PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind joins Platinum Hits

Xbox Owner
03-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Morrowind Goes Platinum
Tuesday, March 11, 14:47 | Talon |

Bethesda Softworks today announced that The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind will be re-released through the Xbox Platinum Hits series. Retailing for $19.99 USD, as with all other Platinum Hits titles, the re-release follows the game’s initial release last year. Morrowind has players creating their own character, and going off in search of an evil that looms over the land. Check out the game’s official site for further details.

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Eh... that's still too much to spend for how buggy the Xbox version is.

If you wanna play Morrowind, get the PC version now, or wait until Morrowind Gold comes out for Xbox in October so you can get the Xbox version with all the patches and the two expansion packs.

NINE BREAKER
03-11-2003, 08:46 PM
How good is Morrowind? I've been thinking of getting it, cause I really need a RPG. If what Master Gracey says is true, not calling you a liar:D I may just wait untill Oct.

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

If you wanna play Morrowind, get the PC version now, or wait until Morrowind Gold comes out for Xbox in October so you can get the Xbox version with all the patches and the two expansion packs.

Maybe they patched it. I mean didn't they make newer Xboxes with some fixes in the hardware? Maybe it's like PC games.....when they re-release the game it has the bug fixes and even some new content. Morrowind probably not any new content, but it's still possible to get it with the fixes. :D :)

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Maybe they patched it. I mean didn't they make newer Xboxes with some fixes in the hardware? Maybe it's like PC games.....when they re-release the game it has the bug fixes and even some new content. Morrowind probably not any new content, but it's still possible to get it with the fixes. :D :)

Morrowind Gold is going to be huge... it will most definitely contain the bug fixes (patches) that have been released since the game came out last year. It will also include the two expansion packs, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Bloodmoon will come out for PC in May, so any bugs will be reported and fixed by the time Morrowind Gold comes out in October and any Bloodmoon patches will most likely be incorporated into the Xbox version.

Also, the official plugins created by Bethesda will be included:

SIEGE AT FIREMOTH
ADAMANTIUM ARMOR
LEFEMM ARMOR
MASTER INDEX
HELM OF TOHAN
AREA EFFECT ARROWS
BITTER COAST SOUNDS
ENTERTAINERS

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Cool, I wasn skeptical about the game but now I guess I'd pick it up. The only thing is that you can mod the PC version(I can't make a mod let alone know how). It would be cool to allow Xboxers to mod but they'd have to make a simplar interface and tools, give bigger hard drives and let Xbox LIVE be open for uploading. That would be a bad things cause then cheating would definitely get out of control.

Master Gracey
03-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
Cool, I wasn skeptical about the game but now I guess I'd pick it up. The only thing is that you can mod the PC version(I can't make a mod let alone know how). It would be cool to allow Xboxers to mod but they'd have to make a simplar interface and tools, give bigger hard drives and let Xbox LIVE be open for uploading. That would be a bad things cause then cheating would definitely get out of control.

http://www.thegijoezone.com/media/audio/knowing/knowing.jpg

"And cheating is half the battle!"

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:57 PM
True.

Hey I really want to mod a game (mostly Half-Life) but why does it cost so much to make a mod? Yeah the level builder is free but it's like $2000 for 3DStudio Max to make the models. I can make levels but don't got all those fancy programs to make a mod. :( :(

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 09:58 PM
You don't have to use those thousand dollars programs.
:confused:

xboxman_1
03-11-2003, 10:01 PM

Its not THAT bad, Ive logged tons and tons of hours on the xbox version, and let me tell you, its a great game. I recommend it for $50, let alone $20.

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 10:04 PM
I am with xboxman on this one. While the Xbox version isn' as good as the PC version, it is still well worth that price.

XBOX MSSC
03-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Its not THAT bad, Ive logged tons and tons of hours on the xbox version, and let me tell you, its a great game. I recommend it for $50, let alone $20.

yeah, i got the game for PC last night. It kicks ass. :D

XBOX MSSC
03-12-2003, 07:34 AM
look at this Box art. It's not brown but black and has 3 circles at the bottom right.Could it be that this has the expansion packs in it ?

http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/main_bg/morrowind_platsleeve01.jpg

Master Gracey
03-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by XBOX MSSC
look at this Box art. It's not brown but black and has 3 circles at the bottom right.Could it be that this has the expansion packs in it ?

I've got a feeling the circles are just mentions of the awards it won. If it had the expansions, I'm sure Bethesda would be stirring up a much greater buzz about it. :D

As for the black box, it's actually the same box that was used for the limited edition deluxe PC version. It came with a whole bunch of extra stuff... I can't remember what all it was, but I remember there was a figurine and an audio CD of the music. There was more, but I can't remember it all. :D I thought it was odd they were using that cover for the new Xbox platinum. Guess they thought it'd look better than the traditional brown cover!

EDIT - glad to hear you're enjoying the game! :D

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
Morrowind Goes Platinum
Tuesday, March 11, 14:47 | Talon |

Bethesda Softworks today announced that The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind will be re-released through the Xbox Platinum Hits series. Retailing for $19.99 USD, as with all other Platinum Hits titles, the re-release follows the game’s initial release last year. Morrowind has players creating their own character, and going off in search of an evil that looms over the land. Check out the game’s official site for further details.

I hated morrowind... it didn't set the world of xbox rpg on fire at $50 and i don't see it happening at $20....so much for the so called final fantasy killer....

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 05:22 PM
It does kill Final Fantasy. In every way shape and form it destroys that excuse for a game called Final Fantasy. Graphically, gameplay wise and storyline wise. If you didn't like it, chances are you aren't into games with freedom or else you didn't play it enough. The PC version even destroys the Xbox version, so it kills Final Fantasy and buries it 100 feet in the ground. You are way underestimating this game, as do so many others.

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 05:40 PM
i rented this game twice, and i put over 60 hours into it in those two weeks of renting, i really was addicted. Every now and then i borrow this game from my friend. This 20 buck deal entices me, but im thinking about holding about for the gold edition, since i can just borrow the regular game anytime! what do you guys think i should do? buy it? or wait till gold? and how much do you think gold will run for??

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
It does kill Final Fantasy. In every way shape and form it destroys that excuse for a game called Final Fantasy. Graphically, gameplay wise and storyline wise. If you didn't like it, chances are you aren't into games with freedom or else you didn't play it enough. The PC version even destroys the Xbox version, so it kills Final Fantasy and buries it 100 feet in the ground. You are way underestimating this game, as do so many others.

C'mon Guy...Morrowind was hyped up from jump and it crashed and burned....thru sales and word of mouth...(everybody i spoke to hated it) I bought that sleeping pill on a dvd..it's like we played a very different game...i liked the freedom, but i didn't like how the game went about it. The combat system was the worst i had ever played in a video game...and it didn't help to have my game crash on me every 45 mins..... I think that there is going to be a role playing game that will make every xbox owner very happy, but morrowind wasn't it

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 06:23 PM
See, thats the thing. Everyone I know who has Morrowind didn't have the crashing problem. Maybe the Canadian shipments were fine or something, I have no idea. As well, I think the combat system is better than alot of games out there. Take Final Fantasy or any other turn based game for an example. That kind of combat system is the most primitive and boring you can get.

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
i rented this game twice, and i put over 60 hours into it in those two weeks of renting, i really was addicted. Every now and then i borrow this game from my friend. This 20 buck deal entices me, but im thinking about holding about for the gold edition, since i can just borrow the regular game anytime! what do you guys think i should do? buy it? or wait till gold? and how much do you think gold will run for??
MixMasta, as far as I know, the gold thing is only 30$ american and only includes the expansions. Still a great deal though. 50$ american to get a game and two amazing expansion packs.

Master Gracey
03-12-2003, 06:42 PM
MixMasta, as far as I know, the gold thing is only 30$ american and only includes the expansions. Still a great deal though. 50$ american to get a game and two amazing expansion packs.

No, no, no, no, no... that PLATINUM version coming out this month will be $20 and won't have the plugins, patches or expansions. The GOLD version will have those, but it won't come out until October and I'd bet it'll be $50 like other big new releases.

Let's keep our metals straight... :D

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Well this (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33236&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) thread says that the Gold version will include both epxansions but it doesn't specify if the original Morrowind is included. It also sets the price at 30$ american. So if the platinum version is 20$ and you get it now, then spend 30$ on the Gold edition in October it is still only 50$ for an amazing game pack.

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Well this (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33236&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) thread says that the Gold version will include both epxansions but it doesn't specify if the original Morrowind is included. It also sets the price at 30$ american. So if the platinum version is 20$ and you get it now, then spend 30$ on the Gold edition in October it is still only 50$ for an amazing game pack.

i think gracey might be right on this one with it being 50 for the gold. why would they sell u a game with just expansions, and not the core game. that is like selling brood war to someone when they dont have starcraft. if they are true expansions, they are expanding the original game, not being a complete new one. but we all could be wrong, so maybe bethesda could clear this one up!

y2kash_14
03-18-2003, 12:58 AM
See, thats the thing. Everyone I know who has Morrowind didn't have the crashing problem. Maybe the Canadian shipments were fine or something, I have no idea. As well, I think the combat system is better than alot of games out there. Take Final Fantasy or any other turn based game for an example. That kind of combat system is the most primitive and boring you can get.

in Dr.Beefy's defence, i didn't have any problems with crashing, and i thought the game was Crap

MerimacHamwich
03-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
i think gracey might be right on this one with it being 50 for the gold. why would they sell u a game with just expansions, and not the core game. that is like selling brood war to someone when they dont have starcraft. if they are true expansions, they are expanding the original game, not being a complete new one. but we all could be wrong, so maybe bethesda could clear this one up!
I am just going with my experience on the expansions for PC. You have the regular disc and you buy the expansion discs for half the price of the original game. You then install the expansions onto the computer. From then on you never use the expansion disc just the original.