PDA

View Full Version : HD Pack and Digital Audio Problems

Desdinova
11-30-2001, 08:48 AM
I have the High Definition Pack and an optical cable hooked up to my audio reciever. I have Dolby Digital selected in the Xbox menu, and I actually get INCREDIBLE digital audio for about 10-15 minutes.

After that, in all my games (Halo, DOA3, Oddworld) I begin to get this load chirping noise and the sound begins to cut out. This goes on and off but keeps making this loud sound (which means that it is not getting a constant good signal and begins cutting out).

Anyone else having problems with keeping a constant 5.1 stream to your reciever? Any help is appreciated..

LynxFX
11-30-2001, 12:54 PM
First things first. Double check your optical connections. Make sure they are seated correctly and locked into place. Check to see if there are any kinks in your cable. If there are you might need a new cable. Cable must be free of any damage. If all is well with your connections and it sounds like it is hooked up correctly since you do get 10-15 minutes of good sound then you might have a defunct Xbox. Only choice is to get return it and get a new one. You aren't the only one that has had problems.

From the sounds of other people with problems it looks like there was a bad batch with the sound processor from Mexico. I haven't seen anyone with the problem that had their xbox manufactured in Hungary. Doesn't mean it won't or can't happen but check where yours is manufactured.

Desdinova
11-30-2001, 03:55 PM
Actually, it is from Mexico ... on the phone with support now ... what a whip ...