PDA

View Full Version : New Morrowind Gold for XB!

Brevity
03-10-2003, 12:47 PM
As reported else where:
Morrowind Gold!!
EBgames list the NEW Morrowind Gold for a release date of October the game will has all the PC AD-ONs Tribunal and Bloodmoon at 30 dollars...
If you can use your old save count me in

* I loved this game so I will of course get this. :cool:

Kraft
03-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Thats kinda cool. I wonder why they can't do expansion disks like the pc uses? Actually I'm not sure how the morrowind expansion disks work, but games like Starcraft let you run the game off the expansion, which is cool. *plots the takeover of the vampire guild*

DZNUTZ
03-10-2003, 02:36 PM
personally...even with the addition of added content and a reduced price..i'll be passing.
if i wanted to read that much i'd go to the library

Kraft
03-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
personally...even with the addition of added content and a reduced price..i'll be passing.
if i wanted to read that much i'd go to the library

or even learn how to read.

XBOX MSSC
03-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
or even learn how to read.

nice one..:D

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Anyone who knows anything about the two expansions for Morrowind knows that this is a HUGE anouncement. I just re-installed Morrowind and Tribunal on my computer today. I am no doubt going to get the expansions for Xbox as well. I cannot wait for Bloodmoon. Snowy levels and Werewolves here I COME!

Master Gracey
03-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Cool news! That being the case, it should also include the patches that were released before Tribunal, the patches that came with Tribunal, and the patches that are to come with Bloodmoon (incidently, some of the patches that Bloodmoon is coming with are patches to fix Tribunal bugs! :rolleyes: )

Only problem I can see is if Bloodmoon is as buggy as Tribunal, then it'll be virtually unplayable without patches. People buying this for Xbox can only hope that Bethesda thoroughly playtested Bloodmoon, coz they're not liable to release Bloodmoon patches for the Xbox version. I'm gonna stick with the PC version coz it's just too much fun making mods... besides, I could never give up my armor mannequins or my island estate with the 5-million gold mudcrab who buys absolutely everything. :D

EDIT - I just read the first post more thoroughly... this Morrowind Gold comes out in October, and Bloodmoon is released in May. This should give Bethesda plenty of time to get Bloodmoon bug reports from PC owners so they can fix bugs in time for the October Xbox release.

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Whats this about a 5million$ mudcrab? A mod you say? I should make me one a those.

Master Gracey
03-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Whats this about a 5million$ mudcrab? A mod you say? I should make me one a those.

Yup... a mudcrab merchant who has $5,000,000 gold and buys everything (including books, clothes, alchemical equipment and ingredients). Buys it all at full price, too!

I have the island estate mod on my computer, which I've made some personal alterations to... one of which was that mudcrab. All I did was create a new instance of the original mudcrab merchant, and then changed the mudcrab's attributes to suit my needs. I changed the attributes at the world level, so both mudcrab merchants were altered but I didn't really care about that. I just got sick and tired of having to spend days and days selling stuff back and forth to creeper to get full price.

TheCovenant
03-10-2003, 07:17 PM
okay thats it, i'm going to rebuy morrowind....i knew giving that game up was a bad idea.

Shadow20002
03-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Hopefully and hopefully again that all the furious bugs (DDEs and crash randomly) has being removed. What are the price thought ? :rolleyes:

MerimacHamwich
03-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Heh, I have still, to date, not had an unwarranted Dirty Disc Error with Morrowind. Meaning, all of the dirty disc errors I got with it (1 in total) have been becuase the Disc was Dirty. The only thing that bothers me about the Xbox version is the load times.:eek:

# 1 Stunner
03-10-2003, 10:14 PM
i traded my morrowind.:( :o

Master Gracey
03-10-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner

I traded my Xbox version in October coz I was fed up with the obscene amount of crashes and broken quests. Then I picked up the PC version in January (along with the Tribunal expansion) and all I can say is that it was worth every penny... granted, I only paid $6 because both were on sale and I had a $50 gift card from Best Buy that I got as a Christmas present. :D

y2kash_14
03-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner

me too, i found that game coaster-riffic :)

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
I traded my Xbox version in October coz I was fed up with the obscene amount of crashes and broken quests. Then I picked up the PC version in January (along with the Tribunal expansion) and all I can say is that it was worth every penny... granted, I only paid $6 because both were on sale and I had a $50 gift card from Best Buy that I got as a Christmas present. :D

does the standard version of morrowind have the map editor ? If so, illl pick this baby up. :D

JJaX
03-11-2003, 08:22 AM
Can i get a link?

