PDA

View Full Version : Remote code

SciFi
03-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Okay, i just bought a universal remote and i was wondering if any of you know the code for the xbox remote.... it's the 4-digit #... has anyone solved this problem? They didn't have any codes for Microsoft in that giant chart that came with it...
Thanks ^_^

Discretion
03-09-2003, 01:28 PM
There is no code... Other wise MS would risk you not buying their remote for the DVD... Well, maybe not. They do have to have the plug in... I just dont know but I dont believe there is one but I can be mistaken

Also, your signature is well thought up :)

Reclaimer
03-09-2003, 06:00 PM
I don't know if any universal remotes would work on the DVD kit. But, I have the 36inch RCA VPORT TV (Part of the Xbox entertainment series) and it's universal remote works on the Xbox. No code required. Just aim it at the thing and it works.

Casper
03-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but you should try and do a search from some of the previous posts here....as I did, and found this...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31208&highlight=universal+remote

And if you do the search, there's a bunch more where that came from :)

Insane Jester
03-10-2003, 06:00 AM
there is a code . well a frequancy that the remote sends to the reciver.. its just finding the right code to send the right frequancy.

JJaX
03-10-2003, 07:37 AM
But you still need a Xbox DVD kit to plug in the censor that goes in the controller port don't you? I know the only way to get DVD playback without that censor thing is with certain mod chips. Hell with the mod chip you get region free DVD playback.

RudedogX
03-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Yes, the XBox code is equivalent to an RCA dvd code! I have an RCA universal remote and it works fine. Just point and you're set.:cool:

Kraft
03-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Yes, the XBox code is equivalent to an RCA dvd code! I have an RCA universal remote and it works fine. Just point and you're set.:cool:

Wonderful news! I'll go home and see if I can't get my direct tv remote to work on my xbox now.

Donaldson
03-10-2003, 03:05 PM
I just tested it and it works. I programmed my JVC TV remote to work with my Xbox. I used the RCA DVD player code supplied in the TV's owner manual. It still won't let me turn it on and off though.

SciFi
03-10-2003, 05:52 PM
YAY! Thank you so much! YAY
I get the big TV in my room in a month or so (jumping for joy; 35", S-Video, 5.1SS to plug my Xbox into):D