PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with optical sound.

hbk123
11-30-2001, 12:09 PM
I have my xbox hooked up with the monster 400x cables for the componet input on my tv, but I can't figure out how to hook up my optical cable to the xbox now. There is a little hole for digital audio on the monster cable, but the jack on the end of my optical cable just slides in and out. Do I need some special kind of adapter for this? My optical cable is just a run of the mill monster optical cable, not the special xbox one. Thanks.

Fourstarr558
11-30-2001, 10:49 PM
To hook up optical sound you must have a receiver that has an optical sound input on it. It doesnt plug into you tv nor does it plug back in your x box. You plug it into a receiver.

HeadShot
12-01-2001, 03:46 PM
http://www.monstercable.com/hookup/images/xbox_hookup.jpg You do need the special xbox one.

Frostberg
12-01-2001, 09:32 PM
Is the GL 400x worth the $70? I know they are high quality cables, thats for sure, but is it enough to buy even though I have the advanced av pack? Is it worth the price for the great quality cables? Is the picture quality a lot better with component than svideo input? I know with DVD players its a little better, but because MS hasnt really made the xbox for component input, i dont know if it would be worth the upgrade.