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
does the standard version of morrowind have the map editor ? If so, illl pick this baby up. :D

I'm not sure if I'm following you... what's this map editor? If you're talking about the construction set, then yes, the PC standard version has it. The Xbox one doesn't. The CS let's you change whatever you want, wherever you want. Characters, items, faces, races, and even the landscape. :D

JJaX
03-11-2003, 08:41 AM
I thought morrowind was a great game. I had a rough experience. I had a death bounty on my head once i hit level 2. So i was on the run, so i was forced to become powerful. I reached level 26 and realized nothing could even scratch me. I wielded the "jaxcalibur" a dedic claymore that delt 500 damage in a 30 yard radius. It was good stuff.

But i never completed my main quest because there was no challenge left.

But id still be interested in this.

JJaX
03-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Can i get a F'N link already....

Sorry for the tude, but ive been trying to load this F'n page for like 15 minutes...

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Can i get a F'N link already....

Sorry for the tude, but ive been trying to load this F'n page for like 15 minutes...

Hehehe! :D No clue on links...

That sounds like a rough experience though getting such a strong character that's useless for playing the game... but that's one of the nice things about the PC version. It has this wonderful little thing called the console. You push "~" and you get a box where you can type in commands. Type in a command, lose your death warrant! :D You can literally change any and every stat for your character and every npc. If you ever run into a problem where people are mulling about in doorways, blocking them so you can't get through, bring up the console and type in "ra" to put all npc's back in their starting position. If an npc has fallen through the world, type in a console command to create a new instance of them... this little puppy is the biggest draw for buying the PC version over the Xbox version. :D

JJaX
03-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Well i eventually worked my way out of it. I enchanted a amulet with a golden saint that did charm and calm. So was able to caste at a few hundred times before the charge ran out. Well anyways, it made people that attacked me stop attacking me and hey loved me 100%.

I called it my pimp chain, i even made a thread a while ago.

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure if I'm following you... what's this map editor? If you're talking about the construction set, then yes, the PC standard version has it. The Xbox one doesn't. The CS let's you change whatever you want, wherever you want. Characters, items, faces, races, and even the landscape. :D

yeah, the CS. That's what i was talking about. Well i guess i'll head over to gamestop, later today. :D

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 10:09 AM
yeah, the CS. That's what i was talking about. Well i guess i'll head over to gamestop, later today. :D

You'll really like it if you're into game mods. People are doing some amazing stuff with the CS! In fact, I'd wager that the modding community for Morrowind is even larger (and the output far greater) than that for The Sims.

I don't know how skilled you are at game modding or figuring out software, but I have some good links to Morrowing modding websites, as well as in-depth FAQs on using the CS. If you get stuck, just let me know and I'll send some links your way. :D Once you get the hang of using the CS, it's all very easy. The learning curve isn't all that steep. Overall, quite a nice job by Bethesda on making the CS powerful, yet user-friendly.

Brevity
03-11-2003, 10:18 AM
You'll really like it if you're into game mods. People are doing some amazing stuff with the CS! In fact, I'd wager that the modding community for Morrowind is even larger (and the output far greater) than that for The Sims.

I don't know how skilled you are at game modding or figuring out software, but I have some good links to Morrowing modding websites, as well as in-depth FAQs on using the CS. If you get stuck, just let me know and I'll send some links your way. :D Once you get the hang of using the CS, it's all very easy. The learning curve isn't all that steep. Overall, quite a nice job by Bethesda on making the CS powerful, yet user-friendly.

