PDA

View Full Version : PS2 or GC



Torch
03-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Well?

canadianboi3
03-07-2003, 07:31 PM
I would pick PS2 over the "kiddie-cube" because of games like GTA over thing like Mario:rolleyes:

MerimacHamwich
03-07-2003, 08:32 PM
UIts actually hard to say. Hardware wise definetly the GameCube. However, if you are basing your decision on software then all you can do i read up on all future titles and see which ones interest you the most. Then whichever console has more exclusive software you are looking forward to, choose it.

Xbox still is the best though, there should be no question in any bodies mind.

The Informer
03-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
I would pick PS2 over the "kiddie-cube" because of games like GTA over thing like Mario:rolleyes:

Being a bit fanboyish aren't we now.

VenoM
03-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
I would pick PS2 over the "kiddie-cube" because of games like GTA over thing like Mario:rolleyes:

why do fanboys always have to compare games on ps2 like gta to something like mario or something that looks like something a little kid would enjoy??...why dont you mention the resident evil titles or eternal darkness???(and alot more games on the cube that are on the ps2 and xbox)...those games are on the cube, does that make them "kiddie":rolleyes: just cause a game is bright and colorful and is enjoyable to any age group does not make it "kiddie".........what ever happen to fun??...does fun not count anymore :confused: (id prefer monkeyball over gta cause of the fun factor anyday)and imo metroid craps on gta and all the games on the ps2....so i guess you can say id choose the gamecube over ps2 for sure ..........note i own all 3 systems so im no fanboy

Ito
03-07-2003, 09:42 PM
I dunno about you people, but I would pick the Gamecube over the PS2 any day.. :cool:

ScorpionX
03-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Get a GameCube, better graphics and 4-player games :D As mentioned before Metroid Prime is as good as GTA IMO and Zelda is coming out soon. :p

Xbox Owner
03-07-2003, 10:52 PM
PS2.

DVD's, Online Gaming, More Games, and simply more people have it.

xboxman_1
03-07-2003, 10:59 PM
DVD's,
I'm guessing he already has an xbox for this.


Online Gaming

PS2 online is not much better than GCN...games are just scarce right now obviously.


More Games

Quality over quantity, thats Nintendo's motto.


simply more people have it.

Why is that a good thing??

GCN all the way.

Xbox Owner
03-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Name one good thing about GC.

More people = more friends have it = more people to play with.

BTW, I don't really see any good games GC has right now, or I would of bought it. GTA makes me want to buy a PS2, even if it's one game.

Some people see Zelda as a "must buy" well, not for me, I never really got a chance to play the game. But IMO, it kind of looks trite.

I dunno, JMO.

MerimacHamwich
03-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Bah, PS2 and its game line up is way overhyped. I would personally prefer a GameCube.

xboxman_1
03-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Name one good thing about GC.

Well, okay, here I go:

Better graphics, nintendo exclusives, better controller, have never heard of one crapping out and needing repairing (unlike xbox and ps2), obvious coolness of the GBA link-ability, and now the *** as hell EA is collaborating with them to make 20 some odd games this year, with at least 4 being linkable to the GBA.

EDIT: BTW, this is JMO.

Xbox Owner
03-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Well, okay, here I go:

Better graphics, nintendo exclusives, better controller, have never heard of one crapping out and needing repairing (unlike xbox and ps2), obvious coolness of the GBA link-ability, and now the *** as hell EA is collaborating with them to make 20 some odd games this year, with at least 4 being linkable to the GBA.

EDIT: BTW, this is JMO.

Nintendo Exclusives.. like what? Mario?

Better Controller? lol..

BTW, no sega sports games, so have fun playing madden

xboxman_1
03-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Nintendo Exclusives.. like what? Mario?

Ya, and metroid, SSBM, and eternal darkness.


Better Controller? lol..

like i said, JMO.


BTW, no sega sports games, so have fun playing madden

I have an xbox.

Xbox Owner
03-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1




I have an xbox.

Yeah, but we're arguing what is better, PS2 or GC; so some one could be reading this without an Xbox trying to debate on this.

