PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Broke... AGAIN!

bbchs_trash
03-07-2003, 08:42 AM
How many damned times will this thing crap out on me? I mean I've sent it too them like 4 times now.

1) Said there was nothing wrong.

2) Fixed... no reason stated.

3) Fixed... no reason stated.

4) We will find out.

Yesterday I went to watch a movie. I popped it in and turned me TV on to get a:

Your Xbox has an internal problem please contact customer support.

The light on the front was flashing red and green... so I'm not real sure what the problem was.

We will find out soon enough though. Damn that ****es me off. I guess I will be playing a lot of Gamecube for now... figures... right when all the baseball games come out... grrrr.

VeNoMiZA
03-07-2003, 11:25 AM
wait did you make sure that the power plug is connected all the way in? sounds like a power problem to me but im no technician :D

ScorpionX
03-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Well if you keep sending it to them and it keeps breaking, then send it somewhere else, or try to repair it yourself :D

Supperdog
03-07-2003, 02:08 PM
maybe you should try not being a stupey head and bashed it with a cat, it would work

hey, you were so vague, anything could happen

lesson learned: be specific when axing for help

E Nomini Patri
03-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Dude, it isn't necessarily broken. That happened to me when I put a movie in, and I just took the movie out and put it back in. That was about 9 months ago, no problems since. Don't worry about it.

Discretion
03-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
Dude, it isn't necessarily broken. That happened to me when I put a movie in, and I just took the movie out and put it back in. That was about 9 months ago, no problems since. Don't worry about it.

So true right here. I had this problem on my friends XBOX and his now works just fine. Unless it keeps doing it, there shouldn't be a problem.

l Maximus l
03-08-2003, 01:45 AM
I find that when you exceed 300 posts, then, remarkably, your XBox will be in full swing ;)

jk...dude, that sucks. I've had mine since day one and not a glitch.

bbchs_trash
03-08-2003, 01:59 AM
I've had mine since day one... and I've had tons of errors... first in December 2001...

Be more specific?

What do you want his name? Xbox Name: Sneak

Hope that helps figure out the problem... I wasn't asking for answers... just letting the hate fumes out...

ScorpionX
03-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Be more specific as in-

Can you hear the DVD drive booting up or trying to read the disk?

Any wierd noises on the boot?

Cloud Strife
03-08-2003, 08:14 AM
I completly understand that situation. My Xbox was giving me several DDE from just after the 90 days warranty up mid December. I bought my system at launch. There was no way I was buying the warranty because I find them to be worthless and I wasn't paying $100 to get my system fixed. I called to get my Xbox fixed during the free repairs and got it fixed. A month later, my Xbox was giving me problems again and I had to sent it back in to get repaired again. That's why I won't play my Xbox much anymore because it has given me too many problems. I decided to buy most of my multi-platform games for another system because of that. My PS2, GC, DC, and Playstation worked absolutely perfectly. However, the PSX I bought at launch could only be used on a hard surface but I decided to buy a second PSX because I liked it so much.;)

xboxman_1
03-08-2003, 11:35 AM
^^^^^
Wow folks, the relevancy meter hit a new low on that one.

lol, j/k.

bbchs_trash
03-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah I can hear the thing trying to loud the discs. Some times... but when I got the error? No. Like Demo Discs from OXM really give it a reading disc hell. Xbox is the only system I have ever had trouble with... and it sucks because its the only system I have ever bought this many games for... I love my Sneak... but I'm about sick of him getting 'sick'.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 05:26 PM
The demo discs are notorious for not loading. THat is not the hardwares problem, it is the softwares. Apparently boiling the discs helps.

As for your problem. Do the regular check. Is there at least 1 inch of ventilation room all the way around your xbox (ofcourse not underneath)? Are all the cables plugged in properly and in good condition. Is your dvd drive making weird noises? Is the fan on your xbox working? If you slant it one way or another do you hear things clinking and clunking? Has anything been spilled on it? Has it been dropped? Has it been taken out in sub zero temperatures and re heated quickly? Has it been exposed to temperatures above 100 degrees farenhieght? Most likely if any and all of these things have happened to your Xbox is has bee permanently damaged.

OuFtb
03-08-2003, 06:04 PM
The problem has now happened to me. I was playing Metal Gear, which I got in crappy condition from ebgames, went through a door and it screwed up,it tryed to load and couldn't, then it started flashing orange and green and I turned it off. It has tryed to load and couldn't before but never flashing, I think its dead. I turned it on after I took everything out and it was still flashing, hopfully it was just a one time thing and it will fix itself. I have got DDE before but only with Metal Gear the other ones work fine. My problem is I have a total of 0 dollars to fix it, so if it is broke it turns into a 300 dollar piece of sh**. And all my games start to collect dust.

bbchs_trash
03-08-2003, 06:05 PM
No... my Xbox is like my baby... I wouldn't do that too it...

Edit:

Discretion... nice sig where did ya get it?

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
The problem has now happened to me. I was playing Metal Gear, which I got in crappy condition from ebgames, went through a door and it screwed up,it tryed to load and couldn't, then it started flashing orange and green and I turned it off. It has tryed to load and couldn't before but never flashing, I think its dead. I turned it on after I took everything out and it was still flashing, hopfully it was just a one time thing and it will fix itself. I have got DDE before but only with Metal Gear the other ones work fine. My problem is I have a total of 0 dollars to fix it, so if it is broke it turns into a 300 dollar piece of sh**. And all my games start to collect dust.

Once again a piece of software cannot, I repeat, cannot damage hardware. However, if it is coated with something then it can damage the laser and maybe the mechanisms involved with the DVD drive.

OuFtb
03-08-2003, 06:44 PM
I know it can't damage anything, and the game isn't the problem, it was the orange and green flashing that got me to the point were I said it is probably broke.After I turned it off, and waited, I turned it on agian and it was still flashing thats what scares me. I new it was going to happen some time(with my luck) just hope it works when I try it agian.

Also thanks for trying to help, with me or somone else.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Well, I have heard that the orange and green flashing means there is a power failure. That could mean that your cables are not connected properly, there is a problem with the xbox's power system or there is a problem with your power outlet. I also take it you have tried to put other discs in? Or did you just shut it off with the other disc in there and cannot get that disc out?

OuFtb
03-08-2003, 08:04 PM
I think it was a power failure thing, I unpluged it and waited for awhile, pluged it back in and it worked. I thought it was broke cause I was mad and it had been giving me some trouble before, and I was having a bad day, which results in bad things happening. I probably over reacted but hopfully it won't happen agian and thanks for the help, its nice how you can post somthing and people will gladly try and help.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 08:08 PM
No problem. I give what I can for the common and individual good.
:)

AlBoogy
03-09-2003, 12:16 PM
I made a post about the same problem a few months back. I was real po and if a friend of mine didn't exchange mine for free I would have given up on XBox altogether. Im on my third one right now and I bought the replacement plan for the new one. Good Luck.

bbchs_trash
03-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah... Xbox is the biggest pain in the ass I've ever dealt with...

Its playing fine now but I'm still going to send it to them... I mean I figure if I send it and they find one little bitty thing wrong they will fix it... and they better not delete my saves...

Last time I got it back they had put a new HALO save on there named 'Test'. I would like that job he gets to go through a level on games. He was on Legendary on mine... seems fun.

ShannonX
03-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I completly understand that situation. My Xbox was giving me several DDE from just after the 90 days warranty up mid December.

However, the PSX I bought at launch could only be used on a hard surface but I decided to buy a second PSX because I liked it so much.;)

if it was just after the 90 day warrenty, it would have expired the middle of February, not december. (november 15 --> December 15 (one month) --> January 15(two months) --> February 15(three months, aprox. 90 days) so your xbox couldn't have given you trouble till sometime in february.

and if you actually looked at the instruction manual for the xbox you would see, "place on a hard flat surface.....not carpet" or something close to that, maybe thats why mine has never had any problems. i dont let it touch the carpet.

Cloud Strife
03-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
if it was just after the 90 day warrenty, it would have expired the middle of February, not december. (november 15 --> December 15 (one month) --> January 15(two months) --> February 15(three months, aprox. 90 days) so your xbox couldn't have given you trouble till sometime in february.

and if you actually looked at the instruction manual for the xbox you would see, "place on a hard flat surface.....not carpet" or something close to that, maybe thats why mine has never had any problems. i dont let it touch the carpet. My Xbox was not on carpet. Ever since I had that problem with my first PSX, I never let any of my systems touch carpet. This is where my Xbox sits right now Link (http://www.angelfire.com/games5/nights_into_dreams/photo.html). My Xbox was in that place since day one. I even yell at my friends for placing their systems on carpet because it's not a good thing to do. I do keep my systems in perfect shape. I dust my system everyday and I treat my videogames and systems like they were my kids.

Let me get this straight. I bought my Xbox on 11/15/01. I started having some trouble with the system in March 2002. The problems continued on until I got mine fixed on December 2002. My Xbox was fixed over a year after I had the system so it wasn't in warranty. My Xbox broke again 30 days after I got mine repaired so I sent it back in.

MerimacHamwich
03-09-2003, 12:49 PM
My Xbox was not on carpet. Ever since I had that problem with my first PSX, I never let any of my systems touch carpet. This is where my Xbox sits right now Link (http://www.angelfire.com/games5/nights_into_dreams/photo.html). My Xbox was in that place since day one. I even yell at my friends for placing their systems on carpet because it's not a good thing to do. I do keep my systems in perfect shape. I dust my system everyday and I treat my videogames and systems like they were my kids.

Let me get this straight. I bought my Xbox on 11/15/01. I started having some trouble with the system in March 2002. The problems continued on until I got mine fixed on December 2002. My Xbox was fixed over a year after I had the system so it wasn't in warranty. My Xbox broke again 30 days after I got mine repaired so I sent it back in.

Yes... That makes less sense than Christopher Walken hired to read childrens books.

ShannonX
03-09-2003, 04:34 PM
My Xbox was not on carpet. Ever since I had that problem with my first PSX, I never let any of my systems touch carpet. This is where my Xbox sits right now Link (http://www.angelfire.com/games5/nights_into_dreams/photo.html). My Xbox was in that place since day one. I even yell at my friends for placing their systems on carpet because it's not a good thing to do. I do keep my systems in perfect shape. I dust my system everyday and I treat my videogames and systems like they were my kids.

you should have said that earlier instead of this:

I completly understand that situation. My Xbox was giving me several DDE from just after the 90 days warranty up mid December.

which sounds like your saying that your xbox was giving you DDE errors just after the 90 day warrenty was up in mid december. You should have said something like this: "My Xbox was giving me several DDE after my 90 day warrenty was up and kept doing it until mid December of last year"

At least you dont put your consoles on the carpet... good for you.