PDA

View Full Version : What baseball game should i get?

Chiefroberts
03-08-2003, 03:14 PM
I know tHis years games r going to rock but i only want to get like two? Inside pitch is mine because of online play and music. But what other game should i buy. it is down to either WS2K3 OR mvp2003? wHICH ONE IS BETTER?

Bakeman
03-08-2003, 08:44 PM
I don't know..

I was just gonna get WSB 2k3 .. but I read about all the new stuff they added to MVP Baseball... I know it's EA.. but I'm gonna rent it and give it a chance..

I don't have very high hopes for Inside Pitch.... Not after Fever and Inside drive... Seems all they have are good graphics and arcade style play... I'm more into simulation.

Buccaneer21
03-09-2003, 03:03 AM
Just say no to EA .:cool:

CrazyCougar
03-10-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm going with WSB2k3 but I will have to check out the new EA baseball game. I doubt i'll like it because Triple Play was just horrible!!! Definitely a rental for me before buying it.

Big Ben
03-12-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm a big fan of the new batter/pitcher interface from EA. Inside Pitch won't include a franchise mode which is what will stop me from getting that. High Heat is far worse than last year, since even the PC version people have been *****ing about. 2k3 is going to be basically an update of last year with very few new features. So in conclusion:

Inside pitch for live! play
MVP for new gameplay
WSB for the same old thing

50/50
03-27-2003, 11:20 AM
WSB 2k3 is the correct choice. EA has tried and looks to have failed, again. No hope for EA's baseball titles unless they realize midgets & freaks of nature don't play pro baseball - Oh, and the fact that Sega and other titles are catching up to EA in respect to the baseball games... Sega continues with solid efforts. Although, Sega did pull a simular EA move by just improving on what was already a solid title, but the changes are significant enough to purchase WSB 2k3. Next year for all baseball titles should prove interesting. It may be the last year for programmers atttempting to develop for the PS2 and will begin a few things for the release of the PS3. Not to mention the added pressure to all companies to match the progression Sega is having with all sports titles. Year after year, Sega is inching closer to EA's dominance in NFL, NBA, & MLB. I think next year, WSB 2k4 will pull a move to copy some of the other titles features into WSB. Such as ripping your own music, pitcher/batter interface likened to what EA did this year, a few others.

[COLOR=orangered]This Year, World Series Baseball 2K3 is the game to get!

ImmortalTech
03-28-2003, 02:57 PM
u shouls buy ea sports one

sandeep
03-30-2003, 10:53 PM
i've been trying to sort this one out as well.

i've heard big things about WSB, but i'm going to have to go on a blockbuster spree to figure it out i think ;)

HALO-KING
04-11-2003, 09:14 PM
most definatley the mvp baseball because its made by ea the best sports company in video games.

CrazyCougar
04-12-2003, 09:12 AM
They may be the best video game sports company out there. That I will agree with. BUT, they sure as hell can't make a baseball game. Thats been proven with the Triple Play series. Just horrible. WSB 2k3 all the way. Inside Pitch for Live.

blonks
04-14-2003, 11:22 PM
WSB DONT EVEN THINK OF BUYING ANYTHING ELSE

sorry about the big and caps

CARDINALS RULE
04-22-2003, 05:51 PM
i think u should get mvp.....the original world series never really made me happy so i think mvp is the way to go

MasterChief
04-22-2003, 05:52 PM
Mvp

Chiefroberts
04-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Well based on the relpies earlier this week i went out and bought WS. I like it a lot. It works out well because my friend has MVP. I have played both games a lot. If you are looking to buy a new game i would get WS. It is a little more realistic and challenging. But both of them are still very good games.

ChadyzGroove
04-26-2003, 01:02 AM
Just bought WSB2k3 it is awesome i caught a homerun going out of the stadium on my second game this game is truly the best one of them all

pdhfh
04-26-2003, 10:01 AM
SAY NO TO EA!

Send a message that XBOX gamers want LIVE games! I love baseball but how boring is playing baseball by yourself? That is why you should buy Inside Pitch, which is a LIVE game!!!

CrazyCougar
04-26-2003, 12:19 PM
If considering Inside Pitch, think before you buy. Remember its an MS Sports title and so far MS has no clue how to make a good sports title.

carnage88
05-02-2003, 08:20 AM
i have tried all of them and wsb2k3 is the best of the bunch, but if you want to have fun with your friends then try mlb slugfest. me and my friends has a blast playing against each other.

MasterChief
05-02-2003, 08:05 PM
mvp

memphissheik
05-07-2003, 12:58 AM
Right now, I'm kinda addicted to MVP 2003..

Ofcourse I rented it, but it's still been in deep rotation in the BOX...

for me, the pitcher/batter interface is the shizznizzle...

now, I just wish I would have liked NHL 2003 more...but NO IT SUCKED

Tim
05-12-2003, 03:56 PM
WS 2K3 by far! I agree with Carnage, however, and think gamers should support the idea that we want Live games produced. I, for one, will purchase Inside Pitch. If it sucks, I will let MS know, and that's the best we can do!

pdhfh, love your signature!! Could hardly concentrate on your thread.

EvilTed
05-13-2003, 04:50 PM
I rented WS2k3 and really liked it. I then rented High Heat 2004, and liked it better. It just suited my taste better.

Rooster
05-16-2003, 09:44 AM
First off wsb2k3 is not just an update, they really re did this game and it shows when you play it.

Gameplay: This is much, much better than last years version, and that was hard too beat. First off the ESPN presentationis great and I think that 2k4 will take over the crown. The pitching is great on this game, very realistic. Your guy will not always throw strikes, unless he is on fire that day or a stud. I had 12 strike outs with Wood and sometiems he would struggle, realistic. Turn on the tv mound view and have some fun. Batting int eh game is great also, you have 3 options. Cursor, charge meterw/cursor, timed hitting. I prefer timed hitting here, it is more fun too me. ***They also added a new homerun sequence that just looks awesome, the screen slows down and follows the ball while in flight. Then shows a replay of it being toasted, where it landed, a dispay such as the apple at Shea, distance, etc. This touch adds a lot, like when I had the bases juiced with Bonds on the guy threw a fast ball that got crushed to dead center, it was beautiful.***
The fielding is much, much better than last years also. Your outfielder do their job, the infield does there also. The doubble play sequeces here are great, the slides perfectly done also. I also love the jumping/homerun stealer. I have pulled this off a few times and is great to do. The best thing about this game is that the players play like their real life couter, Sosa if fast with a great arm, others are not. There are numerous other examples in the game.
Also you can warm guys up in the pen, make siwtches in the lineup on gameday or during the game easily, you can even rest a guy for the day, there are sliders to custom the game to your liking, etc.

The last thing I wil tell you is this game has tons of options, al the modes, and by far the best franchise mode I have ever seen!!! You made every decison here, you can even assign duties to assistant coaches!! Trades are realistic here, the stats are compiled after every single game you play(awesome touch), the minors guys are easy to call up, hiring is easy to do. The franchise here is killer and worth the buy alone.

I have not played mvp but have heard good things about it, but most sites I know give the nod to World Series. Either way you should behapp, but I would go with 2k3.