PS2:
-Online Gaming
-PS2 Exclusives
-Controller (small, but good)
-DVD Player
-EA's support (go figure?)
-Owned in many homes

Gamecube:
-Nintendo Exclusives
-EA's support (to some extent)
-Better Graphics
-Four Controller Ports
-GBA Link ability


Blah.. thats all I can think of.

xboxman_1
03-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Isnt Madden considered by most to be better than NFL 2K3?? I really dont know, because I dont really play sports games.

Xbox Owner
03-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Isnt Madden considered by most to be better than NFL 2K3?? I really dont know, because I dont really play sports games.

Yeah, but not in my eyes.:D

Cloud Strife
03-08-2003, 09:08 AM
I wasn't going to post here for a while but I just couldn't refuse not replying to this thread.

Buy a PS2 and stay away from GC. I own both systems, trust me. The PS2 is an excellent system. It has tons and tons of great games. The PS2 also having the best release date schedule at the moment compared to all systems. My PS2 gets played 90% of the time. It has the best RPG games, fighting games, music games, flight games, platform games, etc. The PS2 is far from a disappointement. I only have 21 games for it and there are still 30 more I'd like to buy that are out. Plus, Sony Computer Entertainment America has the best first party lineup of games compared to all systems. There games only retial for $40 too. The Greatest Hits are really good. I'll also add that the PS2 has some great looking graphics. It also does the best CG cinemas. The PS2 also has an excellent quality DVD player and the systems DVD games are the quietest of all systems.

My GC is collecting dust and I haven't played it since I rented Metroid Prime in November. I only like 2/3 games I own and there are only 4 games I want for it.

Get a PS2.:)

wweomaniac
03-08-2003, 11:50 AM
I'd say PS2 b/c of several reasons...

online play
GTA series
sports titles
and hella big selection of wicked games.


no to GCN b/c
Sega 2k series is cancelled!
EA sports selection will be reduced
i don't like their exclusive games anyway (cept maybe metroid which I haen't tried yet).
and purple?!?!

xboxman_1
03-08-2003, 12:13 PM
EA sports selection will be reduced

Actually no, not at all, they have 20 games planed this year for GCN.


and purple?!?!

Come on now, I've got a jet black cube up in my room right now.


Most people will only agree with Burning if they like japanese RPG's and strange novelty games, or basically anything developed in Japan.

LTM360
03-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
I would pick PS2 over the "kiddie-cube" because of games like GTA over thing like Mario:rolleyes:

might be "kiddie" but I made the decision to get rid of PS2 for GC... and I couldn't be happier with it. PS2 has some good exlusives (Xenosaga, uh...), but sooner or later that peice of **** is gonna break down on you, and your gonna pay...big. You can trust Nintendo to make a good quality peice of Hardware. With Zelda, F-Zero, and a few other right around the corner, I can't reccomend GC over PS2 enough.


Originally posted by VenoM
...and imo metroid craps on gta and all the games on the ps2....

I couldn't possibly agree more, sure it's only one game, but RE:Zero is also a great game, that I perfer over GTA. Honestly I can say I perfer any game almost over GTA, I dont understand why people buy it, nor will I ever.


Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Plus, Sony Computer Entertainment America has the best first party lineup of games compared to all systems. There games only retial for $40 too.

What exactly classifys a game as "First-Party" When a company develops AND publishs a game? or just publishs? Cause Sony Computer Entertainment has developed and published 2 games that I know of, The Getaway (RIPOFF), and Everquest. They do nothing IMO for the video game industry besides throwing a piece of **** out there for them to make money.



Originally posted by Burning Ranger
The PS2 also has an excellent quality DVD player and the systems DVD games are the quietest of all systems.

lie, and what the hell is that supposed to mean?


BTW, Burning if you havn't noticed im gonna bash you and your PS2 every single time you make a PS2 support comment. I hate PS2 for everything it has, and will ever have.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Well you can throw everyhting Burning Ranger has to say out of the window the moment he says it. He can't think for himself. he has displayed this for all to see in several threads on this website. Whatever he says is probably just some PS2 fanboys sentiments on the "greatness" of PS2. As well he adores things simply becuase they are made in a certain country. Even if that product is obviously crap, it doesn't matter to him, he will think it is amazing. That there is another reason to disregard anything and everything he says.

xboxman_1
03-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Tru dat Merimac, I've been tryin to say all that for like the longest time. You should go to the PS2 debate forum, its pretty ugly.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I used to...All I have to say about that place is :rolleyes:

l Maximus l
03-08-2003, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't get either one of them. Why? I'd be too busy playing my XBox. I believe XBox has better games...and, yes, that's my opinion. So, if anyone wants to call me a fanboy, so be it. I prefer the XBox and wouldn't go with either one.

