PDA

View Full Version : EA KILLZ yet Another Great Game Developer (sad sad day for xboxers)

Hitman101
03-06-2003, 06:08 PM
DICE (Digital illusion) has canned Rallysport challenge 2 and the last game they will work with Microsoft with is Midtown madness 3. Ea that has bought a piece of DICE is almost certainly responsible. Instead of Rallysport 2, DICE will make a new game exklusive for Playstation 2 in cooperation with EA. I HATE EA and i will never ever buy a single more game from them. I love Rallysport and really looked forward to the next installment that would have been LIVE to. (SAD VERY VERY SAD). :(

Sourcewww.dice.se (http://www.dice.se)

Kraft
03-06-2003, 06:10 PM
I want to know what the hell EA has against microsoft, because there is a huge difference between developing more for one platform than for another, and EA's current practice of screwing the Xbox crowd.

mrmp3
03-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Man Rallisport was my first Xbox game I really enjoyed. The sequel woulda been top notch. I haven't played it yet but I heard Colin Mcrae is good. None the less, EA still sux for this and this is why I don't buy anything EA. True they got a good engine with their sports games, but the little tweaks are getting old on me (excluding MVP Baseball which looks awesome) and everything on Xbox by them that is non-sports is well..sub par. However, I don't think EA totally hates Xbox. Isn't that Men of Valor game Xbox Live? It was some Xbox game forgot what it was. Signing off...

Knight
03-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by mrmp3
However, I don't think EA totally hates Xbox. Isn't that Men of Valor game Xbox Live? It was some Xbox game forgot what it was. Signing off...

EA doesn't have any thing to do with Men of Valor.
So EA can't F this game up.
The developer is 2015 same ones that made Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES AND 2015 ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF MEN OF VALOR: VIETNAM

BELLEVUE, WA (January 22, 2003) - Last year, 2015 released one of the more exceptional World War II first person shooters - Medal of Honor Allied Assaultâ„¢ - on January 22, 2002. On the anniversary of that release, Vivendi Universal Games announced today the development of Men of Valor: Vietnamâ„¢ for the PC and the Xbox (video game system from Microsoft. Men of Valor: Vietnam, developed by 2015, Inc. and published by Sierra Entertainment, is a historical first-person shooter that portrays infantry combat during the Vietnam War. Combining the latest Unreal technology with the gameplay expertise of 2015, Men of Valor transports the player to the humid jungles of Southeast Asia in the most controversial conflict of the modern era.
"With Medal of Honor Allied Assault, 2015 took steps towards developing a new type of first- person shooter that highlighted the excitement and danger of military conflict during World War II. Rather than place the player in the role of a traditional first-person shooter, the player was made to experience the vulnerability and heroism of the soldier taking part in a great crusade," said Tom Kudirka, President, 2015, Inc. "In the same way, Men of Valor: Vietnam aims to recreate the tension, risk, and excitement of the jungle battlefields of the Vietnam War."

The storyline follows the player through the major actions in the conflict, from search and destroy missions around Danang airbase to the Tet offensive and the counterattack on Hue. A cast of AI controlled characters accompanies the player through the missions, and he learns their value and mourns their loss as the war progresses. The game will support a cooperative mode that allows the player to experience the entire tour of duty with his friends, and various multiplayer modes allow the player to experience the war from the perspective of North Vietnamese Army or Viet Cong guerillas as well as US Forces.

Men of Valor: Vietnam will be available in 2004 on Xbox and PC with an ESRB rating pending.

About Xbox
Xbox is Microsoft's future-generation video game system that delivers the most powerful games experiences ever. Xbox empowers game artists by giving them the technology to fulfill their creative visions as never before, creating games that blur the lines between fantasy and reality. Xbox is now available in the continents of North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.

About 2015
2015, Inc., is a cutting edge game development company specializing in 3D action games. The Company's goal is to create the next generation of innovative and exciting action games, introducing more strategy, adventure and interaction to the 3D gaming experience. 2015 was founded in 1997 by its President and CEO, Tom Kudirka and is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

About Sierra
Sierra Entertainment, Inc., a studio of Vivendi Universal Games, is one of the earliest developers and largest worldwide publishers of interactive entertainment software. Based in Bellevue, Washington, Sierra has released critically acclaimed and award-winning titles that represent a wide variety of computer entertainment on game consoles and PC platforms.

About Vivendi Universal Games
Headquartered in New York, Vivendi Universal Games is a global leader in multi-platform interactive entertainment. A leading publisher of PC, console and online-based interactive content, Vivendi Universal Games' portfolio of development studios includes Black Label Games, Blizzard Entertainment, Coktel, Knowledge Adventure, NDA Productions, Sierra Entertainment and Universal Interactive. Through its Partner Publishing Group, Vivendi Universal Games also co-publishes and/or distributes interactive products for a number of strategic partners, including Bits Software, Crave Entertainment, Fox Interactive, Interplay, Majesco, Mythic Entertainment and Simon & Schuster, among others. Xbox is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

http://www.vugames.com/vug/news_story.do?storyId=55

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=12324

Xbox Owner
03-06-2003, 06:38 PM
jesus

Shadow20002
03-06-2003, 06:48 PM
It's ok for me. We will have Midtown Madness 3 in summer, Project Gotham Racing 2 in winter or early of 2004. These ones will keep me busy for a while. ;)

wweomaniac
03-06-2003, 06:56 PM
I hate to say I told you so a month ago this was going to happen.

