PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter 4: LEGACY OF RAGE

Liquid Gears
03-07-2003, 09:10 PM
What if SF4 was not a sequel with all these offspring fighters presented in this forum but rather a prequel like the Alpha series only it is based on the Legacy of Gouken and Gouki(before he changed to Akuma)? The best way to bring SF back to its original roots is to take it back to the years BEFORE SF1 when Sagat remained "World's Strongest" and Gouki had just discovered the dark secrets of the Dark Hadou. Capcom would need to give a very detailed background story of the events leading to the death of Goutetsu(Akuma's Master) and the final battle between the two Shotokan brothers that began the "Legacy of Rage" for Gouki. No Ryu or Ken please, they can be part of the story but since they were very young scrubs they wouldn't be much competition. Many of the participating fighters eventually became legends in their own right so why not let them duke it out while they were at their prime? A starting cast would be something like:

-Gouken: The Honorable Master of Ryu and Ken. Sporting a Goetti and gray gi, he fights to stop the Rage building within his brother Gouki.

-Gen: The ORIGINAL assassin of SF, his deadly skills will prove even more potent at a more younger age.

-Sagat: Currently the street fighter champion of the world, he seeks the best to hone his muay-thai fighting skills.

-Geki: The bad-ass Ninja of SF1(with Vega claws) would bring many foes down with his quick multi-hit combos and efficient style of Ninjitsu.

-Dan's Father: Before dying in the hands of Sagat, this aging warrior(should I call him that) will show us what he is made of(scary!!).

-Gouki(Akuma): Immediately after killing Master Goutetsu with the Shun Gokusatsu, he seeks out his brother Gouken to see if he is worthy of being the master of the fist.

-Retsu: The old geezer of Japan in SF1, his style of Shotokan will vary from the usual fireball, dragon punch shotos we're used to.

-Oro: He's been around for hundreds of years so he's worthy to fight against these legends of SF.

-Urien: The demi-god of SF3, he feels the presence of a new 'dark' force awakening and he seeks to extinguish the threat.

-Dorai: Chun-li's Father and Chief of Hong Kong Police, his recent drug busts lead him to unveil the wrath of the Shadowlaw. We obviously know of his fate but his fighting style(as seen in the Street Fighter II V series) will prove formidable in the streets.

Along with a few new faces, these warriors form the foundation of what street fighter becomes in the later series. Hi-res 2d characters with super-fluid animation and extremely detailed anime backgrounds(2.5-d) are a must. Whatever gameplay style Capcom chooses is up to them but I like the style of this storyline. What do my fellow SRK's think of this idea?

FadeOut
03-21-2003, 03:11 AM
*** fighers sucks :mad:
Poor fighting, boring fighting styles :mad:
Mk forever

Sincerely FadeOut

Variation-XBA
03-21-2003, 11:13 AM
lol... nice noob post
http://www.ileet.net/images/drama.jpg

The Jackal
03-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by FadeOut
Mk forever

Sincerely FadeOut

mortal kombat BLOWS!! thats why its DEAD!... its actually gettin worse... deadly alliance :rolleyes: ha

Snoopy7548
03-21-2003, 06:01 PM
they should just stay with the regular sf characters. ive never even heard of oro, or dorai. i hate when fighting games add new characters, especially ones that have nothing to do with the original games.

Liquid Gears
03-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Buddy, they weren't just added to the series out of the blue. There is a story Line to the Street Fighter series you know. Try watching one of the Animated Street Fighter movies and get caught up with what's going on.

ORO

General: Oro believes he is the world's strongest fighter. He is mysterious, very old and fights with only one free arm for fear that his power will kill his opponents. Oro is searching out a warrior worthy to recieve the secret of his power so it does not die with him. 140 years old, Oro the hermit lives in a cave with animals deep in the Amazon jungle. Long experience and a supreme athletic ability allow him to perform super-human attacks.
Origin: Street Fighter III: New Generation
Other Appearances: Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, Street Fighter III: Third Strike

http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/oro12.jpg

Dorai

As I said before:

Dorai is Chun-li's Father and Chief of Hong Kong Police, his recent drug busts lead him to unveil the wrath of the Shadowlaw. We obviously know of his fate but his fighting style (as seen in the Street Fighter II V series) will prove formidable in the streets.

He's also mentioned in the Animated Street Fighter Movie. Chun-li's pi$$ed off at M.Bison for some reason........hmm........I wonder why? Maybe because Bison KILLED him!!

BTW: No picture avaliable for Dorai

Shadow20002
03-28-2003, 12:02 AM
If this one gonna come on Xbox or they just bring it to PS2 ?

LTM360
04-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by FadeOut
Mk forever

Sincerely FadeOut

You honestly think Mortal Kombat, is better than Street Fighter!!?!? You have to be the biggest noob ever to think that. Mortal Kombat is dead, if you havnt noticed. Nobody's buying Deadly Alliance, but for people who did (me) took it back and got something better!

