PDA

View Full Version : Hdtv Pack Question

SACK
11-30-2001, 04:36 PM
Question:
Does the game have to support the other resolutions?

Problem:
I can play NHL Hitz, Halo, and AMPED in Widescreen mode but Dead or Alive 3 does not display properly in any mode but normal video.

System:
Samsung HDTV 55" and HDTV AV Pack.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

SACK

sinizuh
11-30-2001, 05:19 PM
i also have a question...

do you need to buy component cables seperately? or do they come with the HDTV pack?

LynxFX
11-30-2001, 06:21 PM
Sack,

All the games support 480p but currently none support 1080i or 720p. The HDTV pack will allow you to get true 480p scan to your HDTV. If a game isn't widescreen then there will either be black bars on the side if you have a widescreen tv or it will be stretched out to fill the entire screen. All depends on your settings.

As for DOA3, I have it running in true 16x9 without any problems. There are some other people here though that it isn't apparently working correctly. I would check the settings on your TV. Halo isn't a widescreen title so if it is being stretched to 16x9 then your tv isn't setup correctly. It is probably taking 4:3 images and forcing the stretch which is why when it is sent a real 16x9 image from DOA3 it is stretching it further and therefor cutting parts off. Not sure if NHL hitz is a 16x9 supported title.

Sinizuh,

Yes it comes with a set of component cables. But no optical.

Haine
12-01-2001, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Sinizuh,

Yes it comes with a set of component cables. But no optical. [/B]

The optical cable is for Dts or DD,not Hdtv support..???