Anyone remember me thread? thats right... u all remember!

MerimacHamwich
03-06-2003, 07:04 PM
BAH!
My hatred of EA just went from 100% to 2000%. I was really looking forward to Rallisport Challenge 2. I hope EA dies and burns in hell, REALLY soon. Dice is one of the BEST devlopers out there. They make really high quality products, unfortunately, from now on they will be making subpar products. I wish I could somehow destroy EA.

shrew king
03-06-2003, 07:06 PM
I loved Rallisport, it would have been great on Live. I have joined you EA haters.

Hitman101
03-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Well, at least well get MM3. I just can't wait to jump in to that H2 Hummer.:cool:

MerimacHamwich
03-06-2003, 08:09 PM
I don't think Midtown Madness even compares to Rallisport challenge. Definetly not graphically.

carlbme
03-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Well isn't this just a B*TCH

EDIT: I don't see anywhere on their site where it says that they canceled RSC2. I'm going to email them and see what they say about it.

# 1 Stunner
03-06-2003, 08:59 PM
yeah ea,is a biitch.:(

Dark Enemy
03-06-2003, 09:09 PM
**** EA TO HELL:mad: MAn i wanted rallisport really bad :( :mad:

Master Gracey
03-06-2003, 09:47 PM
How prophetic! Here's what I wrote just two days ago in my excite comment about EA's upcoming Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun...

"Hang on for the ride, and don't bend over to pick up the soap... EA is watching."

Only I gave it an excite score of 3. Now it's definitely a 1. :mad:

ARONO129
03-06-2003, 10:15 PM
I didn't notice anywhere on the site where it mentions that Rallisport Challange2 was cancelled but if EA is involved I don't doubt it. Maybe Sony is paying EA to try and sink the Xbox?

VeNoMiZA
03-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I didn't notice anywhere on the site where it mentions that Rallisport Challange2 was cancelled but if EA is involved I don't doubt it. Maybe Sony is paying EA to try and sink the Xbox? i think thats what is going on.

MerimacHamwich
03-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
Maybe Sony is paying EA to try and sink the Xbox?

That reallyis the only logical explanation to this whole situation. Industrial Espionage. If EA was just money hungry then they would at least put all of thier games on every system. Not to mention they would probably make them the best they could for each system becuase then that would attract more buyers. However, they are only making games for certain systems at certain times. Then when they bring games from a worse system to a better one they don't optimize it for the better system and in most cases the game runs worse on the better system, which is absolutely illogical. EA is by far the worst videogame company ever to have existed. I truly wish that their stock crashes tomorow and they have to claim bankruptcy and liquidate all aqcuisitions. Which would then mean that companies like Microsoft could take over the good companies like DICE and put out some truly amazing products like they have in the past. Rallisport for instance.

VenoM
03-06-2003, 11:58 PM
this sucks :( i didnt buy part 1 thinking i'll wait for online play on part 2 and now its not going to happen??:confused:

Buccaneer21
03-07-2003, 02:14 AM
I have joined the I hate EA club. :mad:

dpg50000
03-07-2003, 06:54 AM
Either Microsoft have upset E.A. , or Sony or paying E.A. a shedload of money to ruin the Xbox. I'm not normally given to conspiracy theories, but when you read this story, and the announcement they have made regarding the Gamecube (see http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8183 - no mention of the Xbox at all ), well you have to wonder.....

To be perfectly honest, my next console isn't going to be a Microsoft one. No matter how technically superior the box is, Sony's business acumen and strong lead will win out. Sad really.

(What really annoys me is how there doesn't seem to be room for all three consoles. Why the helll not? I remember the mid 80's, Spectrum, Commodore 64, and to a lesser extent the Amstrad. All co-existed in harmony, with most major releases on all three. Rarely, if ever, were there crappy ports from an inferior machine. Each version of the game was usually written from the ground up and tailored to the target machines hardware. Could you have imagined the uproar in 1986 if a Commodore 64 game came with a beep-beep single channel soundtrack, ported from the Spectrum!).

RudedogX
03-07-2003, 09:24 AM
dpg, all you're doing there is letting Sony win out, and if you seriously think that MS can not conduct espionage with the best of them, I guess you don't remember what they did to Apple back in the day by ripping off their OS and recreating it as Windows. Oh well, another tragedy of EA. This is one game that I was looking for to a great deal since I absolutely loved the original. Now we will never see it. After 1942 went by the way-side, I had my concerns with EA. After this latest fiasco, where EA knew that the truly hardcore gamers were looking forward to this game, it has become more evident that MS has to find away to not only undermine EA, but Sony as well. I don't think they'll have trouble doing it, but when the new systems come out...it will all be even ground assuming that all of the systems come out at the same time. Though, one big difference between MS and the other systems...MS will already have a proven foothold in the online market place with Live, where as Sony still has yet to really prove anything with theirs, and Gamecube...well, there is none.