No joke the first week or month I tried to keep up but even then it was to hard, I had links to 6 sites and all them were pumping out tones of dif. stuff. Now its only gotten worse. IN a good way.

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 10:27 AM

If you could give me a link to one of the better fan sites that would be cool, because i'd like to get some info about what this CS set can do.

BTW after i install the game are there any patches i need to get? i've heard there are quite a few bugs. :confused:

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 11:33 AM
If you could give me a link to one of the better fan sites that would be cool, because i'd like to get some info about what this CS set can do.

BTW after i install the game are there any patches i need to get? i've heard there are quite a few bugs. :confused:

You'll definitely need patches. They're available from the main page at www.morrowind.com. Unfortunately, the latest patch (not counting the patch to fix Tribunal bugs) was only available by buying the Tribunal expansion. The most important fix from the patch that came with Tribunal was that Morag Tong grandmaster writs are now a mission you can complete.

The forums at the main site are also a good place to ask questions if you're having a problem with modding, because the people who designed and programmed the game actually read stuff and post there.

Here are a few more good sites. These sites all have mods to download, and most have great resources and tutorials on using the CS:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/
Has GREAT forums, and the largest collection of mods available

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/chronicles/mods/plugins_index.shtml
Along with mods to download, has links to the best CS tutorials out there

http://m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/files/morfiles.shtml

http://thelys.free.fr/mods.htm

http://www.euro-morrowind.com
Sadly, most of these don't work coz this site rezips everything, and alot of rar archives are damaged when the rar file is zipped.

BTW - read the second interview on the first page I linked to... the upcoming Bloodmoon expansion is going to have flesh-eating zombies!!! :D

EDIT - be sure to also download the official mod plugins from the main Morrowind site! "Entertain The Patrons" is quite hysterical no matter what level your skills are at.

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 12:46 PM
You'll definitely need patches. They're available from the main page at www.morrowind.com. Unfortunately, the latest patch (not counting the patch to fix Tribunal bugs) was only available by buying the Tribunal expansion. The most important fix from the patch that came with Tribunal was that Morag Tong grandmaster writs are now a mission you can complete.

The forums at the main site are also a good place to ask questions if you're having a problem with modding, because the people who designed and programmed the game actually read stuff and post there.

Here are a few more good sites. These sites all have mods to download, and most have great resources and tutorials on using the CS:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/
Has GREAT forums, and the largest collection of mods available

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/chronicles/mods/plugins_index.shtml
Along with mods to download, has links to the best CS tutorials out there

http://m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/files/morfiles.shtml

http://thelys.free.fr/mods.htm

http://www.euro-morrowind.com
Sadly, most of these don't work coz this site rezips everything, and alot of rar archives are damaged when the rar file is zipped.

BTW - read the second interview on the first page I linked to... the upcoming Bloodmoon expansion is going to have flesh-eating zombies!!! :D

EDIT - be sure to also download the official mod plugins from the main Morrowind site! "Entertain The Patrons" is quite hysterical no matter what level your skills are at.

ALRIGHT, thanks man. I'm going to gamestop now :D...

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 03:05 PM
MSSC, with the CS you can basically do anything and everything you want.

Gracey, have you found any good pretty faces mods yet? My brother (RadRider) found an amazing one but I can't find it. It used way less polygons than the original faces but the new faces looked literally 100x better. Anyway, I think I am going to go play some The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind:Tribunal. That is the longest legit game name I have said.:D

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 03:16 PM

Gracey, have you found any good pretty faces mods yet? My brother (RadRider) found an amazing one but I can't find it. It used way less polygons than the original faces but the new faces looked literally 100x better. Anyway, I think I am going to go play some The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind:Tribunal. That is the longest legit game name I have said.:D

alright. i just got the game and played with it. i'm going to gracy's sites to learn more about the CS.

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Here (http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php?url=/downloads/media_wallpapers.htm&bg=05) is another place where you might want to go to get some plugins/mods. In one f the links on the bottom there are pictures of a mountable guar mod being developed as we speak! I cannot wait for that one!

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Here (http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php?url=/downloads/media_wallpapers.htm&bg=05) is another place where you might want to go to get some plugins/mods. In one f the links on the bottom there are pictures of a mountable guar mod being developed as we speak! I cannot wait for that one!

alright thanks. :D

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 03:55 PM
is there a way for me to open my save file and edit that ?

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Actually, I am not good at all with the editor, so I have no idea. I pretty much just play the game. Hehe, sorry if I mislead you.
:)

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 04:13 PM
nm.

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 04:19 PM
You know that if you become the leader of a house or guild you get your own palace/house? They build it for you and everything. I haven't got that far in the game seeing as I always seem to be starting new characters but my friend did.

XBOX MSSC
03-11-2003, 04:22 PM
You know that if you become the leader of a house or guild you get your own palace/house? They build it for you and everything. I haven't got that far in the game seeing as I always seem to be starting new characters but my friend did.

alright. that sounds cool. i think i may create my own guild.

*back to working on my house* :D

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 05:26 PM

I've got a couple pretty faces on mine that are good. I think a new one just came out in the last week that does really (and I mean REALLY) nice dark elf faces. Oddly enough, that's been the race that all the former mods haven't done. :D

Try this...

Click this link to go to the download section of Morrowind Summit: Morrowind Summit (http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/mods/mods_sql.asp) (may take a few tries today coz their server is going nuts with ads that won't go away even when you click the button to continue to the website. If you get an ad, close the window and keep clicking my link until you get in ad-free). The pulldown menu on the top left should be "view mods by category." Find the category "models and textures" and set the results per page to 50. On the first page that loads, you should see two very nice face replacers done by the best face modders currently out there. They're all for female heads, but if you dig deeper, you might be able to find the male heads that they did. You won't be disappointed. :D It's stunning work.

G Feeder
03-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Can somsone give me a link for Gold Morrowind on Xbox? As its not released EBGAMES anymore.

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Gracey, is there anyway to view what the mods look like before installing them? The female beauty pack sounds like it might be good. As well as a few others.

shrew king
03-11-2003, 06:48 PM
This is some awesome news, I know I will be picking these games up as soon as they come out. Morrowind is one of my all time favorites, hopefully everything will be patched up, maybe they will even fix the problems in the first somehow.

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Gracey, is there anyway to view what the mods look like before installing them? The female beauty pack sounds like it might be good. As well as a few others.

Sadly, there's no way to do that unless the person has put up screenshots (which are usually linked to in the description if they're available.)

I have the female beauty pack, and I assure you that it's a great combination of the best skin mods out there... just make sure you download the other file that it says to download. It's easy to find. On the bottom right pulldown menu, you can find mods by name. It has the same name as is listed in the description for the female beauty pack. Almost the entire female beauty pack is done by two people: one who does the modeling and one who does the skins. Their work is among the best mods available.

XBOX MSSC
03-20-2003, 11:11 AM
I have the female beauty pack, and I assure you that it's a great combination of the best skin mods out there... just make sure you download the other file that it says to download. It's easy to find. On the bottom right pulldown menu, you can find mods by name. It has the same name as is listed in the description for the female beauty pack. Almost the entire female beauty pack is done by two people: one who does the modeling and one who does the skins. Their work is among the best mods available.

I installed both of those files and it didn't work. :confused:

EHWfedPres
03-20-2003, 01:13 PM
So is the new version going to include the full game or is it just an add-on disc?

(dont feel like reading several pages of posts)

JJaX
03-20-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
So is the new version going to include the full game or is it just an add-on disc?

(dont feel like reading several pages of posts)

I would imagine its a add-on disc

XBOX MSSC
03-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I would imagine its a add-on disc

it's the full game. but i'm highly doubtful that it will even be released. I think it was a slip up on eb's part. I think eb tought the "gold" was "platinum"