PDA

View Full Version : extract music from xbox game?

darianw
03-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Hi All,

I'd like to extract the music from a number of XBOX games I own (Enclave inparticular). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I tried poping it into my PC but I don't see much in the way of data files. :)

TIA,
Darian.

Exatox
03-09-2003, 10:49 PM
First, you would need a DVD player, and you would need to have special software for reading the XBOX disdcs and music formats.

XBOX discs, unlike other CDs, are written from the outside in, so they cannot be read by a normal computer without some kind of special software, which I do not think exists.

Reclaimer
03-09-2003, 11:13 PM
I have never heard of being able to extract audio straight from the xbox. Maybe somehow you can run a set of RCA cables from your TV or receiver output. I don't know, maybe from an external speaker port, or AUX out, and plug them into your microphone in jack on your computer, or SB Live Drive or something like that.
Basically anyway you can setup a direct audio line to your computer.

Cue up that track on the game, or find a spot in the game where you can set and not be bothered. Most games have a setting in the options menu to turn down all enviromental sounds and backgrounds. Basically mute out everything except the music and try it that way.

As far as ripping audio right off the game disc, I don't think that's gonig to be possible.

darianw
03-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Exatox - yup, have a dvd player... ahh, thanks for the info, I didn't realize the XBOX discs were bass-ackwards. I should have guessed it was a whacky format though, since MS is involved. ;)

Reclaimer - yeah, I thought of this method, but it's a lot of work and takes patience. ;)

There must be a way to do it, the data is there (I think?) - a way just has to be found to read it. Might have to dig around a bit more.

Thanks,
Darian.

Variation-XBA
03-10-2003, 11:35 AM
The only way I can think of doing it, is if you have an audigy card. Put the audio from your xbox into the comp and basicaly press record on line in. Thought unless it has music test or something, you might get not just the music...only thing I can really think of

natewebb
03-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Many developers use .wav, and other common formats for music. With an alternate XBOX bios, extracing these source files vai ftp is a breeze. However, replacing the Microsoft BIOS is considered illegal.

Any audio captured from the XBOX coax outputs will be captured as analog and loose some quality. That is not legal either because it would be a reproduction of content.

Either way is possible but both are illegal.

Viper87227
03-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Variation
The only way I can think of doing it, is if you have an audigy card. Put the audio from your xbox into the comp and basicaly press record on line in. Thought unless it has music test or something, you might get not just the music...only thing I can really think of

The other problem with that would be you would have one long string of music instead of having X amount of tracks

I suppose you could crop it but that is just more work... is it really worth it? :confused: