03-04-2003, 03:27 PM
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/ben/Images/PGR2_01.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/ben/Images/PGR2_02.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/ben/Images/PGR2_03.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/ben/Images/PGR2_04.jpg

Have a nice Xbox filled day.:cool:

MerimacHamwich
03-04-2003, 03:30 PM
The cars look great again but I am disapointed to see that they didn't make the backgrounds look better. The buildings are still basically flat boxes with poor texture work.

OuFtb
03-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Looks good, but I was wondering when is it going to come out. Is there a comfired relese date for it or is it unkown.

LTM360
03-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
The cars look great again but I am disapointed to see that they didn't make the backgrounds look better. The buildings are still basically flat boxes with poor texture work.

I couldn't agree more, looks like design is going only to cars. Let's hope they throw more textures into the background. The trees are pretty bad, and likewise with the dull buildings.

Snoopy7548
03-04-2003, 05:39 PM
this game looks awesome. i hope its as good as the original. i hope that add more cars, like more ferraris and porsches and more lotuses. and if they add lamborghinis that would be sooooo awesome

tennyson
03-04-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm a huge PGR fan, but I have to agree that only the cars really look promising. It's going to be a few months for the developers to brush-up the backgrounds, though.

After playing Apex, PGR2 is going to have to be REALLY visually impressive to take the lead.

bob808
03-05-2003, 12:54 AM
what would u rate apex compaired to say... segagt? better or worse? I was thinking bout picking this one up but haven't played it yet.

tennyson
03-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by bob808
what would u rate apex compaired to say... segagt? better or worse? I was thinking bout picking this one up but haven't played it yet.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Sega GT in person yet, so i couldn't make a choice. I haven't put Apex down thoguh since I got it.

JJaX
03-05-2003, 10:09 AM
I thought PGR was a cool game and all. But the collisions were weak, and when your ran into a wall or guard rail it had a bounce effect. You couldnt get your car to roll etc...

I wish they could could combine the beauty of PGR with the collisions of something like San fransico Rush and RUSH 2049.

Snoopy7548
03-05-2003, 10:12 AM
rallisport had good collisions

JJaX
03-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
rallisport had good collisions

Ralisport was an amazing racing game....

The collisions were good, until you tried running into each other dead on. Plus when you ran off the road they should have let your car just die and keep going until it blew up, or you came to a complete stop. The barrier in which the game would reset you back onto the track was far to shallow.

But still a great game!

MerimacHamwich
03-05-2003, 10:34 AM
I am with double J to the ax on this one.

Rallisport is one of the best Racing games ever. However, there were a few little things they could improve on. Lets hope Rallisport 2 improves upon these and solidifes itself as a top 10 racer of all time. One thing he didn't mention that I wished would be in there is a Rally career. A career that had sponsor options and everything. You have to buy a car at first but then as you progress companies offer you a contract to race for them. Then they will provide you with a vehicle and money for repairs. The upgrading and tweaking comes from the money you earn from races though. Ofcourse upgrading would be very limited due to the regulations of the Rally circuit. Maybe you wouldn't buy a car, then that would eliminate the problem of money. You would just have a choice of 5 or so crappier vehicles. Anyhow, if you start placing bad on a regular basis and your sponsor doesn't like the direction you are heading in, they can drop you. From there you can hope to get another sponsor or else try and make your way with a crappy rally car again.

JJaX
03-05-2003, 10:39 AM
Yeah my Cuz sold Ralisport, and i sold PGR :(

I dont have any racing games now, except my Moto Gp demo.

I should have held on to those games huh?

Viper87227
03-05-2003, 09:47 PM
I really don't care about collisions beause I try not to hit things when I race ;)

MerimacHamwich
03-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Yeah my Cuz sold Ralisport, and i sold PGR :(

I dont have any racing games now, except my Moto Gp demo.

I should have held on to those games huh?

Yeah, Rallisport especially. PGR was good but I got frustrated with it at a point. I just couldn't beat anymore "levels." I traded it off, I kinda want it back. I have SEGA GT 2002 and it is alright. I would like having Rallisport the most though.

shrew king
03-05-2003, 10:43 PM
The buildings still look like crap. Cars are looking good though.

Either way I won't be picking it up.

Master Gracey
03-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Those backgrounds look totally identical to one of the levels in the original! Did they make new levels or just rehash the old?

MerimacHamwich
03-05-2003, 11:57 PM
I am beginning to think they aren't changing anything for this game. Maybe imroving the graphics a tad and adding in Live but that is it. My interest in the game is at an all time low.

Unreal
03-06-2003, 05:31 PM
Im buying the game. There is still plenty of time to work on the backgrounds.

l Maximus l
03-07-2003, 02:34 AM
PGR2 on XBox Live is going to seriously rock...Can't wait

GokuX
03-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Being able to play against others over Live coupled with even a tad better graphics should be enough to keep fans of the original happy, which I am. IMO the live alone would almost be good enough for me, as long as the number of racers could exceed four unlike the system multiplayer in the original. Also I thought the whole point of the graphical revamping for PGR2 was to improve the backgrounds majorly from what they were in the original--this is what I've seen whenever I've read something concerning PGR2.

JJaX
03-07-2003, 08:43 AM
I really dont think something like the textures of the backround would stop me from getting this.

I play the game to race, not park and stare at a building.

GokuX
03-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I really dont think something like the textures of the backround would stop me from getting this.

I play the game to race, not park and stare at a building.

No joke. I only vaguely remember the backgrounds and when I was playing the game they certainly didn't disgust me.

l Maximus l
03-08-2003, 02:06 AM
All I can say is, when the D.D.C. gets behind the wheel, all others might as well as park your ride...you're going to get smoked ;)

No Fear 23
03-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
All I can say is, when the D.D.C. gets behind the wheel, all others might as well as park your ride...you're going to get smoked ;)

yo big mouth, watch what u say. im a big PGR fan and i still play that game. (havent even finish it yet)

what do u know? u think u can take everybody?:rolleyes:

lol, wait till i get behind the wheels of pgr 2 and u'll see whos smokin who ;)

gotta love trash talkin :) but hey, we gotta wait 1 more year till that game comes out. in the mean time, we got midtown madness 3 coming out soon :)