I'm more of an XBox Addict ;)

Torch
03-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys. I think I might go with the GameCube just because of Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil...
But then again on PS2... there's GTA... GT 3.... :confused:

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 05:30 PM
I am with Maximus on this one.

As for your argument of Grant Turismo 3 and Grand Theft Auto 3. They are not even half as good as they are hyped up to be. Niether are Celda or Metroid, heck all games for that matter. Well, some games but most are way overrated. Especialy games on the Playstation 2 though. Take SOCOM for example. It was not that great of a game but becuase it was the first PS2 game online everyone was making it out to be the god of all games. Needless to say, it wasn't. It is all media hype.

-edit-
I must re-iterate. If you are trading away your one and only Xbox for either of those two systems you probably will regret it later. Most likely a rather large amount too.

MixMasta
03-08-2003, 05:52 PM
gamecube...i want to get metroid prime!!!

since they will probably cut prices again, ill pick the gamecube up if its 100 and then i will get metroid prime, btw, does metroid have multiplayer

Cloud Strife
03-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
What exactly classifys a game as "First-Party" When a company develops AND publishs a game? or just publishs? Cause Sony Computer Entertainment has developed and published 2 games that I know of, The Getaway (RIPOFF), and Everquest. They do nothing IMO for the video game industry besides throwing a piece of **** out there for them to make money.

lie, and what the hell is that supposed to mean?

BTW, Burning if you havn't noticed im gonna bash you and your PS2 every single time you make a PS2 support comment. I hate PS2 for everything it has, and will ever have. I consider a first part game to be any game Sony published in Japan, Europe, and Japan. If it's made by a third party company like Namco, Sega, etc., it's not first party. Sony only brings over 35% of the first party Japanese games to the U.S. Publishers like Working Designs, Atlus, Eidos Fresh Games, etc. bring them over. I like just about any game Sony makes from Japan, Europe, or the U.S. although I don't like The Getaway and Wipeout Fusion. Sony has made great games like Wild Arms 3, Legend of Legaia 2, Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Jak & Daxter, Dual Hearts, Ratchet & Clank, Frequency, Sly Cooper, Parappa The Rapper, etc. They are the best RPG developers after Square Enix.

The DVD player thing is true. I had someone I knew bring over his Xbox along with his DVD remote and the DVD quality wasn't as great as the PS2 one of the same TV. I believe the DVD I tried was Pokemon The Movie or Digimon The Movie. The quality of the PS2 one was excellent in watching them. I also watched Hey Arnold movie and Gundam Wing with that DVD.

I'll add that if you want GC because of Zelda, skip it. Kingdom Hearts and Dark Cloud 2 are much better games. I've played both games extensively.;)

ShannonX
03-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger

The DVD player thing is true. I had someone I knew bring over his Xbox along with his DVD remote and the DVD quality wasn't as great as the PS2 one of the same TV. I believe the DVD I tried was Pokemon The Movie or Digimon The Movie. The quality of the PS2 one was excellent in watching them. I also watched Hey Arnold movie and Gundam Wing with that DVD.



you and my 3 year old nephew would have a blast together.. you both watch the same type of movies... interesting.

Must have been his xbox then... I've done both on a 53" hdtv widescreen and the xbox blew away the ps2 in quality, at least on "that" tv. Of course, we come to expect this type of fanboyism (you know, better this, better that, better games, better dvd playback, better games, better this, etc...) from you so its no suprise.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Maybe they are better games for someone who cannot think independently. When you become your own seperate entity and finally start thinking for yourself and not believing everything your parents and friends tell you. Then you may change your mind and evolve an informed opinion that actually makes sense.