Yannie Boy
04-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
What if SF4 was not a sequel with all these offspring fighters presented in this forum but rather a prequel like the Alpha series only it is based on the Legacy of Gouken and Gouki(before he changed to Akuma)? The best way to bring SF back to its original roots is to take it back to the years BEFORE SF1 when Sagat remained "World's Strongest" and Gouki had just discovered the dark secrets of the Dark Hadou. Capcom would need to give a very detailed background story of the events leading to the death of Goutetsu(Akuma's Master) and the final battle between the two Shotokan brothers that began the "Legacy of Rage" for Gouki. No Ryu or Ken please, they can be part of the story but since they were very young scrubs they wouldn't be much competition. Many of the participating fighters eventually became legends in their own right so why not let them duke it out while they were at their prime? A starting cast would be something like:

-Gouken: The Honorable Master of Ryu and Ken. Sporting a Goetti and gray gi, he fights to stop the Rage building within his brother Gouki.

-Gen: The ORIGINAL assassin of SF, his deadly skills will prove even more potent at a more younger age.

-Sagat: Currently the street fighter champion of the world, he seeks the best to hone his muay-thai fighting skills.

-Geki: The bad-ass Ninja of SF1(with Vega claws) would bring many foes down with his quick multi-hit combos and efficient style of Ninjitsu.

-Dan's Father: Before dying in the hands of Sagat, this aging warrior(should I call him that) will show us what he is made of(scary!!).

-Gouki(Akuma): Immediately after killing Master Goutetsu with the Shun Gokusatsu, he seeks out his brother Gouken to see if he is worthy of being the master of the fist.

-Retsu: The old geezer of Japan in SF1, his style of Shotokan will vary from the usual fireball, dragon punch shotos we're used to.

-Oro: He's been around for hundreds of years so he's worthy to fight against these legends of SF.

-Urien: The demi-god of SF3, he feels the presence of a new 'dark' force awakening and he seeks to extinguish the threat.

-Dorai: Chun-li's Father and Chief of Hong Kong Police, his recent drug busts lead him to unveil the wrath of the Shadowlaw. We obviously know of his fate but his fighting style(as seen in the Street Fighter II V series) will prove formidable in the streets.

Along with a few new faces, these warriors form the foundation of what street fighter becomes in the later series. Hi-res 2d characters with super-fluid animation and extremely detailed anime backgrounds(2.5-d) are a must. Whatever gameplay style Capcom chooses is up to them but I like the style of this storyline. What do my fellow SRK's think of this idea?

WOW and i thought i was the only here that knew the real history of the SF series I completely back you up..it'd be nice to add key story characters in the mix...especially Geki or Gen

it's funny that capcom left these people out....but hey if they add them now id would be sweet.....it's time for a change i say

Liquid Gears
04-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra

WOW and i thought i was the only here that knew the real history of the SF series I completely back you up..it'd be nice to add key story characters in the mix...especially Geki or Gen

it's funny that capcom left these people out....but hey if they add them now id would be sweet.....it's time for a change i say

Oh, I totally agree with you on that. A lot of people have lost interest in the series and that's pretty much caused by the repitition of the story line. For Capcom's final 2-D fighter (which is going to be SF4) the MUST add something to the story. You know, something that'll really catch people's interest. They really gotta add a twist to the background of Street Fighter and by going back into the past and introducing the fathers of Street Fighter would really kick things off balance. I don't know about some of you guys, but I'm all for it.

Like I said Chupacabra, I totally agree with you. It's time for Street Fighter to get a BIG change in it's story.

CarGuy
04-13-2003, 05:43 PM
We had an arcade here once and it had a big Street Fighter (not sure which one) set-up with the big screen and big controllers. However the MK machine was always swamped. aaahhh the good ol' days.. I dont even know if there's an arcade anywhere in North East Florida anymore. :(

Liquid Gears
04-28-2003, 01:54 PM
MK Swamped?? Good ol' days??

Ok buddy, we're not in the 90's anymore. MK has died out completely a long time ago. Please......they don't even carry MK tournaments anymore. Now SF, they've been carrying tournaments all over North America & Japan. For example there's been:

Atlantic North
Atlantic South
Midwest
Northwest
Pacific North
Pacific South
Southwest

And the big daddy tournaments:

Super Battle Opera 2002
Evolution 2002
B5 Championships, 2001
US vs. Japan Exhibition 2000
B4 Championships, 2000

Common' man, MK?? Give me a break, nobody cares about that crap anymore. Well........the true fighter fans don't.

CarGuy
04-28-2003, 02:45 PM
I was just refering to the "good ol' days" as the time when the arcade offered better graphics, etc. then home consoles. :confused:

KingNader
05-01-2003, 02:19 PM
wait so is this officially announced as like a blockbuster SF game? I hope so, cuz id be mad excited to grab a copy.