PDA

View Full Version : I need to know something about Xbox - Plz Read all -

50CeNt
03-09-2003, 02:28 PM
I purchased an xbox not to long ago since i heard it was a great system overall. But i was wondering is xbox going to come up with kid games such as mario or kid games. I am 16 and i prefer kid games. I dont want Mario for xbox but games like those. Example games like zelda which doesnt look so realistic. I dont like games like splinter cell. I know it has great graphics but the reason why i play video games it to get away from the Real world not to go into another real world. I want to play games liek Zelda or Mario, that give me that kind of feeling, an happy feeling and fun and adventurous. I am wondering if xbox is going to come up with games like that.? Thanks. I really appriaciatte

Casper
03-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Fusion Frenzy, Azurik, Blinx, Jet Set Radio Future, Munch's Oddworld Odessey are just some that come to mind. I know there are more, but being that I'm more into the realism of games, that's the best I can do for you.

Btw, welcome to XBA :)

LTM360
03-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Well, if you were looking more toward that, I would've just gotten a GC. By your description, im guessing your into platformers, which Xbox doesn't have a whole lot of. Might I suggest Vexx, Crash Bandicoot, or Blinx: The Timesweeper?

canadianboi3
03-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Umm, Shrek, Shrek House Party, and the other ones the other 2 guys mentioned. Those are the only kid games that come to my mind.

MixMasta
03-09-2003, 02:48 PM
blinx was a pretty good game, jsrf looks like a kids game, but its definitely not, its one of my favorite games, you should pick it up!! also, this fall malice is coming out, and that is a platformer that is greatly anticipated by many!

VenoM
03-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
this fall malice is coming out, and that is a platformer that is greatly anticipated by many!

not me........after they decided to go multiplatform and make it for the ps2 it looks like crap :(

Highlite23
03-09-2003, 03:24 PM
Not sure if you would call them kiddie games because they do offer up a pretty good challenge.

Along with the games listed i would go with Vexx also.

Oh, and welcome:)

Kortiz
03-09-2003, 04:47 PM
VEXX........newest platform game.

you could go pick up a Gamecube. unless you already have one.......in that case.................the posts above are some good titles to check out.

Cloud Strife
03-09-2003, 04:59 PM
I can probably help since these are the type of games I buy. I don't like violent games very much myself. I prefer colorful games that are quirky.

Any, I say:
-Blinx (My favorite Xbox Game)
-Pac-Man World 2
-Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
-Toe Jam & Earl III
-Mad Dash Racing
-Jet Set Radio Future
-TY: The Tasmanian Tiger
-Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
-Fuzion Frenzy
-Panzer Dragoon Orta
-Kung Fu Chaos
-Whacked (some like it)
-Dr. Muto
-Cel Damage
-Dragon's Lair 3-D (I Haven't played it)
-Frogger Beyond (Haven't played it either)
-Rayman 3 (Comes out soon, Rayman games rule)

I can understand. I hate real world games. I only want fantasy games.

50CeNt
03-09-2003, 05:04 PM
thx.. i have JSRF dont really like it, looks like the graphics are like paper, i think i like Vexx, the little characters make me think of Link in Zelda and the the colours are great. I think im gona buy that, Thx a lot guys.!

and btw thx casper ;)

Casper
03-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by 50CeNt
thx.. i have JSRF dont really like it, looks like the graphics are like paper, i think i like Vexx, the little characters make me think of Link in Zelda and the the colours are great. I think im gona buy that, Thx a lot guys.!

and btw thx casper ;)

Anytime bro...that's what we're here for...well, at least that's what I'm here for...to share the love of the Box :cool:

shrew king
03-09-2003, 05:20 PM
If you got some extra cash on you hands your best bet would be to go with the Gamecube, a lot of the games on it sound like what you're looking for.

Reclaimer
03-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by casper
Anytime bro...that's what we're here for...well, at least that's what I'm here for...to share the love of the Box :cool:

You love the box? Hey, me too.....

Does the Gamecube actually have the most kid oriented games? I've never noticed. (Burning Ranger, don't list every game for the gamecube.) I figured, yes, the xbox is the far superior console, but if you're only go to play kid games, I thought the GC would be the way to go.

Deathspuz
03-09-2003, 06:00 PM
my brother has a really little kids game, it is called sneakers but it is for very little kids

xboxman_1
03-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Does the Gamecube actually have the most kid oriented games?

I guess it would depend on what you consider kid oriented games.