PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Damage?

HaloMasterVI
03-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Anyway, I'm on my 2nd Xbox now, the first one blew up because of a Pelican Trick controller created a short, Pelican bought me a new Xbox.

So I loan my G/F my Xbox over night, she DROPS MY XBOX DOWN HER FRONT DOOR STEPS...something is rattling inside and a chunk is missing out a bottom corner...believe it or not, everything works fine!

My question is, what's the most screwed up thing that has happened to not only your XBox , but any console?

Gotenks7233
03-05-2003, 10:50 AM
I've had 3 Xbox's so far. My first xbox was deffective so i had to trade it in for a new one. Then 2 months after i got my new xbox a dvd got stuck in it. I couldn't get it out so i brought it to best buy. They had to rip my xbox apart to get the disk out. Now i have a brand new xbox and i have to beat all my games over again.

Snake Eyez
03-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Nothing has ever happened to any of my video game systems. Well, my old Nintendo required the two game trick thing to get it to work sometimes.

MerimacHamwich
03-05-2003, 11:42 AM
My Dreamcast. It worked fine for a long time, well more like 6 months. Then my bro's and I lent it to our friend becuase we got the Xbox. He had to walk home in the cold of winter with it. Anyway, he said when he got it home it didn't work right, which is very plausable as most electronics should be out in subzero temperatures. Anyhow, from then on I had to kinda "sex it up" in order to get it to work. I would open up the disc try lid. There was this IDE cable sort of thing going to the laser. I would just rub the cable with my finger a couple times and boom, the Dreamcast would boot up and read any game.

Kraft
03-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
My Dreamcast. It worked fine for a long time, well more like 6 months. Then my bro's and I lent it to our friend becuase we got the Xbox. He had to walk home in the cold of winter with it. Anyway, he said when he got it home it didn't work right, which is very plausable as most electronics should be out in subzero temperatures. Anyhow, from then on I had to kinda "sex it up" in order to get it to work. I would open up the disc try lid. There was this IDE cable sort of thing going to the laser. I would just rub the cable with my finger a couple times and boom, the Dreamcast would boot up and read any game.

That's odd... electronics are supposed to work better at cooler temperatures. Allows electricity to flow more easily through wires and boards. Actually I just got done fixing my DC as it quit reading games, but it was just a matter of re-calibrating the laser.

The worst thing I've ever seen happen to a video game system is my friend's genesis back in the day: he accidentally dropped it down a flight of stairs. Casing was destroyed and neither of us had any money... but we DID have a piece of plywood and duct tape. Needless to say our sega board worked just fine.

MerimacHamwich
03-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Haha, Sega board. That's great.

carlbme
03-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
That's odd... electronics are supposed to work better at cooler temperatures. Allows electricity to flow more easily through wires and boards.

While this is true, you also have to think about electronics going from subzero temperatures to normal temps quickly. This generally leads to condensation which is not good for electronics.

Rochey69r
03-05-2003, 11:55 PM
some guy on here postedages ago that he was gettin an xbox for christmas (he looked in his parents closet). and he would get it out and play it all day until they got home from work which he would ack t up and wait again till the next day. one day it wouldnt read a disc properly and he felt the back of the xbox and it was red hot. so he put it in the FREEZER to cool it down. he left it there for about 5 mins then took it out and the thing wouldnt even start.

LMFAO!!

i wonder if someone could dig it up?

:)

Xbox Owner
03-06-2003, 07:47 AM
my dad spilt coffee on my psx a long time ago..

yup.. i was pretty mad

..got a new one though

canadianboi3
03-06-2003, 09:34 AM
My dad kicked a hunk out of my old NES. He was coming in from work, and he was carrying groceries and didn't see it, stepped on top of it, and it crumbled.