PDA

View Full Version : who got a xbox because

greggp666
03-09-2003, 05:43 PM
who got a xbox because they where sick of updating there computer every 3-6 months to keep up with every new game that came out on the pc ?

i was so done with getting more memory,updating patches for buggy games. and the worst was droping like $200 for a new vid card cause my old one could not handle the $50 game i bought.

Reclaimer
03-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by greggp666
who got a xbox because they where sick of updating there computer every 3-6 months to keep up with every new game that came out on the pc ?

i was so done with getting more memory,updating patches for buggy games. and the worst was droping like $200 for a new vid card cause my old one could not handle the $50 game i bought.

I'm one. I got tired of playing games on my computer, and I didn't want to keep buying new hardware for it. I wanted to get a next generation console, and I almost got a PS2, until I saw Halo.

the_wank3r
03-09-2003, 06:57 PM
yeah xbox is freaking great no upgrading! awesome graphics. I have a pretty bomb computer and gr looks better on my box

ShannonX
03-09-2003, 07:05 PM
i kinda did it for that, but the PC still dominates with RTS and adventure games, in my opinion, which are 2 of my favorite genres of games.

xboxman_1
03-09-2003, 07:24 PM
I certainly didnt, I dont know what it is, but PC gmaes just dont excite me that much anymore. Starcraft is the only PC game I would consider playing at the moment...and I have UT2K3 and RTCW sitting right next to me.

Qbas
03-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Not me, i just bought it because i think it is great addition next to my GameCube, now i can play great games on GC, Xbox and PC.

:)

VenoM
03-09-2003, 07:31 PM
i honestly said to myself "i need an xbox now" after i seen the first jsrf trailer........loved jet grind on the dc and had to get the new version which was only on xbox ;)

Cloud Strife
03-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Not me. I got my Xbox because I saw Sega was bringing Gun Valkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, JSRF, Sega GT 2002, Crazy Taxi 3, and House of the Dead 3. Project Gotham Racing also pushed me to get an Xbox. I was originally going to get GC first until what happened at Spaceworld 2001. Big disappointent so I switched to Xbox. I was too angry at Sony at the time despite being a fan of them for a while.

Now, I really don't know what to do because I bought all the games that got me to want an Xbox.

Unreal
03-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by greggp666

I dont use my computer to play games on it. I use my consoles for that. I bought an Xbox for other reasons that I am too lazy to get into right now. lol

xboxman_1
03-09-2003, 08:30 PM
I was originally going to get GC first until what happened at Spaceworld 2001.

Are you talking about the whole Zelda - Celda thing?

ARONO129
03-09-2003, 08:46 PM
I bought an Xbox to avoid expensive upgrading and conflicts(even worse) when installing the game. Equally as annoying is games that are buggy until the patches are available.

Discretion
03-09-2003, 08:54 PM
I got it because I saw the line-up and Gamecube just couldn't hold my interest long... I got XBOX and I have played it 100x more than Gamecube... I thought GCN was going to be better but boy was I wrong! ;)

# 1 Stunner
03-09-2003, 09:37 PM
this is why im not a pc gamer.

Shadow20002
03-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Count me in too. I bought the Xbox just to get off my PC. I know now, i can't play Doom 3, Duke Nukem Forever or many other games when these ones will release. My PC is useless for gaming, just for working. :rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
03-09-2003, 09:47 PM
i got an xbox because it is better than the other 2. The only pc games I play are Real Time Strategy (RTS) and they cannot possibly be done properly on any other system, so that had no effect on my purchase.

NINE BREAKER
03-09-2003, 09:55 PM
I've never been into pc gaming, it was too expensive. But I got my Box 'cause I was tired of dealing with sh*ty ps2 games, and I couldn't see messing around with the tiny GC games, plus it is sooo ugly. I was looking at all the games the X had coming out and the ones GC had, and it was no contest.

Himji
03-10-2003, 05:19 AM
/e Throws his hat into the yes ring

Yep, don't want to upgrade my machine AGAIN so I think I'll stick to consoles from now on.

the thing I like abot the box is you have everything you need to go online in the box, live is available and better engine than PS2. I've never like nintendo much, just too cutesy...

Insane Jester
03-10-2003, 05:47 AM
i didnt i got one because i seen a preview of halo.

Nato King
03-10-2003, 08:31 AM
I got the xbox because I had a N64 and I was thinking to myself I really need a new console but I didn't want to buy a PS2 so I got the best thing an xbox.:) I am glad I did.

oc2001
03-10-2003, 09:56 AM
Because...

Xbox has the graghics and hardware that I like in my PC, has my PC game functionality(HD, LAN, Internet) all built right in at no EXTRA $$.

Now, I can free up my PC to do more work related things, and not worry about corrupting my PC if I install this game or that!

I do not want to make this a "Xbox is so much better than any<insert another console here> " but it does what I want it to,platform for games, and it does it well.

:)

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Burning Ranger

Now, I really don't know what to do because I bought all the games that got me to want an Xbox.
Well, you could play them. Then again, logic and common sense are foriegn things to your so called brain.

Variation-XBA
03-10-2003, 11:31 AM
I got mine cause I saw screenshots of Raw and it was supposed to be a lauch game. Then it was delayed... then it was delayed... then it sucked:) But I wuv my Xbox now :)

Cloud Strife
03-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Well, you could play them. Then again, logic and common sense are foriegn things to your so called brain. I did play them. I haven't played Panzer Dragoon Orta much because my Xbox was giving me problems when I tried to play it. Now my Xbox works since I got it fixed, but I don't have much interest in playing my Xbox right now when I have Suikoden III, Grandia Xtreme, Kingdom Hearts, Dual Hearts, Shadow Hearts, and Final Fantasy X on another system.