Ofcourse with your DVD quality argument you are being biased. You like Sony better than Microsoft in the first place so you are going to look harder for problems with the playback quality of the Xbox DVD player than you will for the PS2 DVD player. In fact, the Xbox DVD playback has more and better features than the PS2 has. Ofcourse you disregard this becuase you are a mindless fanboy, I shouldn't have expected any better.

Here is some information you might find interesting, althougb you will probably disregard it becuase your fanboy friends say otherwise. A first party game is a game developed by the company that owns and produces the console the software will appear on. For example, I believe Mech Assault was developed by Microsoft in Co-Operation with some third party company. However, seeing as Microsoft was involved in the development process it can be considered first party. When a company produces a game it doesn't make the game first party. If that was the case then every single game on DreamCast would be first party.

xboxman_1
03-08-2003, 06:19 PM
I'll add that if you want GC because of Zelda, skip it. Kingdom Hearts and Dark Cloud 2 are much better games. I've played both games extensively.

Did you ever think maybe someone has grown up with zelda and they want to play it? You are comparing zelda to two totally different games. Its like comparing Halo and Madden.

VenoM
03-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger

I'll add that if you want GC because of Zelda, skip it. Kingdom Hearts and Dark Cloud 2 are much better games. I've played both games extensively.;)

:confused: zelda isnt even out yet...how the hell do you know those 2 other games are better ............... oh wait,cause there on ps2?:rolleyes:

LTM360
03-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
:confused: zelda isnt even out yet...how the hell do you know those 2 other games are better ............... oh wait,cause there on ps2?:rolleyes:

Most likely :rolleyes:.

MerimacHamwich
03-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
:confused: zelda isnt even out yet...how the hell do you know those 2 other games are better ............... oh wait,cause there on ps2?:rolleyes:
Heh, yeah, I forgot about that. Stupid Burning...:rolleyes:

Cloud Strife
03-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
you and my 3 year old nephew would have a blast together.. you both watch the same type of movies... interesting.

Must have been his xbox then... I've done both on a 53" hdtv widescreen and the xbox blew away the ps2 in quality, at least on "that" tv. Of course, we come to expect this type of fanboyism (you know, better this, better that, better games, better dvd playback, better games, better this, etc...) from you so its no suprise. Well, I will admit that I watch movies that kids would like once in a while along with more adult movies. I do like hanging aorund kids a lot.:)

I don't have an HDTV but I compared the DVD quality and the PS2 one was the best on mine. I also used my Xbox DVD player and the quality was still the same as my friend. However, I do have a newer model PS2 and a launch Xbox so that may explain why.

Duke
03-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
. I do like hanging aorund kids a lot.:) .

Ever hang around the neverland ranch?

ShannonX
03-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
Well, I will admit that I watch movies that kids would like once in a while along with more adult movies. I do like hanging aorund kids a lot.:)

I don't have an HDTV but I compared the DVD quality and the PS2 one was the best on mine. I also used my Xbox DVD player and the quality was still the same as my friend. However, I do have a newer model PS2 and a launch Xbox so that may explain why.


of course, i assume you played both dvd players at the same time on the same tv? and compared identical movies playing at the same time?

50CeNt
03-09-2003, 06:13 PM
we dont think about this logically. Sure we look for is good quality and graphics but we forget why we play video games. I play to get out of real life and go to a imaginary cartoon world where we unrealistic things. Isnt that fun, games like Zelda, Mario , Smash brothers those are amazing games GC made. I personalyl would play kid games... thats my opinion.

Xbox is still better i say because they will be (hopefully) coming out with both Mature and Kid play games..

P.S- Btw im not 12 im 16 so plz doont flame me :)

xboxman_1
03-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Wait just a second here - do you have a GCN?

LynxFX
03-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I tried was Pokemon The Movie or Digimon The Movie... ...I also watched Hey Arnold movie and Gundam Wing.

I don't have an HDTV but I compared the DVD quality and the PS2 one was the best on mine. I also used my Xbox DVD player and the quality was still the same as my friend. However, I do have a newer model PS2 and a launch Xbox so that may explain why.
Umm ok first off, every movie you used to compare dvd quality were animated films and poor quality ones at that. None of those dvd's could be used to accurately compare two seperate dvd players.

