until KOTOR eventually comes out :D

shrew king
03-04-2003, 08:14 PM
I'd rather get the best possible version of the game than some buggy one. If they are delaying it, it's for a reason.

Hitman101
03-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
Yea that definitely sucks, I just found out (according to EB games if you wanna believe their date) that Phantasy Star Online was pushed back to 4/22 :mad: Thank goodness for Tao Feng and Zelda next month to keep me busy for awhile, I just hope they don't tack on another delay to Brute Force (now that we know it isnt going Live there shouldn't be another delay, right?)

Don't forget about Return To Castle Wolfienstien which could be out by the end of the month.

bob808
03-04-2003, 11:52 PM
My thoughts exactly.
Morrowind rocks by the way. I probably had more fun (and definatly more game play hours) with it than halo. and halo was/is thi shiznit! just like Xbox! Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait and wait I will.

MerimacHamwich
03-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
Doh! I wouldn't say the game is THAT linear. You have the option to progress in the levels to gain experience, to look for a HUGE list of items/armor/weapons/mags. On top of that there are several quests you have at your disposal (along with downloadable ones as well) and for the most part everytime you log on you play with different players of different classes/races to make your PSO unique most of the time. Well enough of my rant on this game, back to KOTOR....Galaxies for PC comes out soon doesn't it? I guess that will have to fulfill my Star Wars needs until KOTOR eventually comes out :D

I don't think those things you said makes a game open ended. The game is just as linear as Final Fantasy. You can only do things you want to a certain extent. Open endedness is when you can do what you want, when you want, how you want. In PSO you have "rails" or set paths that you must follow and the world is always the same, it never changes much. It isn't an extremely linear game but it is linear. It is also about as much of an MMORPG as Ghost Recon.

studepaber
03-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Don't forget about Return To Castle Wolfienstien which could be out by the end of the month.

I think that was pushed back to early May. When it does come out it should be the best Live FPS out, for awhile at least.

Shadow20002
03-05-2003, 10:43 AM
I want to get this game...delay again ? That's ok to come on June, time for vacation, a lot of time to play game... :cool:

Stormlord
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
I don't think those things you said makes a game open ended. The game is just as linear as Final Fantasy. You can only do things you want to a certain extent. Open endedness is when you can do what you want, when you want, how you want. In PSO you have "rails" or set paths that you must follow and the world is always the same, it never changes much. It isn't an extremely linear game but it is linear. It is also about as much of an MMORPG as Ghost Recon.

I played it and yeah it was linear but there were side quests. What Po'ed me was that when I reached the dragon in the first dungeon, I had to fight on my own. I wanted to get it online to get some buddies to take down the dragon but didn't know how to get my DC online. So I was stuck. I just hope that Sega has one of those pre-paid cards so I don't have to use a CC. My parents get angry whenever I ask to use their CC on stuff for games. Well I'm turning 17 tomorrow so hopefully they can trust me enough to approve me for one. ;) :D :)