PDA

View Full Version : Can you connect XBox to a PC Monitor?

Cannibal Corpse
11-30-2001, 04:11 AM
If so, then I guess you can enjoy the Progressive Scan feature of the games. Since PC Monitors have this feature built in. (my 'old' 36" Sony KV-36XBR250 TV set does not have PS Feature, that is why I am interested to see what is the big deal and difference between PS and non PS visaul)

EliGC
11-30-2001, 06:58 AM
You need a video card that has a TV Tuner, there are very few of them on the market but you can get some of them for a very cheap price. Look up ATI's All-In-Wonder card.

LynxFX
11-30-2001, 12:50 PM
Just buy a $40 I/O Magic PVR tv tuner card from Compusa. Feed the card video via svideo or composit or you can use an RFU adaptor/modulator.

Run the program Dscaler and you will now be able to line double and take full advantage of the 480p output of the Xbox and 1080i once available.

It will be hard to make an actual comparison between the progressivescan on the pc monitor versus that of your TV because you will most likely be scaling the video on the monitor unless you run a resolution of 720x480. This is where the program Dscaler comes in handy. It is probably the best scaler for the pc and it is free.