PDA

View Full Version : Worth the Wait for Brute Force

noodleboy
03-10-2003, 08:40 AM
I think so:

Brute Force (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/388/388499p1.html)

Although the version of Brute Force we saw didn't have all of its features and modes functioning, we did catch a glimpse of what's being called the Dynamic multiplayer system. Basically, DA is now allowing gamers to join games in progress on the fly whether you're talking about splitscreen or System Link. So if you've, started up a solo campaign and your buddy busts in your house and wants to play too, you won't have to start over from the beginning. He or she can either sit next to you, split the screen and play with you cooperatively. Or,if you have another Xbox and copy of BF on the same network, they can join you over System Link and play cooperatively. Ultimately you can have four people playing each of the characters cooperatively through the main campaign mode

I don't know if this is old news to everyone, but it justifies the delay...and with help from Bungie on the designs and mechanics of Brute Force, we should be pleasantly surprised by this game.

JJaX
03-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Well this game has been teasing us since OXM demo disc #2. That was a loooooong F'n time ago. Im quite bitter about how long this game has been in development.

Hurry up and release the F'n game :mad:

studepaber
03-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Is this game getting released in April or June? I forget which it is......Regardless of its lack of Live play I'm still anticipating this game a great deal.

Qbas
03-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Well Brute Force is my most anticipated game for Xbox and i was bit saddened that it got delayed but in other hand it is good that they will get all the bugs correct and improve gameplay etc. in it during that time.

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 10:44 AM
This game has disapointed me before it has even come out. All of the stuf I thought was already in the game was only put in after that long as-s time. I have a feeling I am going to be uber disapointed with it. Heck, it already is the biggest disappointment on Xbox for me. I cannot believe they didn't have system link before...

Variation-XBA
03-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by studepaber
Is this game getting released in April or June? I forget which it is......Regardless of its lack of Live play I'm still anticipating this game a great deal.

ebgames says late May....but June sounds more practicle

l Maximus l
03-10-2003, 12:48 PM
I, for one, am extremely bummed out that Brute Force is not on XBox Live. This game would be so much more....HUGE! if it only was XBox Live capable.

I'm not just talking about Content Downloads...I mean, head to head multi-player...deathmatches...team deathmatches.... Damn! Is this a squad based shooter? Yes! Then, why the hell this game isn't XBox Live capable is beyond me....:rolleyes:

VenoM
03-10-2003, 02:47 PM
i guess i'll be going back on xboxconnect for this game....so wish it was playable over xbox live :(

Qbas
03-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
i guess i'll be going back on xboxconnect for this game....so wish it was playable over xbox live :(
Does it even have multiplayer? If so i wonder why they didn't implement Live support to it? Unless they delay it because they are implementing Live support to the game.

:)

LTM360
03-10-2003, 03:31 PM
I was gonna buy this only cause of Xbox Live...but now there is no live so, no thanks.

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
BAH! zignored again. As I already stated in this thread, they delayed Brute Force in order to add system link and other multiplayer modes that we all thought were already in there, except for LIVE. I am thinking that if it took them that long to incorporate most of the things everyone was expecting were already in there, that the game won't be to good. It sounds like another Enclave is coming down the pipes. Meaning another HUGE disapointment. Don't get me wrong Enclave is still an alright game but it could have been AMAZING.

TheCovenant
03-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
BAH! zignored again. As I already stated in this thread, they delayed Brute Force in order to add system link and other multiplayer modes that we all thought were already in there, except for LIVE. I am thinking that if it took them that long to incorporate most of the things everyone was expecting were already in there, that the game won't be to good. It sounds like another Enclave is coming down the pipes. Meaning another HUGE disapointment. Don't get me wrong Enclave is still an alright game but it could have been AMAZING.

well, they're doing it know, so it's not a lost cause.

i think the game has some serious potentiall, especially since bungie is assisting the helm....

Shadow20002
03-10-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Don't get me wrong Enclave is still an alright game but it could have been AMAZING. [/B]

There are Enclave 2 that will be show off in E3. Maybe the sequel is what you wish for. ;)

xboxman_1
03-10-2003, 07:32 PM
i think the game has some serious potentiall, especially since bungie is assisting the helm....

What the crap are you talking about?

wbio
03-10-2003, 07:50 PM
I guess I will just have to play this on XB Connect:(. I don't see how they could be taking this long and not making it Live enabled. I sure hope it doesn't get delayed again though. Maybe we should just expect it to come out in December and then if it comes out earlier, it will be a pleasant surprise.

VenoM
03-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
well, they're doing it know, so it's not a lost cause.

bungie??......thought digital anvil is making this game :confused:

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
There are Enclave 2 that will be show off in E3. Maybe the sequel is what you wish for. ;)

I hope so.

Covy, I don't think they are adding Live now. They might be, and I sure as heck hope that they pull this game off right but my expectations are low.

Maybe that will turn out to be a good thing.

l Maximus l
03-10-2003, 08:35 PM
With XBox Live = a buy

Without XBox Live = Maybe I'll rent it.

ShannonX
03-10-2003, 09:02 PM
its a definate buy for me, live or no live... i could care less about live games since so far, I have not played a live game i could give half a crap about anyways. And i actually have friends in real life, so we'll be getting together and doing some system link coop which is a hell of alot more fun than online play.

No Fear 23
03-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
With XBox Live = a buy

same here too

:)

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
With XBox Live = a buy

Dude, how come I don't see you on Live anymore? I used to play a game with you like at least twice a week.

DZNUTZ
03-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Re the first post...yes..this is old news.
they claimed from the get go to have multiplayer jump in capabilities. so i don't know y their saying the delay was partially for that.

i will be buying this game regardless. i have had it pre-ordered for some time now.

btw...i also heard bungie was helping with this title.

Insane Jester
03-11-2003, 04:35 PM
well halo 2 has just gone over this year so im sure i can wait for brute force.