Second, both the PS2 and Xbox are interlace dvd players and highly doubt that you or most other people could even begin to point out the differences in the picture or playback. But people will see what they want to see.

I would still say the Xbox is a better DVD player since it has more features than the PS2, a significantly shorter non-playable dvd list and a better mpeg2 decoder chip than the PS2.

ShannonX
03-10-2003, 08:19 AM
thank you. The only way you could accurately compare the 2 is if you had 2 tvs that were identical, they both had the same settings (contrast, etc...), both in the same type of lighting, both playing identical movies, and both using the same type of connecting. And on top of that, both playing at the same exact time.

The only other way would be to get very high resolution screen captures of the same scene and see which is best.

Cloud Strife
03-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Umm ok first off, every movie you used to compare dvd quality were animated films and poor quality ones at that. None of those dvd's could be used to accurately compare two seperate dvd players.

Second, both the PS2 and Xbox are interlace dvd players and highly doubt that you or most other people could even begin to point out the differences in the picture or playback. But people will see what they want to see.

I would still say the Xbox is a better DVD player since it has more features than the PS2, a significantly shorter non-playable dvd list and a better mpeg2 decoder chip than the PS2. The vertain DVD's that could not be played on PS2 was in the system that was released at launch. I have the newer model DVD player in my PS2 and it has zero problems playing DVD's. It can also play any DVD unlike the older model. A ton of my friends try over 100 movies in theirs and were able to play them all. I was even able to play Disney movies when they said they were incompatible.

The main reason why I like the PS2 DVD player is because it's quiet. My Xbox fan is pretty noisy but not as loud as my best friend's.

WynnFire
03-10-2003, 01:05 PM
GameCube!

StarFox, F-Zero, Luigi (Mario who?), Kirby, Animal Crossing, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Resident Evil series, Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Brothers, Metroid, Legend of Zelda (The new one ROCKS!), etc...

I would take GameCube over PS2 anyday. Plus the GTA games are on the PC.

Plus the GameCube has a faster CPU and more memory. The only downside are those small frickin disks. Plus Progressive Scan. :eek:

Torch
03-10-2003, 10:02 PM
I herad a rumor that the GTA series is coming to the 'Cube in 2004...

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
The vertain DVD's that could not be played on PS2 was in the system that was released at launch. I have the newer model DVD player in my PS2 and it has zero problems playing DVD's. It can also play any DVD unlike the older model. A ton of my friends try over 100 movies in theirs and were able to play them all. I was even able to play Disney movies when they said they were incompatible.

The main reason why I like the PS2 DVD player is because it's quiet. My Xbox fan is pretty noisy but not as loud as my best friend's.

Yes, you shouild argue with LynxFX. You definetly know more about Home Theater stuff than he does.
:rolleyes:

Torch, that is just a rumour. It is out becuase the Rockstar/Sony deal is up in 2004 and that means that Rockstar could put out a GTA games on any system. Personally I could careless though, the games are way overhyped.

xbox genius
03-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
why do fanboys always have to compare games on ps2 like gta to something like mario or something that looks like something a little kid would enjoy??...why dont you mention the resident evil titles or eternal darkness???(and alot more games on the cube that are on the ps2 and xbox)...those games are on the cube, does that make them "kiddie":rolleyes: just cause a game is bright and colorful and is enjoyable to any age group does not make it "kiddie".........what ever happen to fun??...does fun not count anymore :confused: (id prefer monkeyball over gta cause of the fun factor anyday)and imo metroid craps on gta and all the games on the ps2....so i guess you can say id choose the gamecube over ps2 for sure ..........note i own all 3 systems so im no fanboy

yeah man, monkey ball is great stuff!!!1

ShannonX
03-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
The vertain DVD's that could not be played on PS2 was in the system that was released at launch. I have the newer model DVD player in my PS2 and it has zero problems playing DVD's. It can also play any DVD unlike the older model. A ton of my friends try over 100 movies in theirs and were able to play them all. I was even able to play Disney movies when they said they were incompatible.

The main reason why I like the PS2 DVD player is because it's quiet. My Xbox fan is pretty noisy but not as loud as my best friend's.

if your setting close enought o hear one little fan on your xbox, you need to scoot back a bit, sitting that close to a TV isnt' the greatest thing to do to. And if your playing movies so quietly that you can hear the fan, just pick up a good book instead and read it.

Compared to my PC, the xbox fan is like putting a jumbo jet engine (PC) next to a blow drier(XBOX) for you hair. Obviously, you wont be hearing the blow drier with the jet engine doing its thing.

VenoM
03-11-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger

My Xbox fan is pretty noisy but not as loud as my best friend's.

wait a sec :confused: thought you said you dont have any friends when you first came to xba....now you all of a sudden have a best friend ??:D and dont know about you but i cant even hear my xbox's fan at all maybe only when i first turn it on

Cloud Strife
03-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by VenoM
wait a sec :confused: thought you said you dont have any friends when you first came to xba....now you all of a sudden have a best friend ??:D and dont know about you but i cant even hear my xbox's fan at all maybe only when i first turn it on I do have a best friend that comes over to my house each week. His Xbox fan was much louder than mine but his system was made in Hungary while mine was made in Mexico.

My PC fan is quieter than my GC and Xbox mainly because I have an Intel Chip and never get AMD's.

ShannonX
03-11-2003, 08:23 AM
the powersupply fan by itself is like a jet engine compared to the xbox fan. Screw the heatsink fan or additional case fans. i'm not even taking them into account.

xboxman_1
03-11-2003, 08:48 PM
My PC fan is quieter than my GC and Xbox mainly because I have an Intel Chip and never get AMD's.

So why, may i ask, are you biased against AMD?? I mean, Its okay to have that opinion, but usually yours are illogical.

Is it the better price?
The efficiency?
The fact they are actually better than Intel's right now?

Please BR, enlighten me.

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:14 PM
I have an AMD and it doesn't make hardly any noise. Yeah it's louder than my Xbox right but maybe it's because I have a Volcano 7 heatsink fan. As for the poll I choose Gamecube. I've had PS2 for 2 years and already my Gamecube library (all exclusives and had it for a little over a year) is catching up to the PS2 titles I have. My Xbox collection is even with the PS2. But I don't care, I love all my children equally. :D :cool: :) :D
What I'm waiting for is Final Fantasy XI because it's now planned for US and it looks like it won't use the turn based battles (those really annoy me). The only that I want to know is if I should get it for PS2 or PC. I don't know about PC because it can be unstable. :(

Torch
03-11-2003, 09:20 PM
guys... I dont wanna know about Xbox fans... or jumbo jet engines... or how Burning Ranger supposively likes children.
I want opinions on which is better: PS2... or GC?

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:25 PM
GAMECUBE!
The Poly count is low on GC but it has full effects on. Plus for its price....why would you argue?

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
I do have a best friend that comes over to my house each week. His Xbox fan was much louder than mine but his system was made in Hungary while mine was made in Mexico.

My PC fan is quieter than my GC and Xbox mainly because I have an Intel Chip and never get AMD's.

Yeah, AMD's higher efficiency cpu and cheaper price are definetly not worth it. I mean, why get a cheaper and more powerful processor when you can get ripped off? It just doesn't make sense! You are tottally right Burning Ranger, as always.

xboxman_1
03-11-2003, 10:38 PM
AMD's higher efficiency cpu and cheaper price are definetly not worth it.

LOL, Exactly the truth.

ShannonX
03-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Yeah, AMD's higher efficiency cpu and cheaper price are definetly not worth it. I mean, why get a cheaper and more powerful processor when you can get ripped off? It just doesn't make sense! You are tottally right Burning Ranger, as always.

just like always =)

LynxFX
03-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
My PC fan is quieter than my GC and Xbox mainly because I have an Intel Chip and never get AMD's.

That's funny, cpu's don't make noise. What the hell are you doing to AMD chips to make them scream?