XBOX MSSC
03-07-2003, 09:48 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p8059fc85b1c648f9613f8ee339e3735d/fc8a6a48.gif

^%&% EA! :MAD:

LynxFX
03-07-2003, 11:10 AM
My avitar will never change now.

XBOX MSSC
03-07-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
My avitar will never change now.

here is mine...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p4fbd4d4312282ea74be5d61c1829848c/fc8a465f.gif

LynxFX
03-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
here is mine...

225KB is a tad large wouldn't you say. ;)

TheCovenant
03-07-2003, 03:19 PM
although i wasnt really looking forward to ralisport challenge 2, i have hated EA for quite awhile now. REALLY HATE THEM.

and anyone who has upseted a fellow clan member, upsets the clan.

Damn you EA. DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyCougar
03-07-2003, 03:38 PM
I find this so funny..LOL..there is still EA titles I will buy. This crap really doesnt bother me. If I like a game I'll buy it regardless of the developer, console, etc... No big deal really.

XBOX MSSC
03-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
225KB is a tad large wouldn't you say. ;)

yeah, it is. i'm working on a new one. ;)

SiGuy
03-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Proud owner of no EA games. Cant let EA get you down. XBOX has lots of great game developers so EA and Sony can both go F*ck themselves

Afro Aura
03-15-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm just wondering but couldn't MS just buy the publishing rights for RS2 as I'm sure thats all EA are doing with it?

Koopa
03-16-2003, 02:10 AM
hey, maybe they'll give the new MoH Live support :rolleyes:
i hope to god they don't buy out vivendi or sega.

Qbas
03-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
I'm just wondering but couldn't MS just buy the publishing rights for RS2 as I'm sure thats all EA are doing with it?
I don't think that is possible unless EA would sell it to MS, but it seems EA and MS are at odds with each other.

fowlowl
03-18-2003, 04:48 PM
Dont worry ya'll, Microsoft will one day just buy out EA and we'll have the last laugh.

Shadow Fox
03-18-2003, 05:04 PM
I knew I wasn't crazy when I thought I saw alot of "anti-EA" avatars and sigs around here...

WTF? Rallisport is the best racer besides GT3 IMO, and THE BEST looking racer to-date. IMO it's the best looking game on Xbox technically, and the sequel's cancelled?

Now this is a major blow; I was saving up cash for this game. While I don't hate EA for doing their business, I'm totally ****ed that one of the best racers around won't live past its first game.:mad:

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Ninja Scroll
03-19-2003, 09:49 AM
I have still yet to see a link with a respected source deliver this info.
Maybe I need to go look myself.

Oh, Lynx & MSSC- classic avators fellas, my favorite here I must say.

And I am also a proud gamer who has never, .. eeeeeeeeever purchased an EA game in my life.

I have hated dem fools ever since they screwed Sega over with da Sega Saturn.:mad:

But think fellas, PRG2 will be XBL compatible, and though it's not Rally game it is destined to be a classic!;)

Snoopy7548
03-19-2003, 02:03 PM
wtf. this is ***. rallisport was such an awesome game. a sequel would have been awesome. i hate ea. im never buying any of their games again. lol i think that ive only bought 1 ea game in my whole life. and that was a crappy soccer game. lol. yea, so ea sucks.

l Maximus l
03-19-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm rarely impressed by an EA game as is...atleast on a console. On the PC, I must say, they definately can pull off some sweet games only because they build the games for the PC. However, one of my biggest gripes about EA is that they never have made a game that fully utilizes the XBox. They only fully utilize the PoS2 and then port it over to the XBox.

So, not buying an EA game for XBox is no big loss to me. I'd rather stick with awesome game developers like Ubisoft, for example.

Shadow Fox
03-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
So, not buying an EA game for XBox is no big loss to me. I'd rather stick with awesome game developers like Ubisoft, for example. So, you're getting Rayman 3, Maximus? Or are you just getting the rest of the Tom Clancy games?

If I'm not mistaken, UbiSoft's only game made specifically for the Xbox was Splinter Cell, so wouldn't they be in the same boat as EA devving from the PS2 first and porting?:confused:

Koopa
03-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
So, you're getting Rayman 3, Maximus? Or are you just getting the rest of the Tom Clancy games?

If I'm not mistaken, UbiSoft's only game made specifically for the Xbox was Splinter Cell, so wouldn't they be in the same boat as EA devving from the PS2 first and porting?:confused:

they gave us the best console version of ghost recon by using xbox's strenghts, in this case its online plans.

Shadow Fox
03-20-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
they gave us the best console version of ghost recon by using xbox's strenghts, in this case its online plans. I wouldn't call that dated port "using Xbox's strengths" exactly...:confused:

If that was the case, then every XBL game has, including mediocre ports of NBA 2k3 and Clone Wars...:(

RudedogX
03-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Just for those that didn't see MSSC's response to this thread in his own thread...

Rallisport2 not cancelled (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33135):)

Shadow Fox
03-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks, rudedogx.