PDA

View Full Version : Ghouls 'N Ghosts Online

DZNUTZ
03-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Ghouls 'N Ghosts Online
A classic game gets a major boost thanks to Terazona.

March 03, 2003 - This just in: The online revolution has arrived. Sure, thousands of gamers have flocked to the online services available for all three next-gen consoles, but no one was sure "online" had truly arrived. The proof came with Capcom's announcement of a Ghouls 'N Ghosts Massively Multiplayer Online Game, in development for all three consoles. A major company putting a retro game online for all three platforms in a sign that the online console age has truly arrived.
Though online play is expected for all three platforms, it does not mean you can hop on your Xbox and play against your buddy on your PS2, so keep dreaming.

Developer Game Factory will use the Terazona Network Engine to allow gamers to play together online. No details on gameplay or the online interface were announced. However, many important folks were jabbering about the announcement.

"We are very proud to be associated with one of the classic game series of all time," states Monte Singman, CEO of Zona, Inc. "Ghouls 'N Ghosts was technically and visually ahead of its time when released by Capcom in 1988. Very soon thousands of concurrent online game players will enjoy the same kind of fun video game entertainment within a fast, seamless, and reliable game play environment."
Charlotte Chiang, President of Game Factory, had this to say:

"Terazona is simply the most complete solution on the market today. With Terazona, Game Factory will be able to focus on what we do the best -- make games, and we can shorten our time-to-market, and reduce the development cost and risk. Terazona is the best choice for us."
Not to be outdone, Yoshiki Okamoto, Chief Operating Officer Senior managing Director Production Studios Capcom, said:

"As a member of Capcom, I am really pleased and excited to hear that the talented creators of Game Factory are going to work on MMOG based on our Ghouls 'N Ghosts. I am looking forward to playing the MMOG version of Ghouls 'N Ghosts by Game Factory. Bet it's gonna be a legend!"
We'll have more on Ghouls 'N Ghosts new online incarnation as soon as it becomes available. We promise.

-- IGN

Master Gracey
03-04-2003, 05:32 PM
That was one of my fav games when I was a kid!!! When I was 10, my mom and stepdad were both on their company's softball team, and the park they played at had a Ghouls And Ghosts machine... I'd probably be $1000 richer now if it wasn't for that.

Zen
03-04-2003, 07:33 PM
They really should make a game where Xbox and Ps2 players could battle with and more importantly... gainst each other...

Each others packaging shoudl have something like:

Ps2 package...

You blue sissy's are to afraid to buy me... and challlenge a REAL gamer... course with enhanced graphics processing, it might not be fair for you

Xbox Package...

Come and show us how much better your #2 console/waste of money really is... Or is that controller to heavy??

You know... rattle the cages a bit... i think a game like that would take off

JJaX
03-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Ghouls N ghost is awesome!

I got the damn music in my head now!

Remember the 1st level on the genesis,

Daaaaan Dooon dooon do daneh daneh daneh do

Daaaaan Dooon dooon do daneh daneh daneh do

JJax passes out

DZNUTZ
03-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Dz picks up the one and a half empty bottles of wine coolers next to jjax's unconcious body and shakes his head at him in utter disgust

Stormlord
03-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Cool find DZNUTZ. What do you think it'll be? An RPG, Action/Adventure or hack n slash? I wouldn't care because Ghouls was one of my favorite games. Even when playing it was no longer cool I played. The damndest thing is that I never could beat it. Oh well I just pick up a GBA version and try again. :cool: :D :) :D

Yannie Boy
03-05-2003, 07:29 PM
yes the game was a classic of time but i never liked the game since you were able to die within 2 hits........but it was addictive, no matter the fact

canadianboi3
03-05-2003, 07:51 PM
I remember playing this game...I think. If i remember it was really fun, that would be great to play online against PS2'ers on games like NFL2K3. And on the scoreboards they should have a "Xbox record, and a PS2 record" see what system has more winners. I can dream right?

JJaX
03-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
yes the game was a classic of time but i never liked the game since you were able to die within 2 hits........but it was addictive, no matter the fact

That was one of the best parts...

The challenge of it. You had armor, and if you opened the 2 treasure chest you get the special armor and were able to power up and junk. And if you ever got hit youd be running arounf in your boxers.

I've beaten Ghouls N ghost and Super Gouls N ghost. Both great games and worth checking out.

Brevity
03-06-2003, 07:21 AM
I am playing Maximo now and its ok. I wonder just how good this will be?

DZNUTZ
03-06-2003, 12:45 PM
in all honestly..while the originals were a classic.

maximo ..while i heard was a great platformer was not my cup of tea.

i'm not to excited bout the online annoucment

l Maximus l
03-08-2003, 03:16 PM
I wonder how it will work. Is this going to be on XBox Live? I guess they'll have to create different formats for each on-line console.

Eventhough I was a huge fan of the original Ghouls N Ghosts, I don't know, at this point, if I'll pick it up or not. I seriously hate ports. I'd rather a game be disigned for the applicable console to it's fullest extent.

Flame me if you will, but, I think that's how these 3rd party companies need to do it to increase their reputation as game developers.

Think about it for a moment. What makes Gamecube so popular? Because Nintendo Game Development Studios make the most bad ass games for that console. And, Halo for XBox is F'n brilliant. 3rd party companies need to step up the bar in regards to non-exclusive games and make versions of each game that is best suited for the console. I know that they do this already (take Wreckless, for example), however, the extent in which they do it is not quite enough. It's improving, though.