Yeah, AMD's higher efficiency cpu and cheaper price are definetly not worth it. I mean, why get a cheaper and more powerful processor when you can get ripped off? It just doesn't make sense! You are tottally right Burning Ranger, as always.
:) ;)
How did this thread become so sarcastic? :p

VenoM
03-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger


My PC fan is quieter than my GC and Xbox mainly because I have an Intel Chip and never get AMD's.

i cant even tell gamecube has a damn fan running....that thing is super quiet...atleast mine is:confused: comparing all 3....my ps2 is the loudest...especially when its streaming data off the game discs...its not louder then the dc though :p

Cloud Strife
03-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by VenoM
i cant even tell gamecube has a damn fan running....that thing is super quiet...atleast mine is:confused: comparing all 3....my ps2 is the loudest...especially when its streaming data off the game discs...its not louder then the dc though :p The GC does try to make a quiet blow but it's louder than my PS2. I would know since I had those two systems next to eachother for a while. I do have the newest model PS2 so that may explain something. But, the time when the PS2 is louder is when I'm playing a CD games like Tekken Tag Tournament and not a DVD game like Kingdom Hearts. I can't test to see which fan is the loudest because I kicked my Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox out of my bedroom and into the basement because I wasn't playing them.

I still say get a PS2 because there's a list of 40 games I want for the system and there all out right now versus 8 games I want for GC that are out. My GC has 3 games and my PS2 has 23.

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Thats great for you that you have games yuo want on that system. It does not mean a thing for Torch.

As for saying you know your GameCube is louder than your PS2 becuase you had them beside eachother, that is just plain moronic. You say you are in engineering but I highly doubt it. If you are then american engineers must be morons. In simple physics from highschool you learn all about sound waves and the way they behave. Waves either combine in sync to produce a louder/larger wave or else they come together out of sync and produce a quiter wave. This is referred to as in/out of phase. Therefor in either situation you would not be hearing the actual sound that the system makes. In order to truly notice the difference truly, you would need to have a decibal meter and turn one system on at a time.

Ofcourse us regular people just go by ear and turn one system on a time. As is expected bias comes into play here but it is still more of an accurate approximation of sound produced than sitting two noise producers beside eachother and hearing the combined sound waves and saying one is louder than the other.

rothgar
03-12-2003, 02:46 PM
my vote is for dreamcast. it was louder then any system. but it also had better games (for multiplayer) ill take powerstone 2 over super monkey ball anyday. and i dont play RPG's or a lot of single player adventure games so i dont care for a lot of the games on ps2. dreamcast had the best party games and that is right under the xbox. then maybe nin64 but that only had a handful of good games in the first place. then i would pick regular nintendo (or just play the cd i have for dc that has 700 nintendo games on it) then i would pick sega gen, super nin, then gamecube, then game boy advaced, then ps2.

bbchs_trash
03-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Get a damned Gamecube... let the PS2 Jap lover go back into his hole now... I just sold my PS2... its not worth jack ****!

Torch
03-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rothgar
my vote is for dreamcast. it was louder then any system.
Oh, so now we're voting for the loudest fan in a system? To me it seems like we're supposed to be voting for the better system: PS2 or GC...?
:rolleyes:

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah, he knows that. That is why he listed off how much he liked each system. GameCube was way higher up than PS2 on the list.

xboxman_1
03-12-2003, 06:13 PM
As for saying you know your GameCube is louder than your PS2 becuase you had them beside eachother, that is just plain moronic. You say you are in engineering but I highly doubt it. If you are then american engineers must be morons. In simple physics from highschool you learn all about sound waves and the way they behave. Waves either combine in sync to produce a louder/larger wave or else they come together out of sync and produce a quiter wave. Therefor in either situation you would not be hearing the actual sound that the system makes. In order the difference truly, you ould need to have a decibal meter and turn one system on at a time.

Ofcourse us regular people just go by ear and turn one system on a time. Ofcourse bias comes into play here but it is still more of an accurate approximation of sound produced than sitting two noise producers beside eachother and hearing the combined sound waves and saying one is louder than the other.

O dayamn.....what a shutdown, if I was BR, I would just bow down right now.

VenoM
03-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger
The GC does try to make a quiet blow but it's louder than my PS2. I would know since I had those two systems next to eachother for a while.

gee..i guess i would know to since i have those two systems side by side and still do have them side by side unlike you :rolleyes: but what does that have to do with which is louder......my ps2 can be a mile away from my gc and it would still be louder :rolleyes: